[DOA5LR] How to use mods in the Steam version (1 Viewer)

CeeBee88

Potential Patron
Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, please don't yell at me...

So, going around the DOA5 modding community, it seems that everyone believes the only way to add costume mods to the game is if you use a pirated version. After all, the only known way to add costumes is using the DLC method, and of course we'd need a modified INI file to put them in the game. Also, being a pirate copy, we can't play online with our modded costumes.

Well, that’s not necessarily the case.

There IS a way to use DLC mods in the Steam version of the game, though I will tell you right now - it will cost you, as you will need an official DLC pack purchased on Steam to do it. Of course, if you're not willing to pay for a DLC pack and it doesn't bother you whether or not you're playing on Steam, you can still use the same method we've been using for a while. But for those who want to properly use Photo mode, earn achievements and play online, there is a way.

It is quite a lengthy process, but after you've done it the first time, it'll be much quicker to add new mods in the future.

To do this, you will need these tools:
DLC tool (ver. 0.9.1 recommended)
Achivarius

So, before you start, you’ll want to gather the raw files for the mod you want to use in the game. If you already have them, great. If not, you can use Achivarius to extract them from the relevant DLC pack. Save them for later.

2vt5he1.jpg

Now you’ll need to locate the file containing your newly-bought DLC pack. For the purpose of this tutorial, I will be using the Pre-purchase reward set, which has a folder ID of 352150.

wlr88i.jpg

All purchased DLC packs will go in the DLC folder in the game’s directory (Steam\SteamApps\common\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round). Make sure you back up this folder before messing with, so it can be easily restored should you mess up.

2eg8h0h.jpg

Open up the DLC tool, and click “New DLCâ€Â. Choose the folder you want to save it in, and save it as the number of the DLC pack you wish to modify (352150, in this case.) The DLC tool won’t let you edit packs that are already saved, so you’ll need to set everything up. If you’re only interested in your own costumes and don’t care about the costumes already in the pack, you can disregard this and get onto adding them.

24bpus5.jpg

If, however, you wish to keep the costumes in the official pack, you will need to put them in before adding your own. Open the pack in Achivarius and extract the raw files to a safe place.

20fs468.jpg

Now add each character on the DLC tool, ensuring you get the slot numbers and hairstyles correct.

In the case of the Pre-purchase pack, it should go like this (Face will always be 1 unless otherwise stated):

Hayabusa
Slot 0
Hairstyle A = 0 (Face 0)

Hayate
Slot 0
Hairstyle A = 1

Kasumi
Slot 21
Hairstyle A+B = 3
Hairstyle C+D = 1
Hairstyle E+F = 4
Hairstyle G+H = 6

Ayane
Slot 21
Hairstyle A+B = 4
Hairstyle C+D = 1
Hairstyle E+F = 3
Hairstyle G+H = 5

Kasumi
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 2
Hairstyle B = 1
Hairstyle C = 3
Hairstyle D = 5
Hairstyle E = 4
Hairstyle F = 6

Ayane
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 3
Hairstyle B = 4
Hairstyle C = 5

Hitomi
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 1
Hairstyle B = 4
Hairstyle C = 5

Kokoro
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 1
Hairstyle B = 2
Hairstyle C = 3
Hairstyle D = 4
Hairstyle E = 5

Leifang
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 2
Hairstyle B = 1
Hairstyle C = 4
Hairstyle D = 6

Mila
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 1
Hairstyle B = 1 (Face 2)
Hairstyle C = 4

Momiji
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 1
Hairstyle B = 2 (Face 2)

Rachel
Slot 22
Hairstyle A = 1
Hairstyle B = 2

Once you’ve done that, add the raw files for each specific costume. At this point, you may want to save the state so you’ll have a point to go back to if you change your mind about costume slots. Click on “Save state†in the top right-hand corner and locate/create the folder you want to save it in. You can save it as anything you like, but I prefer to save it as the folder number.

Now it’s time to start adding your own costumes. Use the same process as above, assigning the right slots and hairstyles of each costume. Once you’re happy with everything, you can click “Save DLC†to create your pack. A box should then pop up to let you know it has saved successfully. Make sure you save the state of your pack before closing to ensure you can easily add more costumes later.

2yooffq.jpg

Now open up the game directory and go into the DLC folder. Locate your newly-saved DLC pack and move it to the DLC folder, replacing the old file.

Then just start the game and enjoy your new costumes with no cracks and no custom launchers!
biggrin.png

Additional notes

- I haven’t tested this method for EVERY DLC pack because, quite frankly, I’m not willing to spend THAT much money. However, I do know that it DOESN’T work with the Tropical Paradise pack (probably because that one contains movies as well as costumes.) Ultimately, I'd recommend using the Pre-purchase reward pack because A. it’s the cheapest available, and B. the method totally works with it. If you do try it out with another pack, let us know of the results.

- If you wish to use the extra hairstyles from the Senran Kagura set, you will need that pack as well.

- As explained at the beginning, mods can be taken online. What the other player will see will depend on what they have on their own system and what slots you are using for your mods. If you are using a slot that isn’t taken up by another costume, the other player will see the character in their default costume. These mods are local files, so only you will be able to see them. Trying to find people to play with, however... well, good luck with that
tongue.png

DaWul

Potential Patron
Looks good...

But... one question... is possible to merge all DLCs into a Pre-Purchase one?... looks better fix for steam users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.