Nude Mods for the Female characters in BlackDesertOnline (9 Viewers)

phyler50

Potential Patron
I am so close to where I want to be with my mods, but I am getting this tiny white artifact on every single adult female and I can't for my life figure out how to get rid of it. Help please!

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    283 KB · Views: 160
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    714 KB · Views: 169

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
View attachment 140421View attachment 140422
The normals are off both when loaded into Blender and when previewed with "Autodesk FBX Review" (an old FBX previewing program).

Can you verify that it does NOT look like this before you export? And could you test whether it looks like this when you import the exported FBX? If the export to FBX is why this happens, try exporting to a different format, or look into the export settings, there might be something you could change to fix this.

Edit: Try to match these settings in FBX export (these are probably not the best settings, but they're at least known to not break normals after exporting, unsure if that's because of the settings or something else) View attachment 140424
7UBjv6E.jpg
qrdM1kA.jpg
6PX6X4L.jpg

MAYA also has the ability to handle many normals.
This is what a custom normal is in Blender.
In MAYA, it is called normal averaging.
However, I doubt that these processes are applied when importing pac files, so I don't use them.

I am an Autodesk user.
I am not interested in a blender.

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
I am so close to where I want to be with my mods, but I am getting this tiny white artifact on every single adult female and I can't for my life figure out how to get rid of it. Help please!
This new thread of mine does not have many pages yet.
I have already answered many of your questions.
Please look for it. I have my hands full making mods.
It should be much easier for you to find it than for me.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
7UBjv6E.jpg
qrdM1kA.jpg
6PX6X4L.jpg

MAYA also has the ability to handle many normals.
This is what a custom normal is in Blender.
In MAYA, it is called normal averaging.
However, I doubt that these processes are applied when importing pac files, so I don't use them.

I am an Autodesk user.
I am not interested in a blender.
Well Blender is only used as a conversion tool to DAE in your case (because I can only make a plugin for Blender, making an add-on for 3ds Max would require a lot more work, and a license), but the point is that when your meshes are exported the normals appear to be wrong/simplified/regenerated.
In your screenshots I see that you loaded your project file again, could you instead load the FBX file you sent and verify that it looks correct?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Well Blender is only used as a conversion tool to DAE in your case (because I can only make a plugin for Blender, making an add-on for 3ds Max would require a lot more work, and a license), but the point is that when your meshes are exported the normals appear to be wrong/simplified/regenerated.
In your screenshots I see that you loaded your project file again, could you instead load the FBX file you sent and verify that it looks correct?
GlB8m95.jpg
The custom normal in the blender seems to work by averaging the normals in MAYA and locking the normals.
However, this is without skinning using bones, so it is not yet known after skinning.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
GlB8m95.jpg
The custom normal in the blender seems to work by averaging the normals in MAYA and locking the normals.
However, this is without skinning using bones, so it is not yet known after skinning.
You can view normal shading with the "viewport shading" mode and the "render pass" set to "Normal" to verify that there are no issues, but yes that does look better.
1667904816926.png

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
GlB8m95.jpg
LmHuY7v.jpg

When skin weight is added, the mesh does not seem to show up in a blender.
XAemLYr.jpg

However, when imported into pac, it displays correctly in-game.

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Is Nova the only one left?
If I change my toes, maybe Corsair and Drakania too?
Who would appreciate all this work...
:meow-googlywhat:
I am a little tired of rebuilding nude bodies over and over again, even as a hobby.
:thurston-waffles:

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
I believe if you alter the units by a scale of 0.314 it should be normal size, doesn't really matter though as long as it exports correctly. Mind uploading the DAE so I could verify it's correct this time?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
I believe if you alter the units by a scale of 0.314 it should be normal size, doesn't really matter though as long as it exports correctly. Mind uploading the DAE so I could verify it's correct this time?
I'm uploading the data for now.
Please verify.

Please refrain from downloading the data without any prior notice. lol

Azazela

Avid Affiliate
This new thread of mine does not have many pages yet.
I have already answered many of your questions.
Please look for it. I have my hands full making mods.
It should be much easier for you to find it than for me.
Suzu tell me how to turn on pubic hair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.