Practise Roleplay Character: Superhero(ine)/Super Villan(ess) (1 Viewer)

kained

Ryonani Teamster
Highly trained martial artist? Power-hungry crime kingpin? Ruthless and narcissistic and looking for a fight?

Hmm...

challengeaccepted324.png

You can expect that Cedric won't play fair or go easy on a passionate young girl.

noice1

Potential Patron
Just for the record, no, that's not my character. It's just something I found on Deviant-Art, and I chopped a lot of hair off. I'm amazed how difficult it is to find a bad girl in all black that isn't leather/latex suits. Anything film noir would fit, oh well.

kained

Ryonani Teamster
Hey True Succubus, have I made my character Cedric Royal too powerful by making him a top crime boss with legions of gangs at his command?

True Succubus

Potential Patron
Hey True Succubus, have I made my character Cedric Royal too powerful by making him a top crime boss with legions of gangs at his command?

By making your guy a Criminal Lord, your stronger then about 25-30 normal henchmen, but lesser then a strong hero in direct combat. He can't be the lord of all, he can be one of the top 3-5 lords, but not the top, that's reserved for further in the Roleplay.

But otherwise, he is excellent, just what I'm looking for for this.

DeceptionCircus

Ryonani Teamster
Name: Cedric Royal AKA The Panther

stringer-bell.jpg

--

Ah so it was Idris Elba after all, thought he looked familiar. I apologize for going a bit off topic here, but was Cedric influenced to any extent by Stringer Bell from The Wire or did you just pick the looks from him? Wonderful show that The Wire by the way.

Sounds like Tsung from FFVII only evil.

Oh damn, haha, I've actually never played the game (been meaning to for a long time). So much for the originality!

noice1

Potential Patron
By the way Kained, I forgot to mention how nice it was to see another Bruce Lee admirer. I may need to watch A Warrior's Journey again. I'm trying to remember an early philosophy of his, I think it was "Gung Fu", essentially, one direct motion, no flair or showmanship, just instantaneous reaction taking the shortest, most direct and accessible path to target.

I haven't really developed how my character fights (as I wrote, a work in progress), and I'm not too familiar with different styles. My favorite, a system called CQC, used in Metal Gear. Basically, it involves lots of disarming/dislocating and take-downs. CQC Sorry about the quality and the music, just mute it (hate when people do this to videos).

Another style I've taken to is kick-heavy. I really don't know how else to explain it, so here. Skip to 3:20 (though I recommend the entire video anyway). Not to say my character is limited to kicks (she uses submission techniques as well to make up for her size), but her legs are her deadliest weapon.

kained

Ryonani Teamster
By the way Kained, I forgot to mention how nice it was to see another Bruce Lee admirer. I may need to watch A Warrior's Journey again. I'm trying to remember an early philosophy of his, I think it was "Gung Fu", essentially, one direct motion, no flair or showmanship, just instantaneous reaction taking the shortest, most direct and accessible path to target.

I haven't really developed how my character fights (as I wrote, a work in progress), and I'm not too familiar with different styles. My favorite, a system called CQC, used in Metal Gear. Basically, it involves lots of disarming/dislocating and take-downs. CQC Sorry about the quality and the music, just mute it (hate when people do this to videos).

Another style I've taken to is kick-heavy. I really don't know how else to explain it, so here. Skip to 3:20 (though I recommend the entire video anyway). Not to say my character is limited to kicks (she uses submission techniques as well to make up for her size), but her legs are her deadliest weapon.

I don't know a great deal about martial arts but I do admire Lee's philosophy and I love martial arts films. I figure I'll be using google a lot to check specific moves for roleplaying. It seems like when it comes to MMA and UFC the things that work best are take-downs, submissions, and outright punching power. The keysi fighting method (Batman's fighting style in Nolan's Batman films) teaches practical street fighting, very good for close quarters combat, and fighting multiple opponents. The brutality of the style I think would suit my character well. Here's a clip of it.

I love James the Angry Video Game Nerd by the way, he does the best reviews.

kained

Ryonani Teamster
Ah so it was Idris Elba after all, thought he looked familiar. I apologize for going a bit off topic here, but was Cedric influenced to any extent by Stringer Bell from The Wire or did you just pick the looks from him? Wonderful show that The Wire by the way.

Yes indeed Cedric was influenced by Stringer, one of my favourite characters from The Wire. I like how he wanted to get beyond owning street corners - he always had a larger picture in mind. One of the best teleivision shows ever made.

noice1

Potential Patron
True, what are you thinking for this RP system? Will it be free play or will we roll stats and declare equipment? I'm keen to know how rigid or open you want to make this.

dyne9

Vivacious Visitor
One more for the gipper, but mostly becuase I've actually written a story for this character. Wait, wrong sentence first. This character comes from something I once started with a friend forever ago. She's my most prized IP, but as this is a somewhat...obscure forum, I...for lack of a better term am...donating her (although she will consider this throwing her to the dogs) to be used. Maybe for plot, maybe as a punching bag...amybe as a morality pet, who knows. One of my original works involving slight ryona touches will be available for reference to her characterization in the fiction section soon enough. I'l try and expound more on her later on, right now, I'm going for the insane idea of using my fetish to awaken and then advance my creativity.

Apolline Allura
Eyes: Pink
Appearance: 5'1, 97 lbs, dark-skinned, small bust.
Hair: Silver (drawn into a ponytail)
Oufit: Thin Wireglasses, Black sleeveless dress blouse, Black slacks, Pink tie, barefoot. A small ring on each pinky and index.
Nationality: African-French-American
Abilites: Nigh-invincibility, hybrid capoeria/wushu/taekwondo (all kicks), superhuman leg strength.

Backstory: Eventually, Planet Earth would find itself without any means of survival, and be doomed to destruction by the legendary Aposemati meteor (created from over millions of organic radioactive metals welded together by black holes throughout the universe). She and her family were the few placed on the escape shuttle from Earth. Her father experimented on her while she would sleep, and one morning, she found him lying dead at the foot of her bed. She had idea hat he had placed a piece the meteor debris inside her heart. Thie piece of Aposemati metal bonded with her heart, causing a symbiosis between the two. All that's is known currrently is that she is nigh invincible.

(That was part what I actually did setup, and part asspull at 3 am)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
ali%20bust.JPG

Ali Icestorm (real name unknown)

personality:
lone ranger, looking for fights to block her mind from pain...

Hair:
short, baby blue hair, eye length bangs

Eyes:
blue/silver toward pupil

Body:
Athletic, Slim, Pale
5' 8"

Bust:
size: 36 B

Outfit:
skin tight white jump suit
light blue tribal all over
Dark Blue shoulder pads
knee pads
shin guards
ribbon from her left shoulder used for distraction

Fighting style/ abilities:
Integrated Grappling System
Brazilian Jujitsu
Non perfected Jeet kune do concepts
can manipulate Hydrogen and Oxygen to create water from air... then turns it to ice before your very eyes.(freezes stuff)

Weak Spot:
Stomach
face
hands
feet
heat
very weak chin, some good face shot can knock her down good... but she blocks very well.

Back story:
most of her back story is unknown. this is just what she read in scientist who was practicing genetics notes.

"when Ali was born, her mother died from the birth. when her father heard, he committed suicide.... left alone, she was adopted by me... she was only 6 months when the tests began......................... before you know it, she began to learn to control herself more. the chemicals turned her hair blue, and her eyes blue and silver... she can control temperature and some molecules to create ice from water she created herself... magnificent... my creation... "

she knew she was different... knew she had no friends, no home, no one to love her... she read the notes...at 12 years old she killed the scientist...

she was alone... she had to make money to live... she tried performing... but was looked at as a freak... so she killed people... then she got arrested and put in jail... then she learned to fight. she showed the prisoners her ice abilities... they all wanted a piece of her... so she fought back.. after various fights she was moved to a cell with a jeet kun do/ integrated grappling instructor named Rudy that killed an opponent. she was the best, Rudy beat all the guys... she finally went too far and killed someone. she had to teach Ali to become a fighting machine.

Ali incorperated her ice to her fighting. she can freeze her hands and punch with ice fists. she can cool down her opponents body to make injuries hurt 2x more. and she can freeze small sections of her opponents such as a foot to the ground or even herself to her opponents.

when she escaped prison at the age of 18... she became an underground phenomenon and won lots of money... that's where the name Ali Icestorm started... with the money she got a suit that holds in cold that can help her create ice better or even protect her from various amounts of heat.. though not a super strong material. it can withstand most falls woth out ripping.

present day you can find her meditating... trying to find inner peace... trying to stop the pain from killing the only man to take care of her. wondering what her parents where like... and wondering... will this torture ever end... still evading the police at all costs...

"i don't believe that love exists... if it does... why does nobody love me..."

some of her secrets**
under her suit... she hides her scars.. she has multiple scars from fights and some even from her anger.
her very high pain tolerance helps her for fighting. her mind is soo screwed up... that she doesn't think about pain anymore. but it's there...
what everyone didn't like about her... why everyone stayed away... was that she loved blood...the taste the look. she wanted people to be in more pain that her... when she bleeds she drinks it... to take back in what she lost... she drinks her own blood...loves the taste...

PS sorry for no caps hahhaa typing with 1 hand lol... tiny net book :P

True Succubus

Potential Patron
True, what are you thinking for this RP system? Will it be free play or will we roll stats and declare equipment? I'm keen to know how rigid or open you want to make this.

Its sort of free/noted, that's what the Communication and Note Thread will be for, its open but if you have any doubts about your post, put what's in question in the thread.

Also, tomorrow I start the Role Play.

kained

Ryonani Teamster
Name: Marie Gustavo AKA Whispering Death

biel01.jpg

Alignment: Lawful evil. Marie Gustavo does not kill for enjoyment or pleasure. She simply obeys her superior without question, killing whoever he desires. She is loyal to the end.

Abilities: Marie is incredibly athletic, an expert marksman, and is proficient in several martial arts.

Weapons she specializes with -
Sniper rifle (her favoured method of assassination)
Crossbow (her own arrows contain deadly poisons, causing a person to become dazed, in some instances causing death)
Bow and arrow
Handguns

Martial arts -
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Lucha libre wrestling
Karate
Judo
Gun Kata

When in hand-to-hand combat, Marie tends towards using her speed, agility, and acrobatics to overwhelm her opponent. She started to train as an acrobat at the age of 8, and it shows. Both of her parents were excellent martial artists and taught her varying styles throughout her life. She is also very skilled in the art of parkour.

Appearance: 5'10, voluptuous but toned, athletic. Spanish ethnicity. Long, curly auburn hair.

Background: There was once a cop who got close to Cedric Royal. His name was Alberto Gustavo, he wouldn't take bribes, and he wouldn't listen to threats.

Royal made him pay by killing both him and his wife. After a 2 yearss of torturing the daughter Marie, her mind became so broken that she came to love her tormentor and see him as her new father figure.

Now at age 20, she has become his most prized assassin and number one bodyguard. Willing to kill anyone for Cedric Royal, willing to die for him.

(More of her background will be revealed in her first post)

kained

Ryonani Teamster
Name: James O'Brien AKA Manifold

multiple-man.jpg

Alignment: Chaotic Evil. Loyal only to the highest bidder. Muscle for hire.

Abilities: James is a black belt in Taekwondo and a mean brawler, having participated in many street fights for money. He can use handguns and semi-automatic weapons but prefers hand to hand combat.

Power: At will, James O'Brien can copy himself - he can cause multiple versions of himself to appear. Each copy will wear the same clothing as the original, but they would not carry the same equipment. James has managed to have 50 copies of himself at the same time. Anymore than this, and copies begin to spontaniously disappear. Time is also a factor. Sooner or later, James must recall his copies, or they will begin to disappear. Each copy can think and behave as an individual, but they have an impression of the will of the original as well as each other in their minds. This shared impression acts like a psychic link, allowing them to move effectively towards the same goal and not get into each others way. With practice, James and his copies have mastered how to chain attacks together, allowing for devastating group attacks.

He believes that with even more practice, that he can improve upon the limitations of his power.

Appearance: 6'0, short black hair, well toned, somewhat physically intimidating even without all of his copies. Tends to wear dramatic leather black trench coats.

Background: James has lied and stolen almost his entire life, and from a young age he has moved through various gangs, never sticking around in one place. For the past 10 years he has operated as an independent bandit - a man that will work for anyone or any gang, and do any job. He has been in the employ of Cedric Royal on several occasions without ever knowing it.

A year ago, James volunteered himself as a guinea pig for a mafia organization seeking to create super villains. James is the only survivor of those experiments, and the leaders of that organization have since perished.

When he stepped into a machine called a Tesla-Replicator, a machine that had killed every other tester, he agreed to do so for $100, 000. The large bubble like machine surged with electrical power, and when it ended, James found himself staring at an exact double. What was even more strange was that he could hear the thoughts of the other. The scientists applauded themselves, considering the experiment a great success. But then another James copy appeared, and then another, and another. The mafia rushed into the room in a panic but were overcome by what was now a swarm of James clones, all of them grinning and laughing, like a pack of dogs they tore everything in their path apart. That night there was over one hundred of them, and they burnt the place down in their mad glee. James has not managed to create as many copies since.

For a brief time, he enjoyed playing the role of superhero. It was simply something to do, a way to pass the time with his new found power. He could walk into almost any drug den, whorehouse, or scum infested bar, and take the entire place out. When he was offered a contract for $2 million a year to keep doing what he had done his whole life, which was any criminal act asked of him, he said yes immediately.

The man that pays this contract is one Cedric Royal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.