Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Sister's Generation Ecchi Edition (1 Viewer)

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
I wouldn't say dead, just in suspended animation. I haven't been playing recently, as I've been busy doing animation stuff, and playing Tree of Savior and Trails in the Sky SC

Vert's Husband

Potential Patron
Glad to hear it's not dead. Been popping up every now and then to see if there were any more Re;Birth1 and Re;Birth2 mods. I'll keep waiting patiently for them. I'm very excited for the time those two games are worked on again.

red_cloud0

Vivacious Visitor
On a somewhat unrelated note, do you know if there might be any possibility of modding Tree of Savior? The sprites in that game are absolutely beautiful

Aaa1

Vivacious Visitor
Can anyone help me with getting this to work? I have read the readme, I'm using Kitserver v1.2 and kitserver.exe, the other files and KitFolder are together with the NeptuniaReBirth2.exe. I put the mod rar data folder into KitFolder so its KitFolder\data and I'm running via steam added kitserver shortcut and it's stuck at loading and just can't get it to work.
I turned on kit logging 2 and it keeps looping "TID [HOOK]: global\face\mini\020.tid", if I delete that one then it changes to a diff file and it's still stuck. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Aaa1

Vivacious Visitor
Yes, the RAR was extracted into KitFolder so the folder structure looks like "...\common\Neptunia Rebirth2\KitFolder\data" where data is the folder from the RAR attached in this post. Is this correct?

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
It should go like
"Hyperdimension Neptunia Re Birth2\KitFolder\data\GAME00000"
Are you running the kitserver as admin? Also, are you sure you have the Rebirth2 kitserver and not the Rebirth1 kitserver?

Aaa1

Vivacious Visitor
Yup, the GAME00000, GAME00001 and etc are inside that data folder. This is an admin account so yes. And I got the kitserver from the steamcommunity link you posted at page 2 of this thread and the exe description does say "Kitserver for Neptunia Re;Birth2".

As for RB1, I also couldn't get kitserver to work with some mods some time ago while the file patching method worked fine. Not sure why but I'll try the file patching method for RB2 too.

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
If you're on Vista, 7, or 8, just being on an admin account doesn't mean you're running everything as admin. It might be a good idea to go into the program properties and tick the Always Run as Admin just in case, especially if it's a legit copy in your Program Files folder

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Aaa1 said, "Actually, I got it working now, it's great!! Thanks!"

It might be useful if you told us HOW you got it working. :smile:

ByakuyaKuchiki91

Potential Patron
I could use some help with this mod...when I try to run the tidtool program...it just comes up with this error...no matter where I have the files...
upload_2015-11-29_20-34-36.png

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
the four lines at the bottom there are the commands. I believe the export command will convert all TIDs in the selected folder(c:\SYSTEM00000 in the example) and subfolders into PNGs, and the import command converts all PNGs into TIDs

Aaa1

Vivacious Visitor
Aaa1 said, "Actually, I got it working now, it's great!! Thanks!"

It might be useful if you told us HOW you got it working. :smile:
The problem was actually due to something really stupid that not many people would have to worry about. As you may remember, Rebirth1 at launch was trashy with many bugs like audio problems and crashes on Vista and newer operating systems so for better compatibility I used an XP64 partition to run that game where it worked flawlessly even before the updates came out. Since RB1 had those problems, I ran RB2 the same way just in case. So basically the problem was not with the setup but with kitserver not supporting the good oldie XP. I simply restarted the pc and switched to the usual Win7 partition to test it and the mod worked perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.