Hell-o from Fyre (1 Viewer)

fyreman666

Potential Patron
Hello all! I'm not exactly "new" but moreso, it's a new account to avoid the hassle of collecting and going through recovering an old account that was possibly/probably deleted. I recently refound SDT and figured I'd get back into it and modding it.

stuntcock

Content Creator
it's a new account to avoid the hassle of collecting and going through recovering an old account that was possibly/probably deleted.
Do you remember the old account name, or the names of any old mods that you published?

I cannot manually reactivate (or transfer ownership of) an old account. But if you can establish your identify then I can transfer content from the old account to your new one. So you'd be able to respond to old threads, edit/update your old posts, and so on.

Of course this content-reassignment stuff isn't actually necessary. If you'd prefer to just re-publish your old material under your new account then that's okay. Or if you'd like to just forget about the old stuff and focus on new mods instead -- then that's also OK.

I recently refound SDT and figured I'd get back into it and modding it.
Do you have any particular area of focus? There have been a few modding innovations over the years, some of which may have occurred during your absence.

PNG hair mods are pretty much the same as they've always been. If you're looking for ideas then there are many folks in the Request board who'd love to have someone work on their suggestions.

The vanilla dialogue system still works. If you're willing to delve deeper then you'll find the dialogueActions mod and some related enhancements (such as MoreTriggers) which allow for complex and interactive storytelling. The main caveat is that you'll need to learn the scripting syntax, which is sometimes tricky.

The vanilla categories for clothing mods remain usable. sby's template extension has aded a few categories; you can take advantage of these new categories by using the extended FLA template. The moreclothing mod is also relevant here, because it allows you to publish a single complete mod (such as a head-to-toe costume) but players will still be able to mix-and-match the pieces of your costume alongside other mods (or simply remove pieces of your costume to create topless/sleeveless/etc variants). Example: Dante provided many separate SWF files for his Serra Angel costume, but modders don't necessarily need to do so anymore.

Also: I would encourage you to take a look at the Downloads (aka Resource) system. It's a way of presenting content which differs from the classic SDTMods.com approach (i.e. one big thread for each modder's work, with each post including many file attachments and spoiler tags). Publishing your work in the form of Downloads will probably feel somewhat generic and impersonal ... but there are a few advantages. The system is much easier for users to navigate (for example: someone can browse all of the <blonde hair> hairstyles regardless of who drew them), and it can automatically notify users if there's a new version of a mod which they've previously downloaded. Of course this system is totally optional; if you find it unpleasant or inconvenient then please feel free to ignore it entirely.

fyreman666

Potential Patron
Nope, I don't even remember that. And yeah, I've been browsing the downloads and learning the advanced mods and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.