Odd behavior using Firefox browser (1 Viewer)

DarqueNess

Potential Patron
I used to open this game using Firefox (the regular Adobe flash player suffered slowdown for some reason). However, after a hard drive crash I had to get everything again, so I downloaded the game and Firefox.
When I open the swf file in Firefox, however, the browser goes into a continuous loop of opening new blank tabs, but the game never opens.
When I use the "open with" option to permanently select IE instead, it opens just fine.
Is this something in my Firefox settings or missing an add-on or something? Is it something that can be fixed, or should I just continue using IE to open it?

More Info:
Windows 7, Firefox 14.0.1 with the following add-ons enabled: AdBlock Plus 2.1.2 - Internet download Manager integration tool - Web of Trust - Yahoo toolbar (all 4 of these were also in the pre-crash browser. I also have the following plugins: Adobe Acrobat 10.1.3.23 - 2 MS Office 2010 plugins - Shockwave Flash - VLC Web Plugin

I am unsure which add-ons are required, if any, as I have no clue what was there before the crash.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
you need the Firefox flash plugin

And then you may need to go into the settings and change what firefox does with .swf files.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
I prefer to use the sdt exe with the standalone flash app.

But if you want it in browser try WaterFox.

(A 64 bit variant of FireFox).

patsy

Potential Patron
I had this problem- Firefox refuses to open flash files in-browser unless they're embedded. You may have to delete your firefox profile entirely (I nuked my windows profile, because I was having other problems, but that was overzealous >_>). First try uninstalling flash, restarting the computer, then reinstalling it.

I second the general use of waterfox though.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
You could also try Ifranview. Works great with all kinds of picture format files. Be sure to grab the plug ins for it as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.