It might just be me (1 Viewer)

Cha

Potential Patron
I'm having trouble getting the loader to work, when looking around here all the file pictures display the "Flash player" symbol but for me it shows a small white box with a smaller blue box inside of it and little black lines running through it, when I open these files such as the Loader.swf file it just posts a bunch of weird text, any ideas on how I might fix this?

Cha

Potential Patron
actually, I just did a bit more looking around the internet on how to open swf files and found out that I can drag them onto my web browser, now to you this might be old news but for me this is brand new... so this issue was just me being a moron, still have to figure out how to get the mods working, but there are a bunch of tutorials for that around here that I can find something that'll work. Anyway thanks for the quick replay.

lemurian-seed

Content Creator
C Cha . Don't do that. Grab the stand-alone Flash executable, it's called the Projector. Rather than dig through adobe's archive,
you can find the version that works best with SDT inside @sby's loader pack which you can find here:

sby_loader_pack_6_545.zip

While that is downloading you should check these links out for a bit, then come back here. You can dive into them after I explain a couple things.
Getting Started with SDT
Common SDT & Loader questions answered

Once you unzip that, it is inside the folder Loader5.45, it's called flashplayer_11_sa.exe
Make sure to keep the sby folder intact and leave it somewhere logical, don't take the exe out unless you already know what you're doing.

right click Loader.swf or SDT.swf and choose Open With...>Choose Program (or similar) and browse to the location of the new projector executable and make sure to check to set this to always use program by default.

Even if you don't want to use the loader (you don't have to), the projector is the most robust and effective way to run SDT. If you really don't want the loader (which is silly, if you can run it there is no reason not to. it doesn't bite!) you can just keep the flashplayer exe somewhere permanent and out of your documents.

Once you have that set up properly and you're running your version, SDT or loader,
use the Modding tab in-game, there you will find the button "Swf mod..." click that and it will open a dialogue for you to browse to any .swf you wish to load, select one and hit open.

barring any compatibility issues, you will have just loaded your first mod!

custom hair .png's and backgrounds are loaded with the other two buttons below the "swf" one.

Some swf's are made using a template that only works with loader. These will be labeled in their thread (usually obvious from the Loader sub-forum branch) or their download page if it's from the resource manager.

If you have downloaded any mods with the .mod extension, then those 100% REQUIRE the loader to function; they will not load into Vanilla SDT. The mod extension was registered into the loader to help assist modders/users in visually differentiating loader imports from vanilla imports. Unfortunately not every loader modder takes equal advantage of that, and thus there are some swf's that aren't going to be read by Vanilla SDT if a user attempts to use the import.

Therefore, it's up to you to be a bit vigilant and check what you're trying to use! :)

Good luck~

Last edited:

Cha

Potential Patron
I've got the game working, now I'm just trying to figure out how to use animtools, I can't figure out how to change positions and the info in the animtools guides aren't helping either, rather what it's telling me to do isn't working.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've got the game working, now I'm just trying to figure out how to use animtools, I can't figure out how to change positions and the info in the animtools guides aren't helping either, rather what it's telling me to do isn't working.
Those .txt files are somewhat out of date. @sby stopped updating them because he found that very few people would actually read them.

If you've installed animtools correctly (or just deleted your whole SDT folder and started over with the --- Sby Loader Pack(s): --- available in sby's thread) then you should see a set of buttons on the Loader tab.

sdt-loaderscreenshot-jpg.52121

Clicking one of those will allow you to change positions. You can also use the F2 key to load position files manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.