[HELP] How would I make a texture transparent [DOALR] (1 Viewer)

fiend busa

Potential Patron
Hey everyone,

Im kind of new to modding textures and I for the life of my can't figure out how to make a texture transparent so that the face beneath the mask would show. I read about putting the texture on a new alpha channel in Photoshop. I tried that but when I run the game the mask just becomes pitch black with no details.

Thanks!

XE73qiJ.png

NotMe

Content Creator
Hey everyone,

Im kind of new to modding textures and I for the life of my can't figure out how to make a texture transparent so that the face beneath the mask would show. I read about putting the texture on a new alpha channel in Photoshop. I tried that but when I run the game the mask just becomes pitch black with no details.

Thanks!
Most things DOA5 can't be made transparent. The ones that can are made transparent by modifying the alpha as you said, where black = invisible, white = visible.
If you open a texture and its alpha has something other than black or white then it's probably being used for something other than transparency.

fiend busa

Potential Patron
Most things DOA5 can't be made transparent. The ones that can are made transparent by modifying the alpha as you said, where black = invisible, white = visible.
If you open a texture and its alpha has something other than black or white then it's probably being used for something other than transparency.

ah, so only the texture that has an alpha channel initially can be made transparent?

fiend busa

Potential Patron
Nope, some like Kasumi's costume 16 and 17 don't have an alpha channel but can be made transparent

ah ok, so im testing out creating a new alpha channel and on default its black. I read you have to change the color to white to make it transparent but it doesn't give me the option :s

NotMe

Content Creator
ah ok, so im testing out creating a new alpha channel and on default its black. I read you have to change the color to white to make it transparent but it doesn't give me the option :s
In this game it's the other way around, black is transparent. Remember to save as DXT3 or 5

fiend busa

Potential Patron
Kasumi seemed to work but for Hayabusa mummy costume I can't seem to adjust the color to black in photoshop on the alpha layer

qyr3Jgg.png

Dynamicuno

Potential Patron
Nope, some like Kasumi's costume 16 and 17 don't have an alpha channel but can be made transparent

Hi there,
So if there is an alpha channel, should we be able to transparent it? eg, Hitomi school outfit with the opaque stockings seems to have alpha, but I can't seem to do anything with them. Should we be able to transparent the stockings more?

Cheers

NotMe

Content Creator
Hi there,
So if there is an alpha channel, should we be able to transparent it? eg, Hitomi school outfit with the opaque stockings seems to have alpha, but I can't seem to do anything with them. Should we be able to transparent the stockings more?

Cheers
Also no. Some of the textures have what I believe is the specular map in the alpha, so altering it would only modify the way it reflects light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.