plulp6969

Potential Patron
No worries man, we all got lives to live. If you do somehow have a copy of the previous formats then I might be able to do some of the work for you. I just need to be able to see how you wired this together originally and then I could probably work it out.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Unfortunately, all I have that's not an attachment to this thread is the version before I even started on the mouthfull/auto stuff. Meaning it's from before LG5 and 6 were written...

plulp6969

Potential Patron
That's perfectly fine, I would appreciate if you could link that one. I just need to see the formatting and then I could probably work LG5 and LG6 into it. Plus it would certainly tide me over until one of us finishes our work on it.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Absolutely, here it is: MEGA

Regarding discarded lines during mouthfull, you can delete every line starting with mf1 that contains a trigger with "*da.held == true*" in it, like
Code:
mf1_intro:"[intro_h*da.held == true*]"{"style":"Thought"}
I believe this will ensure that while her mouth is full, the game will either queue up a line properly or play a mouthfull line immediately. There's a bunch of those lines in the beginning of the dialogue file.

This doesn't fix the auto issue though, so my brain is still working on that during free hours.

DFSIR

Vivacious Visitor
edgelord 3000 edgelord 3000

spoilers below (maybe_

My advice for chapter four: make a custom gloves clothing which is blank in the left hand and a fist holding a knife as the right hand (consider giving her boxing tape style wraps around the hands so they're both fists in case of alt skin colors) and set all the right hand positions to On His Legs. I hope you find this advice helpful

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Hi
I enjoyed it. Good lines

On the technical side
One suggestion I might have is to add a bedroom or living room background via DA
And also maybe alter the text color of all the boxes a bit as it is kinda hard to read the parts that go over his bottoms and shoes. (This may just be due to my old display and the fact that I can only play on low quality but it may help others that have this problem too)

Other than that, great dialogue, Imma put this in a char folder and keep it around for a while

Last edited:

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Thank you for the kind words. I try to not change backgrounds or aspects of her or anything else that isn't relevant to the "plot" when I write dialogues, since I want people to be able to select those aspects as they best see fit themselves. Some might prefer a bedroom setting, some might prefer a hotel trip setting, some might even prefer to be doing this activity at the edge of an active volcano, and I don't want to get in the way of any of those people.

As for the text box color, it might be that the default colors for dialogdisplayedit are too transparent, making them hard to read against certain backgrounds. Try opening the settings file and set the "bgalpha" value to something greater than 1, or feel free to simply use the same one I use.

edit: removed attachment, added a download link in OP as SkyHeart suggested.

Last edited:

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Hi
Yes, it is much better with this, although I had changed the values for myself when I noticed the problem, I said it because other players might not know what to change or feel that changing stuff could break the game.

I suspect that because this is your file, it already has the "Optional stuff to do" instruction already done too
So maybe move it in the original post and change the "original stuff to do" to something like: "For a better experience replace your "dialoguedisplayeditV5_1settings.txt" with the settings file below"

As for the background, adding one in the "start" line of your dialogue doesn't meen others can't choose their own. It just adds a bit of convenience for players who don't have such backgrounds downloaded. Anyway, I understand where you're coming from and it's not a big issue at all.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
New update for Lost girls!

Featuring:
  • New story, requested by Dio Brando!
  • Settings menu!
  • Auto is now optional! Probably works best with it on, though.
  • Not enough testing! I reworked a lot of background stuff, please let me know if I fucked up somewhere.

Last edited:

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I've learned the joys of _INSTANT and updated this dialog (Hair color chooser) accordingly.

Last edited:

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I found it just as challenging as you did with the rgb values.

Then I saw this, thought it was a terrific idea and never got around to testing it. Now I have. I recommend anybody who uses SyntaxTerrors hairs (which should be everybody who plays the game really) to download this.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Now I know what girls feel like when they wear the same dress as someone else to a party.
Your execution of the idea is much more comprehensive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.