Fukawa from Dangan Ronpa (1 Viewer)

addpulp

Potential Patron
This would be sweet

These braids made longer may work.

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=699.0;attach=4296;image

Would need glasses, and with/without tongue would be fun.

5%28157%29.png

5%28145%29.png

tumblr_msbr03xmIr1qhe7aio1_r1_500.gif

large.gif

images

Basically, there are two versions: Fukawa, who is more shy, frightened, and to herself, and Syo, who has a more stern expression, sometimes a crazy grin, and a tongue. Same character, split personality.

stuntcock

Content Creator
addpulp said:
This would be sweet
Please read the rules. You're required to post Reference Images when creating a Request thread.

Would need glasses, and with/without tongue would be fun.
The glasses can probably be borrowed from another character. For example: link.

The tongue would be difficult, if we're talking about the extended tongue from her alternate personality. We could setup a simple semi-rigid (i.e. "floppy") tongue in the appropriate position and hide the real one, but then we'd need to add some Loader scripting (e.g. "never allow her to fully close her mouth, because doing so would bite through her tongue"). The character would probably appear somewhat silly while speaking.

It would be neat to have a 20cm prehensile tongue which is fully integrated into the game (e.g. lick the penis when it's still far away from her mouth) but it's not worth the trouble -- I'd estimate at least a dozen hours of modding work.

f93

Casual Client
Mineur said:
I watched the show before and took refs but never ended up making any imports for it, but I can help you out with some refs atleast http://imgur.com/a/PeHVf ;)

Thanks! If you have any other Danga Ronpa refs stashed away it'd be really handy if you posted them, because there's a similar lack of them in the thread for Junko. But if not I'll settle for at least having Fukawa.

stuntcock

Content Creator
addpulp said:
Bumping a thread is against the rules - even if you're just trying to find out whether anyone is working on it.

A motivated artist could fulfill this Request at the moment. If you want to increase the probability of success, then there's a few things that you can do which would make it more attractive to less-experienced artists.
  • clarify the basic requirements
    • are you looking for a pair of PNG files with the accessories "baked in"? Or a set of separate SWF files for each component (eyeglasses, Syo hair, Fukawa hair, Syo tongue, Syo crazy-eyes, etc)?
    • should the hairstyle be animated, or would you prefer a static version?
  • resolve uncertainty regarding accessories.
    • are you still looking for customized eyeglasses for this character?
      • If so, you'll need to deal with the fact that they're rimless -- they'd be nearly invisible in a proper side view, and they might look like a weird oval blur in oblique view.
    • do you still want the extended tongue?
      • If not, then it might be a good idea to strike it from your Request (because it's a significant modding challenge which might frighten people away).
      • If so, then you might want to respond to my post regarding feasibility and gameplay interactions (e.g. speaking, mouth closing).
  • provide a traceable reference image
    • many of the reference images are "action shots" -- they do not show the hair in an idle or resting shape
    • we don't have a complete side-view image of the hair
    • we have several good side-views of the scalp and the upper portions of the braided twintails, but none of these actually show the full length of the hair
    • a skilled artist could easily trace the basic shape, clone-stamp the braids to an appropriate length, and then draw in the terminal details of the braids.
    • a novice modder would be more comfortable working with a single full-size image (which could be traced as-is).
    • if no such reference image exists, then you could attempt to merge two of the existing references into a single image. You could even crudely copy-paste the result into an SDT screenshot in order to illustrate the expected length (w/r/t the size of the character's head, the position of her shoulders, and the kneeling posture).
      • If that sounds too silly and indirect, then you can always just trace the whole thing yourself and upload a vector file.
    • many of the side-view images conceal the second twintail. Is this appropriate?
      • Would you prefer for the two tails to be offset so that both of them remain visible?
      • Or adhere closely to the original character design (e.g. second twintail is mostly hidden)?
      • Or just ignore the second twintail completely (to make the Request easier)?
  • establish a color palette
    • the lighting in your images is inconsistent.
    • the first two images show black hair; the third uses muted reds; the fourth is brighter (with much more green in its highlights); the fifth is blue. Mineur's reference images tend towards purple-grey.
    • a skilled artist could analyze the white balance of the various images and find an appropriate compromise.
    • a novice modder would be much more hesitant to make such adjustments -- they might be worried about ruining the design with bad color choices. You can resolve this problem by simply declaring one of the images to be the "correct" coloration. Alternatively, just take your "traceable" reference image into Photoshop and manually adjust the CMYK channels until it looks right.
    • if the hair color changes are related to the personality-switching then you need to say so (and split up your reference images) because it isn't clear at the moment.

To reiterate: these are not requirements, and you're free to ignore them. But answering these questions could make your project more approachable/attractive to novice modders.

addpulp

Potential Patron
I'm not picky about what type of mod is made. The game sprites are almost only shown straight on, so anything beyond that would be fan art. I have no PS skill.

addpulp

Potential Patron
I found a few reference images that are better profile. Only this is official art.

tumblr_mmkoca08ap1rw38cgo1_1280.jpg

This is fan art.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlxkcyHvxs1qz4rgp.jpg

98-061-fukawa.png

014-fukawa-card.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
Can I provide any other content?
Review your reference images. Several of the links are broken.

Ensure that you've provided at least one full-scale side-view reference image. Mineur's shots provide great views of the head and torso, but they don't capture the full length of the twintails. A good artist can compensate for this -- using different reference images for different parts of the hairstyle -- but a single seamless image is much easier for novices.

Answer the questions asked above. "I don't care what type of mod is made" is unwelcome feedback. Please take a look at the the Requesting Rules if you haven't done so already. Modders want to fulfill your expectations and feel that they've succeeded in a project. If your expectations are vague then it makes your project unattractive.

If you really want to contribute and give your Request the best chance of success - then choose the best reference image and trace it.

Last edited:

addpulp

Potential Patron
Most of this is fan art. The largest and only official image with a profile is this.

1375558706840.jpg

Some fan art:

touko_fukawa_genocider_shou_by_pandek0k0-d72acze.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.