Modding clothing of vanilla game (1 Viewer)

Kafar

Potential Patron
Hiya

I found this "game" at one site....it had custiom char list...blablabla, I'll get to the point

I downloaded whole game + loader from this forum. Basically - I want to mess with it and mod it out

What I mean by this: I want to create custom chars (hair + overall body look only) and save the char list

And now here's the deal that I'm stuck with:

-Is it possible to add new clothes/piercings/stuff into the game itself ?

And by this I dont mean the swf mods for clothes. The simple deal is that those whole mods are troublesome. If I want to use custom clothes I need to juggle with mods and load them from modding tab (there is also the Loader side tab but TBH its kinda...buggy). So is it somehow possible to add the clothes to the core of the game so those would be selectable from the scene menu ? You know, the "her" customization where you choose shirt, boots, piercing etc etc

TL:DR version - Is it possible to include new clothing and stuff into core game without the need to load swf mods

Sorry for my english, is not perfect but I hope you get my point

BTW: If it isnt possible, what is the easiest way to manage extra clothing ? You know, lets say I have tons of additional shirts, shoes etc etc and I want to be able to switch them freely (as freely as you can choose'n'change vanilla clothes from main tab).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i created the moreclothing mod exactly for this reason.

technically, it is a mod that loads a whole bunch of mods and embeds them into the in game menus, but it is essentially what you are looking for.
however, the more clothing you add to it, the longer the loading time of the mod is. ~4 seconds with the clothing it comes with.

adding clothing to be loaded by moreclothing is pretty simple, throw the mod into the designated folder, add an entry in the settings file.

you can find it in my thread, all relevant information can be found through my signature and the documentation that comes with the mod

Kafar

Potential Patron
Damn sby, thanks for reply :) This basically sounds exactly like the thing I needed. I'll dl' it and give it a try. I assume that its a:

-"moreclothingV1_1: fixed hair related remapping, and probably other stuff that i forgot about"

from your "my loader mod imports thread" in signature ?

Thanks again :)

Kafar

Potential Patron
Well sdy I've tried it and...it doesnt work :(

Did exactly as you said in notes

Copied moreclothingV1_1.swf, moreclothingV1settings.txt and the moreclothing folder into Init folder in Mods. Then added the mod to mods.txt

Launched Loader...nothing.

Digged a lil, I've noticed that I copied moreclothingV1.swf from your notes.txt into mods.txt but the file has been changed and its a moreclothingV1_1.swf now

Anyway, changed this, launched...nothing

Looked at files again. moreclothingV1settings. Well, I've changed this one into moreclothingV1_1settings

Launched...guess what, nothing

The Loader says "Moad loading failed" on startup. When I try to load the swf manually through modding tab, it says that the mod is already loaded

No idea what is wrong

EDIT: I've tried manual loading through loader side menu. Added whole moreclothingV1_1 folder into "Mods". Added folder name into mods.txt. The mod appears in the list correctly. However, after clicking it it says "mod loading failed". Basically same thing as with init loading

EDIT2: Okay, got it. Its simple - the mod doesnt work with the loader I got on my PC (downloaded from this thread - http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=7.0). It does however work with the "Modguy" loader

Now I need o figure how to delete the templates and examples in character selection :P - done

One more question - under whole clothing section, there is a weird section that doesnt seem to do anything. It is composed of [left arrow][window with "name" text][right arrow]. What is this thing ?

Kafar

Potential Patron
Y I did it, using latest version now

Anyway, second question appears

First one: Under whole clothing section, there is a weird section that doesnt seem to do anything. It is composed of [left arrow][window with "name" text][right arrow]. What is this thing ?

Second one: Characterfolders.txt is the old mods.txt. If I put a folder name in bracket [] it creates a ingame folder that is in the character selection. Is it possible to save characters created ingame (using hair.png file and ofc custom code setting) into folders ? So lets say it would look like this

[basic SDT characters][lets say "redheads" folder containing ingame created redheads][lets say another folder "blueheads' containing created chars with blue hairs]

There is a "default folders" thing in the character edit screen but dunno if it can be used to do this

Got it. I just did it like this. Created Character folder (added [Character] into txt file). Inside created "Redheads" folder (added [Redheads] into txt file that is inside Character folder]. Finally added folder "Redhead A" containing code.txt and hair.png and just addded "Redhead A:Redhead A" into another txt file. Now I just need to figure how to make a correct thumb.png for character as fast as possible :) (porbably making screenshot, cutting square in paint and resizing it to match original thumb template will be the easiest)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
First one: Under whole clothing section, there is a weird section that doesnt seem to do anything. It is composed of [left arrow][window with "name" text][right arrow]. What is this thing ?
hmm, it usually says 'none' in there with the default setup.

this is where body modtypes are places. vanilla sdt doesn't have a menu for this kind of modtype, so i made a menu.
~the save support for these body modtypes isn't supported yet using the charcode generator. but the body modtypes are still causing flashing arms (a vanilla bug) that i don't think anyone has found a fix for, so i wasn't too worried about it.

if you are using just moreclothing's additional clothing, using the in-game 'store custom character' under the modding tab should allow you to save the character easily, instead of making a loader character folder.
also, the redhead hair you are using can be added to moreclothing as well, so unless you are using other game mechanics mods specifically for this character, you should be able to in-game save her as long as the clothing/hair she is using are added to moreclothing

Kafar

Potential Patron
Thanks for explanation. And yea, it says "none", my mistake :)

Already started to mess around with char implementing. Need to turn off vanilla chars (scrolling to the end for custom folders to check if everything is ok is not pretty fun :P ) but Im sure I saw how to do this on this forum, gotta search. My plan is to make a lot of famous anime chars :P. Sorted by anime name and char name (various hairs). Maybe I will upload the "collection" in the future (although manually changing paths for hairs would be a pain for anyone that would want to use that sort of collection)

Again thanks for all the help. We all know what sort of game is this SDT but well..dunno why but I have weakness for games that are easily modable. I had pretty much fun with messing around in Minecraft (textures mostly). Frets on Fire/Alarian (fret boards, fret notes and ofc custom songs...made few good of em :P), Aion (back in the days when I was playing I made custom UI), Stranded 2 (totally changed the game :) )...those were the days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.