Dragons Dogma (1 Viewer)

S

ssdanku

So this game Dragons Dogma has been on my radar for quite some time, not really for ryona reasons more so because its a open world action RPG game.
It looks pretty good so far ( you can check out the demo on psn or xbl as well as a ton of dev videos on youtube) some people are calling it
skyrim meets monster hunter , or capcoms attempt at more of a western rpg style of game. It wasnt untill i looked at screen shots of some
female characters that i noticed how attractive capcom made them. It looks like the armors and clothing for female characters ( or atleast some of them)
are kinda revealing , saw in a trailer a female warrior that was kinda dressed like Red Sonja , with the chain mail bikini and thong with a big ol sword.
As far as ryona goes in the actual game itself i am not sure what types of ryona elements are in the game. I know you can get picked up , knocked off your feet ,
and thrown by monsters. In the demo there is a part where you fight a chimera and if u get it to attack you , and stay in one spot it will charge over knock you
down, then pin u down as it begins to chomp on you. Any ways i just wanted to bring attention to this game and was wondering if any one else was
waiting for this game to come out. I know a lot of people are on the capcom strike but after waiting forever and playing the demo i am definitely picking it up.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I hope you didn't care about Street Fighter X Tekken having the DLC already on the disc cause so will this game.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I've been keeping my eye on Dragon's Dogma for a while as well and I have to say after playing the demo I can't wait to sink my teeth into the game. The action is solid the character customization is great, and it does a lot of things right. It feels so good to be able to defeat a giant beast without merely hacking away at it's shins.
From some scenes I've seen there seems to be some potential for ryona as well; the larger beasts have heavily damaging attacks, such as the cyclops(?) grabbing your character and chewing on them, or zombies latching on to you at night.

But of course, because it's from Capcom we can't talk about it without also addressing the elephant in the room:
I hope you didn't care about Street Fighter X Tekken having the DLC already on the disc cause so will this game.

Far be it from me to defend Capcom's DLC business crap, but I have to say; from what I've seen of Dragon's Dogma, there appears to be a full $60 worth of content in what you'll be buying with or without DownLoadable Content, or Disk-Locked Content.
Plus the announced DLC pack actually sounds reasonable enough. It's what about a hundred quests for eight bucks? Sounds like a decent trade off to me.
My biggest beef with Capcom is when they release bare-bones games and expect people to pay extra for basic things.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Buying this on launch. I'm thinking this will be much better than Skyrim, which wasn't a bad game but it wasn't what I was looking for.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I've been keeping my eye on Dragon's Dogma for a while as well and I have to say after playing the demo I can't wait to sink my teeth into the game. The action is solid the character customization is great, and it does a lot of things right. It feels so good to be able to defeat a giant beast without merely hacking away at it's shins.
From some scenes I've seen there seems to be some potential for ryona as well; the larger beasts have heavily damaging attacks, such as the cyclops(?) grabbing your character and chewing on them, or zombies latching on to you at night.

But of course, because it's from Capcom we can't talk about it without also addressing the elephant in the room:

Far be it from me to defend Capcom's DLC business crap, but I have to say; from what I've seen of Dragon's Dogma, there appears to be a full $60 worth of content in what you'll be buying with or without DownLoadable Content, or Disk-Locked Content.
Plus the announced DLC pack actually sounds reasonable enough. It's what about a hundred quests for eight bucks? Sounds like a decent trade off to me.
My biggest beef with Capcom is when they release bare-bones games and expect people to pay extra for basic things.

Fair enough, if they're actually doing well with this one then fair play to them. After SFXT I have kind of written them off, myself (and this game won't change that, it isn't my kind of game.)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I've been looking forward to this too, but I have two friends who test games for a living. One of them said he didn't find it very enjoyable at all after a short time. Another friend of mine who generally is the easiest guy to please in the world said he did not enjoy it either... which has me a little worried. Maybe they just played a very early version though since they be game testers and a lot wasn't done yet.

I'm hoping there's some good Ryona there, would love to make a bikini armoured chick and see her get squished by something :)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I'm hoping there's some good Ryona there, would love to make a bikini armoured chick and see her get squished by something :)

I think the voice work is pretty well done, but I haven't seen any holds so far. I haven't been digging around much for videos though as I don't want to spoil some details. Unfortunately, the demo doesn't have much to go on in terms of the ryona quality.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Buying this on launch. I'm thinking this will be much better than Skyrim, which wasn't a bad game but it wasn't what I was looking for.

I can second this. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series, irreversibly so after Oblivion. But something about Skyrim...it was wonderful the first time through, but I sat down and powered through all of the major questlines and a huge number of random quests, and there's nothing left to bring me back into the game. The mechanics are all well done, but it just becomes a slog after a while.

Dragon's Dogma still has a lot of the tactical combat and customization, but it's all done so much faster. The AI seems a bit smarter (or perhaps rather the system is geared for allowing the AI to adapt better), and overall the game seems like more fun to actually play, rather than just discover locations and items. Which, in the end, is kind of what Skyrim boiled down to for me. I just hope all of the mechanics of the game work out well enough. The public demo for the game was incredibly bare-bones, as it shared nothing along the lines of how you level up, search for and hire new pawns, switch out weapons and armor, or modify your magic if you're a mage (or how to even use magic really, since you couldn't play as a mage either). I'm nervous, but I have high hopes for the game.

As far as ryona content, it seems promising. Looking at preview videos, there's wraiths which attack at night and seem to be able to viciously 'possess' your characters (more ryona-esque than it sounds actually), zombies which swarm your characters and try to pin them down, monsters that gnaw away at your characters, and maybe even a few who will try to swallow them. And of course, some good squeezing and bashing by the large humanoids for good measure. What all ends up being involved as far as ryona content will probably depend mainly on what monsters get included in the game, but it seems like there should be quite a variety. For once, an open-world adventure game has (a lot of) enemies which are more than just legions of humanoids swinging clubs (though there are still quite a few o those).

S

ssdanku

I agree with a lot of the comments above, the demo really didn't give u a feel for how the game works leveling wise and ryona wise. but nevertheless i am excited for the release this Tuesday, and i did completely forget to mention at night it turns into a survival horror type of game with it turning completely dark and zombies coming out of the woods to attack you. My only concern with the game is that there is only 1 save file , typically with these sort of games i like to create 1 male fighter / melee type of character then have an alt female archer / ranger sort of character. To remedy this some people have suggested using xbl cloud storage to create 1 save file on that , so I am hoping that works.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Is it confirmed that there will only be one save file? Because I thought I saw that you'd be able to unlock more customization options through DLC and such. While I'm not crazy about DLC in general, it should mean that you can either have multiple saves/characters, or be able to edit your character in your existing game (like in the demo). If it takes the approach similar to the demo, you could technically switch back and forth between using a male and female character without having to play the game twice. Personally, I'll probably just use a female character all the way through, though with the demo, I'm having a hard time making one that doesn't look really weird. It's that age old problem with custom character creation.

S

ssdanku

On Gamefaqs a lot of people have said its confirmed that there is 1 manual save file and 1 auto save file, as far as customizing ur character after you make it , there are barber shops in game where u can go to change ur looks a bit , but that is primarily just hair options. Once u choose your gender for your character you cannot change it.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
On Gamefaqs a lot of people have said its confirmed that there is 1 manual save file and 1 auto save file, as far as customizing ur character after you make it , there are barber shops in game where u can go to change ur looks a bit , but that is primarily just hair options. Once u choose your gender for your character you cannot change it.

That...sounds like a major annoyance. Glad to know about it ahead of time though, guess I'll have to fiddle with my characters a bit more to make sure I get it right the first time. I don't want to waste any time on character creation when the game is out.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster

Actually I believe there's a sort of make over ticket, something called the "Art of Metamorphosis" which costs upwards to 5,000 Rift Crystals (an in-game currency mostly used to recruit powerful pawns) that's description reads: "Arcane magick that can transmute one's appearance, allowing the user to edit both their Arisen and main pawn a single time."
I'm not sure if it'll allow you to change your gender (I doubt it) but nevertheless at least you can change your character in game.

Also worth noting; in the same shop there are dyes for more unusual hair and skin colors such as sky blue hair, and gold skin. Just in case you wanted a splash more color on your characters.

S

ssdanku

Actually I believe there's a sort of make over ticket, something called the "Art of Metamorphosis" which costs upwards to 5,000 Rift Crystals (an in-game currency mostly used to recruit powerful pawns) that's description reads: "Arcane magick that can transmute one's appearance, allowing the user to edit both their Arisen and main pawn a single time."
I'm not sure if it'll allow you to change your gender (I doubt it) but nevertheless at least you can change your character in game.

Also worth noting; in the same shop there are dyes for more unusual hair and skin colors such as sky blue hair, and gold skin. Just in case you wanted a splash more color on your characters.

ah well that is good to know, the whole name "art of metamorphosis" sounds like some thing a mmo would call the option to gender swap , so u might actually be able to change your genders. People who have the game already ( some places are getting it early , mostly ppl who ordered straight from capcom got it this Friday) haven't mentioned any thing about it , or maybe they have I honestly did not feel like going thru the full 30+ pages on the thread they created on gamefaqs

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
ah well that is good to know, the whole name "art of metamorphosis" sounds like some thing a mmo would call the option to gender swap , so u might actually be able to change your genders. People who have the game already ( some places are getting it early , mostly ppl who ordered straight from capcom got it this Friday) haven't mentioned any thing about it , or maybe they have I honestly did not feel like going thru the full 30+ pages on the thread they created on gamefaqs

I should get my copy on release so I'll try to hunt down what store sells the dyes and the ticket. I want my character to have blue hair anyway.
When/if I find it I'll let you know.

I've seen a video of the store so I know I'm not crazy. (Of course I don't know if the video was from a preview build or the full game.)

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
I checked the dragons dogma wiki, and checking different enemies...not much ryona from what i can tell...shame :/...game still looks awesome though :D

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
I checked the dragons dogma wiki, and checking different enemies...not much ryona from what i can tell...shame :/...game still looks awesome though :D

That seems odd, because I watched several long portions of the developers showing off large portions of the game, and saw several instances of ryona I wasn't expecting. Maybe it's just not being documented as much on there? I mean, I guess it could come down to what you are looking for, but in general, the larger enemies are much, much more likely to directly interact with your characters (apart from, you know, hitting them) than pretty much any other action game I can think of.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Well. The wiki is definitely incomplete and some of the text is taken from the strategy guide, which also doesn't talk about the grabs in much detail. Here's what I've confirmed from videos and articles about the game.

-Stronger enemies are simply reskins of older enemies. So if I describe a grab that a certain enemy type has then the stronger, recolored version, will likely have the same grab.

If you've watched most of the videos then you've pretty much seen all of the enemy models. But I'll still spoiler this list just in case.

Small Enemies
-Harpy
Picks up characters, flies up high, then drops them.
-Zombie
They come in different sizes and shapes but they all seem to be capable of the staple grab and bite that zombies are known for.
-Wolf
If a character falls down the wolf will bite away at them. Some may actually drag the character away from their party.
-Phantasm
Can possess characters.
-Vile Eye
Will summon tentacles with mouths on the end. These tentacles can apparently grab characters, though I have yet to see what they do to them.

Big Enemies

-Evil Eye
Kind of resembles a beholder, except it has a bunch of tentacles ending in toothy maws rather than eyestalks. It's similar to the Vile Eye since it can summon tentacles as well as use its own to attack. In one trailer it picked up a pawn with one of its tentacle mouths but the trailer quickly cut away before anything happened. I'm hoping there's some vore there.
-Chimera
Can apparently pin characters and bite away at them.
-Cockatrice
Causes petrification.
-Cyclops
Can grab characters and chew on them, regaining health in the process.
-Ogre
Will target female party members first. If it grabs a character it will try and distance itself from your party. After that it will chew on the head of whoever it grabbed.
-Hydra
Can swallow party members whole.
-Drake
Can grab pawns and hypnotize them to turn against you. If it grabs the player character it will slam them into the ground.
-Larger dragons
Apparently very similar to the drake. Will slam the player character into the ground if it grabs them.

Other

-The Brine
Apparently killer plankton or some such. It's basically the games explanation for why you can't swim. If you walk into large bodies of water your character will start to spurt blood out of their legs as the brine attacks them. I haven't seen what happens if you stay too long in the water. I imagine you'd probably just fall over.

Last edited by a moderator:

VoreQ

Ryonani Teamster
I LOVE THIS GAME :D
its exactly what i want :-3
on PS3 i've been saving before the boss fights and making new profiles (with names like DDcyclopse and DDchimera)and then copying my save to the profiles, so hopefully i'll be able to switch the profiles back in to replay all of the bosses, and (also hopefully) i'll get a video of all of the attacks they do :D

also to add onto CNby's awesome monster grab list, the tentacles summoned by the vile eye are probably the same ones in a pretty early quest,
these tentacles bite on the lower half of a character, swing them around and then hurl them :-3
also cyclopse can sometimes lunge at a character with both hands, pick them up and squeeze them, then slam them between its hands and smash them to the ground :)

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
the chimera grab is ridiculous, aside from the pounce pin maul attack, the snake in the back can grab someone which then proceeds to hold them over the goat who licks them(even applies the oil debuff wtf) and then throws them to the lion in the front who then mauls the character. crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.