Drawing pantyhose (1 Viewer)

bigjerry

Casual Client
I've a question to moders - how is pantyhose drawed? All clothes on her bottoms have overlapping parts (connections between chest and back and so on) but pantyhose does not. How to do this? And another question - how to make this material? it's little transparent even when alpha is 100%

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've a question to moders - how is pantyhose drawed? All clothes on her bottoms have overlapping parts (connections between chest and back and so on) but pantyhose does not. How to do this?
Pantyhose uses a set of special-purpose layers in order to achieve the desired visual effect. These layers are partially available to Legwear mods (if you're working with @sby's template extension), but you won't have access to the complete set unless you add custom scripting to your mod.

For details, refer to SDT.swf::obj.CharacterControl.setLegwear_l (lines 1741-1788)

I wouldn't bother with the custom scripting. I wouldn't even tinker with the Legwear definition. I'd define the whole thing as "BOTTOMS" and rely on the vanilla layers.

overlapping parts (connections between chest and back and so on)
@Konashion's stuff tends to avoid overlap. Overlapping parts look terrible with Alpha<1.0, because the seamlines become very obvious.

Instead of overlapping stuff, he simply used pixel-perfect cropping (and/or masking) to ensure that the shapes (e.g. back, chest) fit together perfectly. No overlapping seams, no gaps ... no problem!

You should be able to achieve the same effect if you use the Template properly, but it would be prudent to check with Faceless Faceless first. All of my costume-modding experience has involved opaque materials; Faceless Faceless has done more experimental/ambitious stuff and can probably offer better advice.

If your mod exhibits minor overlap artifacts then I may be able to assist with fine-tuning Mask shapes.

And another question - how to make this material? it's little transparent even when alpha is 100%
You can setup RGBFill shapes with arbitrary fill properties.

The traditional approach is to give it a solid black fill -- which provides the most consistent and reliable slider response, and therefore gives users a lot of flexibility in how they can customize it. But you can also assign your RGBFill a color (so that it will show tint even with RGB=0,0,0) or a custom alpha value (so that it will be partially transparent even with A=1.0).

@Konashion used partial transparency on his pantyhose, but it's important to note that he also drew a Glare highlight element on top of the clothing elements. The Glare is just a bright oval near the anterior edge of the right thigh; it doesn't respond to any RGB sliders.

Faceless

Content Creator
I haven't done any semi-transparent stuff precisely, but I used masking tricks to create what basically amounts to a ternary joint for my Bayonetta costume. In principle, it should also work for semi-transparent joints. Let me know if you want to try that, B bigjerry , and I'll walk you through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.