Favorite for the win or for the lose? (1 Viewer)

Favorite should win or lose?

• Win

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • lose

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters

zer

Potential Patron
It was hard to think of a title that said what I meant.

In a fight between 2 women, where one of them is your favorite. Do you root for the favorite or do you root against her? Do you rather see her win because she's your favorite, or do you rather see her get beaten up because she's your favorite?

Face-Kick

Potential Patron
The vast majority of the time, I'm all about my favourite ladies winning. As someone who's ordered a fair few customs over the years, I'd say around 90% of 'em have seen my favourite ladies winning.

That said, there have been occassions when I've bucked that trend. At SKW, my favourite wrestler was (and remains) Angelina. And in the 24 customs I commisioned with her, she lost in seven of them. Ironically, although she's my all-time favourite wrestler (and that's overall, not simply at SKW) she's also the one I've had lose the most. Why so? Well, firstly, she's so VERY good at it. Also, on occassion, it worked better for the 'story' I was telling.

I think, if we're talking on a more long term basis, story and background can make a lot of difference in how we view the 'success' of our favourite women. A good few years ago, one my favourite fighters across Footmode's many photo sites was Heidi. In the vast majority of her fights, she always came out on top, and naturally that was perfectly fine with me. In an unusual move for Footmode (who really only ever focused on stand-alone fights/galleries), Heidi's matches began developing a storyline of sorts.

On the back of a rare defeat, Heidi went 'rogue' and began attacking random members of the Footmode roster, defeating them with ease. Again, fine by me. She was my favourite fighter on their roster and so I wanted to see her win. However, Heidi then came up against a new addition to the Footmode roster, Georgia and, to everyone's suprise, got her ass kicked. And not just once, in a 'rematch', she lost again over at one of Foormode's other sites.

For me though, what was more surprising than Heidi's defeat was that I loved it. Against all my usual preferences, I loved seeing her come out 2nd best in those two fights? Why? I'm still not entirely sure. I guess it's all about the context. Because above my preference for seeing my favourite fighters always win, something that I find even more thrilling is that of the supremely confident fighter being comprehensively beaten (which is also part of the reason why I'm in the minority that prefers to see the tough, monster heel beaten by the smaller babyface).

So, yes. In general, my preference is to see my favourite fighters win. But in the right context, there can be a thrill in defeat too.

TricoNitroz

Potential Patron
Eh, although this is not what you might ask for, but I prefer a third-person muscular guy beat the hell out of both of them.

Morgion

Potential Patron
I like my girls win virtually everything, then get humiliated just once, violated and killed by something ideally disgusting. Dirty fat sombie guy, tentacle monster, slimey whatever, etc. but naturally my fave ryona girls are ryona'd for me more than once, bui pretend its THEIR first and last. Alot of the time though i dont just say "i feel like ryona" but rather a game with ryona elements, i kick ass with it using that girl, try my best, etc. and i i make a mistake or something, then i generally role-play the girl suddenly losing her battle prowess due to her pain or injury. I mean most games let you take 4 clips from an assault rifle before dying, but thats silly so generally one hit or something is what determines when its ryona time. (im good at games so i can normally get pretty far without taking much damage).

Continue?

Ryonani Teamster
Writer
Author
The only time I'm saddened when my girl loses is if it's some celeb I really like in a fiction where they're defeated, like Salma Hayek, for example. I don't like to see her lose

Xplain

Potential Patron
That depends. If her opponent or opponents are faceless males or some other unlikeable character I would want her to win, because ryona where undeserving losers win is pretty crappy in my opinion. It is only true Ryona if the fight is "In character" and she is beaten by somebody really good. It wont do if you can't explain why that character is just suddenly stronger than her either, nor are deus ex machina very good either. I mean if you have a godlike character lose for some incredibly stupid reason then that just makes you want to see the author suffer a worse fate than the character. Not because of the Ryona, but because he/she is a lazy f*** that didn't know first thing about making the stuff good. If you can't make it believable then you shouldn't touch it.

Also, I don't like the whole "ugly guy"/huge guy/weak looking kid/monster schtick. The opponent should look like a hero I guess? Maybe like Ryuu from street fighter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
In a fight between 2 women, where one of them is your favorite.
Ryona doesn't play a role competive fights, like martial arts tournaments or wrestling matches. The one I want to see to win is my favorite, even if I like the other one more as a person. But neither should suffer a defeat so harsh that she can't recover. Ryona is for evil babes!

My favorite Ryona related scenario puts a pleasant-natured bad girl against an utterly ruthless good girl.

(This constellation may almost never be intended by movie makers, but often there are enough blanks to fill in fantasy.)

For example, one of my favorite scenes happened in a German TV crime series. A ruthless promoter kidnaps a boxer's brother, trying to force her to lose. Nothing is told about her opponent, whether she knows what's going on or not.

dlr5.jpg
So in fantasy, she knows and takes advantage. She looks in much worse shape than the good girl (probably just because of her reddish complexion, but who cares), and this is her chance to score a victory that she isn't deserving.
Away from the ring, she is probably a nice, hard working young mother. She is my favorite here.

dlr4.jpg
The good girl has a lot more killer instinct and she fought until the last round, waiting for the signal that her brother is save.
Then she puts all her hatred into the knockout punch, going to "slaughter Miss Piggy."
And I don't blame her, so, at the end I root against my favorite.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
see I am really weird because I am in the middle, I love seeing my favorite gal when and look badass but I do like seeing them lose too. Like you know the girls I ryona in my videos and Xnalra stuff, aside from digging them like nuts, they are the characters I actually play as too. Asuka is my best character in tekken and I love watching her kick ass but I love turning the tables every now and then on this usually very capable fighter.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
lose! but i like them to win for a while, so it is not just a girl getting helplessly beat up.

Kiri-Ryona

Potential Patron
Almost always for the lose. The reason being is that my favorites are typically the heroines I want to see suffer a ryona situation; Lara Croft, Wonder Woman, etc. sometimes my own heroines.

M

maskedanonymity

They always win in my scenarios, but then again If I like a woman at all in a scenario like this, I want to see her win. Because of that I want the scenario to be girl bests guy (favorite), or girl defeats girl where I'm not interested in the one who lost. A woman's capability, confidence and control are what get me going.

...maybe I should head on to the gyaku section ;)

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Losing. Always.

If there's a girl I'm enamored with in a fight, I want her left looking like this.
1zwvn.jpg
34ye5hv.jpg

Something supremely beautiful about a gorgeous and talented woman warrior being utterly defeated and driven to tears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.