How to use the hairHSL for hair costume. (1 Viewer)

RokPhenix

Content Creator
Hello

This tutorial shows artists/modders how to use hairHSL to change the colour of hair costumes (layer) of a SWF hair costume mod, or an SWF hair mod.

It can be useful if you want to use a static toggeable part of hair.

I want to thank @ModGuy because even if he dissappears, he leaves more informations into the forum.
I want to thank SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror for his tutorials. This topic is really similar to this tutorial, you should read this before.

example

how to use the hairHSL to modify the colours of a piece of costume located in the HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER layer.

In your modPackage :

import SDTMods.*;
import flash.system.ApplicationDomain;
import flash.filters.*;

public class ModPackage extends MovieClip
{

public var SDT;

public var g;

//declare your movieclip as usual
public var hairCUnderOver:MovieClip;

function frame1() : *
{
this.registerMod(this.hairCUnderOver);
this.charData = "";
this.modName = "";
this.modCreator = "";

this.SDT = ApplicationDomain.currentDomain;

try
{
this.g = this.SDT.getDefinition("g"); //Vanilla
this.copyHairHSL(this.g);
}

catch(ex:*)
{
//We're in loader, wait.
}
}

public function initl(param1:*) : void
{
this.copyHairHSL(param1.g); //Loader
}

public function copyHairHSL(param1:*) : void
{

this.hairCUnderOver.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, tick);
}

public function tick(param1:*) : *
{
var _loc4_:* = this.g.characterControl.hairHSL;
var _loc5_:* = new ColorMatrixFilter(this.g.getCMFMatrix(_loc4_.h,_loc4_.s,_loc4_.l,_loc4_.c));
this.g.hairCostumeUnderOver.filters = [_loc5_];
}
}

• hsl affects filters.
  • To change the layers, modify the name in green (you can use "hairCostumeOver","hairCostumeUnderOver","hairCostumeUnder", "hairCostumeBack").
  • If you want to use the others HSL replace hairHSL by skinHSL or hisSkinHSL.
  • Keep in mind that headwear registerComponentst is encapsuled in the hairCostume content like this :"this.headwearControl.registerComponents([g.hairCostumeOver.headwear, g.hairCostumeBack.headwear], ModTypes.HEADWEAR);" So if you use "hairCostumeOver", the front headwear is affected too and "hairCostumeBack" is bond with the back headwear. I recommend to avoid these two layers.
    RIfRcgz.png
    [
    3BwdsSJ.png

In these pictures, the hairCostumeOver layers is synchronized with the hairHSL, So the headwear front is bond with the hairHSL.

I invite modders to debate and maybe find a way to use the hairCostumeOver without affects the headwear cause the majority of hair mods with haircostume layers have hairCostumeOver and currently this method is not very useful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.