My clothing wont save (Part 2) (1 Viewer)

nothin

Potential Patron
Ok i have already made a post about this and said "it worked" because i did not want to bother people, but i figured out the probelm, usually when saving the game will ask for the hair, the swf mod etc paths, but when i combine the png with a swf it only asks for the png path which causes the swf mod to not save, but when i save the swf soley but itsef, nothing will happen the game will not ask for a path and when i save it and reload the character there is literally no swf there, I have placed the png and swf in the same file which i named characters(Within sby_loader_pack_9_545d), i would really appreciate some help

stuntcock

Content Creator
when i save the swf soley but itsef, nothing will happen the game will not ask for a path and when i save it and reload the character there is literally no swf there
The Loader does not include the swfmod parameter when it generates charcodes (as discussed in a previous Help thread). If you save a character using the Save Character button, then manually-loaded SWF files will not be included.

You have a few options to avoid this problem:
  • run the vanilla game (SDT.swf), load your character, manually load the desired SWF mods, and re-save the character. The SWF mods will be incorporated into the character definition, in the form of swfmod parameters in the girl's charcode. If the game cannot find the filepaths then it will prompt you to supply them. Those mods will appear whenever you load the character, even if you're playing with the SDT Loader.
  • switch to Character Folders instead of using conventional saves.
  • register your SWF files using moreClothing so that you won't need to load them manually. If you apply a moreClothing-based mod to your character then that information will be saved (even if you use the Save Character button) and so you won't need to worry about mods vanishing from your girls.

nothin

Potential Patron
The Loader does not include the swfmod parameter when it generates charcodes (as discussed in a previous Help thread). If you save a character using the Save Character button, then manually-loaded SWF files will not be included.

You have a few options to avoid this problem:
  • run the vanilla game (SDT.swf), load your character, manually load the desired SWF mods, and re-save the character. The SWF mods will be incorporated into the character definition, in the form of swfmod parameters in the girl's charcode. If the game cannot find the filepaths then it will prompt you to supply them. Those mods will appear whenever you load the character, even if you're playing with the SDT Loader.
  • switch to Character Folders instead of using conventional saves.
  • register your SWF files using moreClothing so that you won't need to load them manually. If you apply a moreClothing-based mod to your character then that information will be saved (even if you use the Save Character button) and so you won't need to worry about mods vanishing from your girls.
Thanks for helping me twice, but do you know where in the Sby files i could find the moreclothing mod folder? (sorry if this is a stupid question) i tried finding it earlier

stuntcock

Content Creator
But there also kind of a problem i moved all of my files swf .mod alike and it still wouldnt recognize it
Flash applications cannot discover files on your local disk. SDT is not allowed to search your subfolders for SWF files. The game must be specifically told about each external file that it's supposed to access, otherwise it will not be able to use that file.

I know that this is counter-intuitive, because many games (such as Skyrim or Minecraft) allow you to drop a new mod file into the appropriate folder and then launch the game. But it's a security rule in the Flash system, and it exists for good reasons (such as identity theft).

That's why I wrote that you could "register your SWF files using moreClothing." I didn't tell you to merely copy-paste your SWF files into the moreclothingmods subfolder. But you haven't done anything wrong; copy-pasting your files is the first step. Now you'll just need to complete a few more steps :)

You can learn more about the procedure by reading this post.

nothin

Potential Patron
Flash applications cannot discover files on your local disk. SDT is not allowed to search your subfolders for SWF files. The game must be specifically told about each external file that it's supposed to access, otherwise it will not be able to use that file.

I know that this is counter-intuitive, because many games (such as Skyrim or Minecraft) allow you to drop a new mod file into the appropriate folder and then launch the game. But it's a security rule in the Flash system, and it exists for good reasons (such as identity theft).

That's why I wrote that you could "register your SWF files using moreClothing." I didn't tell you to merely copy-paste your SWF files into the moreclothingmods subfolder. But you haven't done anything wrong; copy-pasting your files is the first step. Now you'll just need to complete a few more steps :)

You can learn more about the procedure by reading this post.
Thanks alot for helping me, sorry to bother you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.