Remember Me - Nilin Invisible Suit (1 Viewer)

xellos49698

Content Creator
Of course, I'm going to credit you, it's got your textures inside of it. However, if you prefer it uploaded here, I'll make sure to place a link from your website in the post.

On the subject of textures, did you take a look at Nilin's ass textures?

I've decided to try to do the blending on my own, I don't know how it will turn out, but it's not fair to Vergil when they may be working on a brand new texture for Nilin on there own or maybe some other project. Don't expect to hear back from me for at least a week maybe two on this.

Besides, who knows what can happen unless you try, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Of course, I'm going to credit you, it's got your textures inside of it. However, if you prefer it uploaded here, I'll make sure to place a link from your website in the post.

On the subject of textures, did you take a look at Nilin's ass textures? Is it possible for you to blend the colors into the model so that it matches completely? If you could just blend the 1 colored texture I sent you, and send it back to me, I can take care of the rest.

I'd be willing to give it a try, but my blending artistic skills are somewhat limited, as in I've never done it before.

Xellos,
I'm glad you decided to give credit to Vergil. When you post the mod, would you include a few words about Vergil giving permission to mod his work? It makes the moderators' job a LOT easier.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

xellos49698

Content Creator
Some more screen shots, again I would appreciate feed back if Nilin's ass texture look right as well as the rest of the model.

Vergil

Content Creator
The diffuse is ok so far. But the normal map splits the ass in two parts. :)
Even if this is her wet look on the latest sceenshots, the reflection map is to bright. Make the skin parts on that map darker.
In my opinion the breasts on the jacket look awkward. It's just the fact that the cloth is not to tight on her body. You could of course make two versions if you want. One with bare breasts and one without.

xellos49698

Content Creator
I like nude breasts too much to cover them up. I know her ass is split into two parts, is there a problem with the shape? I think I got it right.

Making her ass darker is not a issue. W

Con, I should be brightning the inverted textures, right? I notice the original textures for both mods had even brighter inverted textures then mine.

Vergil

Content Creator
That is better, yes. Still shiny, but I think you are going to fix this anyway. Keep it up.

xellos49698

Content Creator
I tried reducing the inverted texture brightness by 50%, con Fix her ass texture so that the dark spots near her pussy are gone.

I know Nilin's nude body is still reflecting light, but I'm not sure what else I can do? I'm fairly sure her costume is made that way.

xellos49698

Content Creator
There is one tiny near texture I can't get to, but it only last for a split second. I doubt it's causing all the trouble, but I'll try again tonight. It's in an open area right after you make the jumb past the moving fan, that you turn off. Tex mod pulls over 120.000 textures and the game crashes

Also, I was using a brightness of 30 in PAINT.exe on the last sets of inverted textures, (it use to be 60)

I suppose I could try to use 15, but I'm worried that it's going to be too dark, as 30 looks darker then I would like. Did you notice any reduction in reflection from the last two sets?

xellos49698

Content Creator
Wow, I'm glad I went back. Took me a few hours or so but I got it. 2 more large textures, but I'm still seeing reflection issues

I think this is about as good as we can get, but if you have any other ideas let me know.

K3kk31 G3nk41

Potential Patron
I know the whole texture editing process can sometimes be real sisyphus work and i mean no disrespect stating my opinion, after all - this is what you asked for xellos:
Firstly, i take Vergil's side that editing Nilin's upper body will inevitably end in a awkward result, so i recommend not to make holes in the jacket and instead altering the shirt under it (maybe shorten it, add transparency).
Secondly, i think her rear chink needs more shading, since right now it still looks like she's wearing skin colored leggings.
And thirdly, there's wet skin and there's oiled skin, and at the moment Nilin's body looks more oiled up than wet (not saying this is something bad).
Again, this is meant as constructive criticism.

Oh, and muchos kudosos to you Vergil.

Vergil

Content Creator
Thanks K3kk31.
T
hat's right, you need to make the reflection rough. I don't think you can do that without changing something in the engine/editor. So in this case it's better to let the reflection almost disappear. But if there is nothing you can do anymore, you can leave it like that.
It's all right, just upload it and say you got the ass texture from Vergil. That's it. :)
Btw, 33MB is to much. Use the dds format for your textures. Photoshop and Gimp can handle that format. I think both need a plugin for it though.

xellos49698

Content Creator
K3kk31 G3nk41 The first thing you mentioned is pretty close to impossible for someone of my skill, I may be able to make the shirt shorter, but a transparent jacket? I wouldn't know where to begin. The third bit about the wet costume is how the model is designed. I don't think there a way to get around this short of hex editing, which I don't know how to do.

As for the 2nd part about her ass, are you saying the natal cleft aka but crack needs more shading? Or the entire ass texture needs to be darkened to define it more?

Again I don't mind putting more time, if I can get specific ideas of what else I might need to improve on.

xellos49698

Content Creator
This probably looks bad, heres an partial attempt at an invisible jack. Unless you think it's going to look good all around Nilin? Also, I tried to darken Nilin's natal cleft more. Opinions please?

Snarkiii, after working on Nilin for a while, I don't think Vergil decided to stop for no reason. I think it's because the model itself is extremely difficult to work on.

Vergil

Content Creator
No I stopped because it looked good in the "dry" levels and I don't wanted to adjust it for the wet levels, I didn't even try. No motivation left for it. I've started a new project after that.
Snarkiii, I've once said 200 €. The guys gave me 4 € so far, thanks folks! :) I think if I would post this on my site or similar forum I could get more, but I'm thinking about another strategy. No money needed for it. I make the diffuse and normal texture and upload it. Everyone can use it for his own work. Just need to credit me with my new site (when it's online).
The problem with that is, not much people are doing nudemods and could use that kind of textures. But the good thing is, I only make that textures and thats' it. No packing, no readme, no ingame screenshot and that kind of stuff. Tell me what you think about it and we will see what my further steps will be.

xellos49698

Content Creator
Vergil, if you can make better textures for me to use, I can put them in game for you no problem. As I said before, I found the locations of all the textures in game. Just send the textures to me, and I'll send you the final product to unload on your website or upload here.

An artist unfortunately I am not, I'm average at best, understanding Tex mod is something I do know fairly well.

One request though, I really like topless models, it's important to me. I know it may not matter to you, but I would appreciate it if Nilin's breasts are exposed.

Question for saving a file to DDS format in GIMP what is the best kind of compression to use when exporting? BC1/DXT1 or BC2/DXT3 or BC3/DXT5

BC1/DXT1 save space, BC2/DXT3 sharp alpha transitions, between translucent and opaque areas, BC3/DXT5 superior results for alpha (transparency) gradients

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.