ESO Texture Mod Tools & Skins (1 Viewer)

Exgenesis

Content Creator
ESO Texture Mod Tools & Topless & Nudes

Greetings.

This mod will change the default look of your underwear or it will change the appearance of the Vulkel Guard Marine costume to look similar to the image below. The downloads are at the bottom of this post. There are no passwords on the archives.

Topless.png

This project is a work in progress and will in time evolve as our tools evolve and different or better techniques are discovered.

So, You want a Nude Mod or a Topless Mod or other skimpy or lingerie type mod. Lets get started.

The Beta Release contains two mods - But you have to be able to meet the minimum requirements of they will not work for you.

1. You have to be able to use Umod and extract three textures from your model.
2. You have to know enough about Umod to reinject textures.
3. You will need to obtain and install umod, activestate python, and download the Beta mod.

The Post immediately below this one explains how to extract the three underwear files from your client. The same principles will allow you to extract the three files from your VGM costume as well. I will regardless write a separate how to on esoswap and the VHG costume.

The Beta mod contains 3 "replacer skins" and a python script (esoswap) for automatically renaming the three files you extract from your ESO client.

In addition to these replacer skins it contains a simple python script to save you time in renaming textures files to match those of your extracted textures. Before jumping in, you should know a few things about how esoswap works:

EsoSwap written in python to automate the renaming process.

1. Download my beta release package. When you unzip it it will have folders for underwear replacers and the Vulkhel Guard Marine costume (I have written about how to acquire that costume elsewhere, but will post another how to in this thread).

2. Extract the Normal Map, the Specularity (reflectance) map, and the Texture map from your eso client. Browse into the beta mod folder, choose the mod type you are looking to do a texture replacement for and put your extracted maps in these three directories as shown below:

/esoswap/NR/ <-- The normal file for the VGM costume or underwear extracted from eso
/esoswap/TX/ <-- The texture file for the VMG costume or underwear extracted from eso
/esoswap/SP/ <-- The specularity map for the VMG costume or underwear extracted from eso

4. The /Mod/ directory mirrors the root esoswap folder structure and has replacement skins already loaded, just waiting to be renamed, so they can be injected back into ESO.

/esoswap/Mod/NR/ {following the similar steps as above}
/esoswap/Mod/TX/
/esoswap/Mod/SP/

5. Doubleclicks esoswap.py and the files in the mod subdirectories are named properly with each of their respective names from the /esoswap/NR, TX, an SP, folders.

Then use Umod and inject the files from your /Mod/TX, /Mod/NM/ and /Mod/SP directories while in your underwear (if you are using that mod) or while wearing the VGM costume.
The user can then run umod and inject those files.

BETA Release (no passwords)

buff.jpg beta1.jpg

https://mega.co.nz/#!vswjEDAQ!WsZM6DaNaaJ97RxdzXRGYqMUX9GPuhDX2bTBq244ItA

What you need:

uMod - texmod - Universal Modding Engine - uMod games on the fly! - Google Project Hosting

Active State Python (download v2 or v3)
ActivePython Downloads - Download Python Packages for Windows, Linux and Mac | ActiveState

Beta Files and Textures (26~ meg download)
https://mega.co.nz/#!vswjEDAQ!WsZM6DaNaaJ97RxdzXRGYqMUX9GPuhDX2bTBq244ItA

For additional help with umod:

Umod "How To"
http://www.gamevixenzone.net/game-modding-14/using-umod-eso-1591/

Bookmark this thread because we're just getting started.
All feedback welcome.

Thanks!

Exgenesis

Last edited by a moderator:

Exgenesis

Content Creator
Part I: Find and Export your Underwear
===============================================

1. Get your Model into its underwear state.

Load your game and strip down your model down to its underwear completely. Exit the game.

Restart the game via umod and extract the textures as discussed below and put them in the correct esoswap directories

2. Find your Specularity Map, extract it, and put it in the /esoswap/SP directory

Using the umod keys mapped for next and previous image, sift through the images until you find your model looking like polished gold. This is the reflection map (see image)

The Specularity (SP) Map looks like this:

R-map.jpg

Export that file via the key you mapped in umod for saving a texture.

3. Export your model's Normal map (NM) and put it in the /esoswap/NM/ directory

Using the umod keys mapped for next and previous image, sift through the images until you find your model looking like it is covered with shadows. This is the bump map (see image).

The Normal Map (NM) looks like this:
B-map.jpg

Export that image using the umod key you mapped to save a file.

4. Export your Texture Map (TX) and put it in the /esoswap/TX/ directory

Using the umod keys mapped for next and previous image, sift through the images until you find your model looking like yellow paint. This is the texture map (see image).

The texture map (TX) looks like this:

T-map.jpg

Export this image using the save key you maped.

Now, these files are the extracted hashes for your underwear. So to see how the mod works, you would take these three extracted files and put them in the appropriate /esomod/TX/, /esomod/NM, and /esomod/SP folders of the Betav1 download.

5. Run esoswap.py

Then run esoswap.py and inject the files from your /esomod/Mod/TX, /esomod/NM/ and /esomod/SP directories.

-Exgenesis

Exgenesis

Content Creator
How To #2: Using the VGM costume & Texture Extraction

0-VGM-Costume.jpg

The Vulkhel Guard Marine costume (VGM) for short is one of the earliest costumes you can acquire that is perfect for nude/topless/lingerie model retexturing. You can acquire it by level 3 if you skip the introduction quest and pick Aldemeri Dominion.

The following tutorial is going to walk you through extracting textures from the VGM. When using esoswap:

• you have to put the Texture map in the /esoswap/TX folder
  • you have to put the Normal map in the /esoswap/NM folder
  • you have to put the Specularity map in the /esoswap/SP folder

1. Get the costume

Run the Aldemeri Dominion quest that is the first major questline after you get off the boat. To give the costume to another character you must finish up the full questline, talk to the queen, and put it in the palace bank. This costume can then be used by any character or any faction - just pull it out of your bank and put it on.

Roll up your sleeves and bust out umod. See my Umod tutorial with eso link if you have trouble

2. With the costume on, use umod and extract the Texture Map (TX). You will notice it because your character will look like yellow paint:

1-TX-Map.jpg

Extract this file using the umod hotkey and save it. Unzip my BetaModv1 package and copy the file to:

/BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/esoswap/TX/ directory.

3. With the costume on, use umod and extract the Normal Map (TX). You will notice it because your character will look like its covered in shadows:

2-NM-Map.jpg

Extract this file using the umod hotkey and save it. Copy the file to:

/BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/esoswap/NM/ directory.

4. With the costume on, use umod and extract the Specularity Map (SP). You will notice it because your character will look like its polished gold.

3-SP-Map.jpg

Extract this file using the umod hotkey and save it. Copy the file to:

/BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/esoswap/SP/ directory.

5. Now, you've extracted all three of the key files you need and put them in the proper folders. Assuming you installed python, the BetaModv1 package comes with a python script. There is a copy of the script in each of the mod styles. So go to /BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/ directory, shown below:

000-start-directoriespng.jpg

"S" is the mod style path.
"R" is the esoswap directory to be used with this mod style
doubleclick esoswap.py

You will inside the esoswap directory (do not change the directory name) you will find the following directories:

00-Base-Directories.jpg

"A" is the directory for your client's Texture map. As described in step 2, put your extracted TX map in this folder. If there is already a file in this folder, remove it so that the folder contains only your extracted texture file from step 2.

"B" is where you Specularity map goes. Copy it there. Make sure its the only file in the folder.

"C" is where your Normal map folder for your client side texture. Place your extracted normal map in that folder following the rules above.

"D" is where the fun is, the "Mod" directory...

The Mod directory contains the textures that will replace the files you copied to folders A, B, and C. You can the TX, SP, and, NM directories into the /Mod/backup folder if you want to make some changes to your texture maps.

Now, back to the /BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/. Assuming you have installed python, doubleclick this file. It will rename everything in the /Mod/ subfolders to be injection content for umod.

6. Lets get Modding. Inject your Texture (TX) first. Fire up umod, load up the game, log in and make sure you are wearing the Vulkhel Guard Marine costume:

/BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/esoswap/Mod/TX/ folder. Inject that file using umod. You should see the following:

4-TX-Injected-VGM.jpg

At this point your model is going to look a little wonky. Keep it up.

7. Inject the Specularity Map from:

/BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/esoswap/Mod/SP/

5-TX-SP-Injected-VGM.jpg

Ok, getting closer.

8. Finish up by injecting your Normal Map (NM)

/BetaModv1/esoswap-VGM/esoswap/Mod/NM/

You will not look somewhat like this:

All-Injected-VGM.jpg

buff.jpg
Basically, now you are topless and this is mapped to your vulkhel guard marine costume. You can change any gear you want, and as long as you wear the costume you will retain the look.

9. Your Texture is horrible?!

Welcome to the Beta :-P Any budding artists can edit those textures in the mod directory. When you come up with your masterpiece, if its a Textue map, put it in the /Mod/TX/ folder and rerun esoswap to name it properly.

I hope you all found this tutorial somewhat helpful.

This project is seeking talented photoshop artists. PM if you are interested.

Exgenesis

Content Creator
Glad to see all this progress, haven't checked back in a while. Will be looking forward to the final release!

Thanks. Progress has slowed some with all my business travel, but we are still looking for someone to help create textures for the mod.

S

ShadowDragon

I would offer to assist and test.

However, I need to ask: Since this requires the player to actually change the files in the client, would it be considered a breach of the ToS and EULA?

If so, I'm hesitant to help a project that would put players' accounts at risk for being banned for a simple nude mod.

sneakhu

Potential Patron

However, I need to ask: Since this requires the player to actually change the files in the client, would it be considered a breach of the ToS and EULA?

If so, I'm hesitant to help a project that would put players' accounts at risk for being banned for a simple nude mod.

I can't speak for the others, but I really don't care it... the game is a boring fuck on it's own, so if they ban me... so be it :P

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator

Generally speaking, modified texture files on the client side will not get you banned, unless someone on the server side sees it and reports it. Usually (unless the game has some sort of screen capture on the server side), nobody on the server side will see your modified texture files.

Exgenesis

Content Creator
@shadowdragon

I agree with fleet on this. Having researched this a fair amount, based on what I could glean from the forums - their primary reason against client side modding is that someone could make the ore deposits and other gathering materials larger and thereby gain an advantage. But It very difficult to detect that activity - even though they don't condone it.

Generally, the truth of it, is when I first started getting into the game, I found that by and large my character looked just awful at low level. For all the beauty of the engine I have to watch my character running around in a burlap sack. I'm not fantastic with photoshop, so I knew I would very likely not be able to fully reach any of my goals of genuine custom skins. But I started the research so better modders and artists could come along behind me.

Ultimately though, even after I found a few neat tricks and could make some nice looking armors (not nude mind you, but certainly way better than the default) I let the project idle because frankly, I canceled my subscription. I won't bother hating on the game - to each their own - but the gameplay couldn't hold my attention no matter what kind of cool looking armors I could conjure up.

Lacking any wide support - primarily because of the python script isn't a great solution - and the lack of any quality texture work on my part, I just sort of set this aside for a while because I am slammed with travel as related to my day job.

I strongly doubt that anyone will be banned from making client side mods due to their stealth - but unless someone else picks up the reins where I left off - I doubt any grassroots enthusiasm over ESO modding will be generated by my work.

If texture artists start coming up with textures they want to test - I will reactivate my subscription and help drive it along. But I gamewise, I can't think of a game I tried harder to like (I dreamed grand dreams of a multiplayer version of skyrim with some forgiveness in the conversion process) - but as a player I just never felt fulfilled.

If I return to the game it will be to help people mod it and provide a kind of project management role as well as some visual studio development on a better system than I've currently developed.

Best Regards,

Exgenesis

cowboys12

Potential Patron
Just recently came back to ESO with the latest Bug fixes and updates , that helped the game and its tremedously much better. Any updates on this Mod Project or is it Dead in the water and do you have your Underwear files still. ( The one with the Red corset you modded im just basically looking for Sexier Underwear)

Exgenesis

Content Creator
Cowboys,

The project is dead until umod gets fixed and is able to export individual textures. I will however give you all the files related to this mod and work with you on an individual level to get them to work with your client.

-exgenesis

patches13

Avid Affiliate
B2P is just around the corner, has anyone still got this to work? I'd be very interested in this as if you can manipulate the images like this is suggesting then you can "sexify" some of the armor like cutting off the butt flap or making the pants invis. Please tell me this still works!?

patches13

Avid Affiliate
Now that the game is B2P anyone have plans on making any armor mod's or nude mods for this game? Anyone who plays this game can quickly see the art team has a serious hard-on for trying to make the female toon's as sexually unappealing as possible. This game has so many good thing's going for it (and it's buy to play!) but the style female armor designs are a real killer. Anyone willing to tackle this and give this game one of the last things it needs to make it one of the best MMO's ever?

simkill

Potential Patron
I downloaded the mod and took a loot at the skin texture files and I am very tempted to work on the texture of the body put in some nipples and take off the underwear and add some lady bits but my question is this.
Can people just swap out there texture file for my\ file or will they have to open Photoshop ( or some .dds editor) in order to preserve there unique hash.
In other words is the hash tied to the file itself (the skin texture) or can I make a nude texture that anyone can use and all they have to do is replace the .dds (swap out the texture file).

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I downloaded the mod and took a loot at the skin texture files and I am very tempted to work on the texture of the body put in some nipples and take off the underwear and add some lady bits but my question is this.
Can people just swap out there texture file for my\ file or will they have to open Photoshop ( or some .dds editor) in order to preserve there unique hash.
In other words is the hash tied to the file itself (the skin texture) or can I make a nude texture that anyone can use and all they have to do is replace the .dds (swap out the texture file).

Please keep in mind that if you make a mod of another modder's work , it is a violation of GVZ site rules to upload or link to it without the original modder's permission.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.