Parasite in City (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Well, I guess it's good news in that most of the materials are already finished and present. Author just seems to be having trouble finishing the project and putting the damn thing out there.

The game is practically done now since the Dev already submitted the full game to DLsite. The thing is it has to go through the registration process there, which can take anywhere from 1-10 days. I've noticed that games that either have a large number of favorites or are from a relatively popular circle get pushed through the registration process faster. At the earliest we could see the game on DLsite today.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mistula

The game is practically done now since the Dev already submitted the full game to DLsite. The thing is it has to go through the registration process there, which can take anywhere from 1-10 days. I've noticed that games that either have a large number of favorites or are from a relatively popular circle get pushed through the registration process faster. At the earliest we could see the game on DLsite today.

I would also like to mention the developer will have a direct way to buy and get the game for westerners. Please visit his blog site for this information.

We will also have some great news about this title and another very soon. Please buy this game direct as we need your support to create even bigger and better games.

PlattonTerror

Potential Patron
I have a small problem after i pass the starting area (where you awake) in the enxt area i cant see anything i hear the sounds but i can see anything anyone can help me with that?

O

Oxlov

So is the game available through DLsite now, or do we still have to go through paypal donations?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
So is the game available through DLsite now, or do we still have to go through paypal donations?

You can do either, assuming you have no problems purchasing from the Japanese DLsite. You'll get the game instantly if you pay through DLsite but you'll be paying a little more. At $13 minimum the paypal purchase is cheaper but you'll have to wait until the developer can get around to e-mailing the game to you.

W

wildfire

I want to get this game in full, but I had some difficulties in the past with the DLsite before (it tried to install something else on my computer...piratesomethingoranother). Because of this, I want to buy the game directly from the guy by donating to him, but he goes on to say:

Please include order number/time and amount to Verify recite
Send the game to complete DLsite registration after

Especially the bold bit. I don't know how I'm supposed to e-mail him telling him that I donated either :P. Can someone explain in a little more detail? Hi, I'm new here by the way.

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
What I did was, after donating, I saved a screen shot of the donation confirmation and emailed it to the address listed at the top of the PayPal Donate page. Figuring out the email address took me a while too, since it isn't listed anywhere else I can find.

The address, by the way, is dotslaven4@gmail.com.

I re-typed out the relevant information (as well as the approximate time I made the donation) just in case.

He will then email it to the address attached to the PayPal donation, so keep your eyes on that account, rather than the one you sent the screenshot from.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
1800 DL already (author's thank-you post)? I don't know if this is the total (PayPal+DLSite), but it is impressive. Compare this to JSK circle games that get in the thousands months after release. I think we might be looking at a sequel here...

That likely refers to DLsite sales, which have now increased to 2171 as of this post. The number of paypal donations is unknown but it might be lower. However the varying amounts people are giving offsets that a bit (I've been hearing some people have sent $100 or more his way). I've also heard that he has some sort of update planned for the game in January, so hopefully people won't have to wait too long for new content.

W

wildfire

Thanks! I've donated and hopefully I'll be able to download the game soon. Do I have to do anything after I download it to be able to play or what?

asibiasibi

Potential Patron
Hi! I signed up here because i saw this thread and i've been trying to get the demo for this game to work.

I go to use the .exe and it immediately (and instantly) crashes. The crash details are "Appcrash".

I'm using Win7 64bit, nothing particularly changed, I have the Japanese lanugage packs, etc... I've never had this problem with any of the games similar to this that i've found.

Any advice/ideas welcome :) It looks like a nice game

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
All I know is it works on my EnUK Win7 64-bit without any tweaks or extras installed.

Time to update drivers and OS, maybe try a shorter different file path etc. generic advice.

playdota45

Potential Patron
Hey guys, I have a problem with this game. After the "warning" and the "pixel factory" intro, I only get into a black screen. I can hear sounds tho.

And can someone upload "d3dx9_45.dll" for me? I need it. You can find it inside "C:\Windows\System32" directory. Thanks.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Hey guys, to anyone who has problems buying from either Jap DLSite or Paypal, game's just been released on English DLSite at $15.38.
Parasite In City
It's two more dollars than the paypal option however it's a more intuitive and faster way to get the game.

This is probably one of the best RoR games and I'd rank it way over LAB Still Alive or Kurovadis (Sorry Kyrieru), even if the game's a bit short enemies are fun and a challenge, and animation quality is top-notch for a h-game. I hope Pixelfactory gets to make many more great games in the future.

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
One thing I liked about it was the "more human" movement and controls of the protagonist, such as knee-high jumps and slower, heavier movement, making this feel like a 2D old-school Resident Evil game. Much like everyone else, I was wowed by the graphics. I did feel that the content was a bit lacking in the end, though, and would have preferred a game with a bit less detail and attention to graphics and a bit more content, such as enemies, animations, and the like. That being said, I look forward to the next project he's working on, though I'd love to see this more NA-looking 2D style.

Did that make any sense? :/

W

Wape

I rather like the game, I just wish there was more to it than a linear series of action levels. If there was some sort of mild Resident Evil-esque game design (non-linear exploration and puzzles) to go with the Resident Evil controls, it would be neat.

I'm stuck on what I assume is one of the last areas. It's a construction site that is infested with aliens that spawn the 'facehuggers'. You apparently have to get up to an upper level but I can't seem to figure out how, jumping certainly doesn't do it. Advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.