Making my own game...in 3D or 2.5D? (1 Viewer)

Do you want the game to be 2.5D or 3D?

• Total voters

noice1

Potential Patron
I didn't think those were bad at all. Realize most of us can only draw stick figures (and poor ones, at that). How long did those take you?

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
I didn't think those were bad at all. Realize most of us can only draw stick figures (and poor ones, at that). How long did those take you?

I think all in all 40-60 minutes each :D

Hmm, it certainly is a distinctive design, (though not a bunny girl as I mentioned earlier, ha ha.)
I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to do a sketch of the character myself, it won't be nearly as rough (or bad) as those doodles I posted last time I assure you.

Sure go ahead, she is the Ryonani girl after all :P...speaking of her...any ideas for a name?

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Are you decided on a game engine at all?

Well, i am not doing the programming, so it all depends on what my programming buddy choose...im quite the computer retard, so its best not to let me handle any of the technical stuff XD

Grungust

Potential Patron
Well, i am not doing the programming, so it all depends on what my programming buddy choose...im quite the computer retard, so its best not to let me handle any of the technical stuff XD

Fair enough, I know it's not an easy choice to make; especially if you aren't sure on the technical side. However, it is a good idea to decide on something quickly as your choice of engine is going to go some way to defining what you can actually do in terms of game design.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Good aaaand BAAAAAAAAAAAD news....good new is im tired of waiting and have decided to start on the programming part...the bad new is that its ME whos gonna do it -_-...so....eh....however it ends out, have mercy on me :C?

noice1

Potential Patron
Considering I couldn't program my way out of a box (or even create a box to begin with), I'm still looking forward to it :)

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
ehmmmm and now?

You want an update i take it? I honestly have nothing to post, im stuck in the big space of emptyness, school and girlfriend taking most of my time, and i havent even begun any programming, though i have done some rough enemy concepts...will post more once i actually get something significant done...

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Update time: I know i said i wanted a demo out before winter...well life doesnt always go as planned...BUT...sat down for three hours with my programmer friend, and ran over the game...we have found a way to make the gameplay (and hence programming) simpler, hopefully speeding up designing progress... in short: Zelda like world when moving from level to level (or city to city)...combat will be more "puzzle" focused (as in each enemy have a certain partern to them, some can only "see" you when you're running, others if youre bleeding etc), and it will have "choose your own adventure" elements, making story a bit easier. Also...we're TRYING to figure out how to properly implement multiple "modifications" to your character (like getting vampified, zombiefied and such) and stats...such as "masochism"...figure out what that does for yourselfs :P...hope this project will kick off soon...and as always, i would be more than happy to hear you guys ideas.

That is all for now :3

noice1

Potential Patron
Some very cool ideas. As far as the "Zelda-like world" does that include perspective? Meaning do you plan to make this an overhead or side-scroller? I really like the choose-your-own interactive style story, those are always fun, as well as the status effects. Would you be doing much in the way of animating the character when it has a status effect, or changing the behavior, or just letting it affect the "numbers" (stats/health)?

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Some very cool ideas. As far as the "Zelda-like world" does that include perspective? Meaning do you plan to make this an overhead or side-scroller? I really like the choose-your-own interactive style story, those are always fun, as well as the status effects. Would you be doing much in the way of animating the character when it has a status effect, or changing the behavior, or just letting it affect the "numbers" (stats/health)?
The zelda style thingie is just regarding the "map"..between cities/levels/dungeons you view yourself overhead (with possible random encounters :D)...and the starts WILL have an effect, for example: Extremely high masochism might result in deaths, due to the heroine getting turned on by the thought of dying/getting tortured and she masturbates instead of resisting/fighting :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.