Multi character Dialogue? (1 Viewer)

happenchance

Potential Patron
I have been looking around the threads here as a guest for some time and thought of trying my hand at some dialogue.

My question is this: is there a way to make the dialogue engine choose a character randomly (i.e. Sister, friend, sister's friend, etc.) and it stay with that character through the entire run? Then when you re-run the game it can randomly choose a character again?

would love some help with how to code that.

My reason for asking is that it would get really tedious having to move those dashes around to the right places.

I guess what I am looking for is how to create a multi-Scenario coding and making it stick to the scenario it chooses?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Yes.

Exact formatting is unknown to me, but here's the logic behind it:
1: You can assign values to variables when a line of dialogue is displayed.
2: It's possible to add a condition to a line of dialogue to prevent it from playing if a certain condition isn't met.
3: It's possible to play one of a list of lines.

Thus:
intro: (if chartype = "") [intro1]
intro1: chartype = "Sister"
intro1: chartype = "Mother"
intro1: chartype = "Niece"

You'll have to look up the exact syntax yourself.

happenchance

Potential Patron
a BIG shout out to Kasamaz and his work on "Daughter's Friend"! if it were not for his works I would not have found out how to do make a multi scenario piece. Unfortunately, there will be way to much coding for what I want to do with it (slowing the game mostly) that I have decided to chop it up into a series. It'll be coming soon and hopefully entice you to do the same. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.