Dialogue Dropping Lines (1 Viewer)

SDTGeek

Potential Patron
Have you guys experienced this problem? It has happened to me twice. I am putting together my first dialogue and I having inputted all of my lines in SDT but If I go into notepad and change anything (Trying to setup a chapter change point so that certain dialogue only pops in certain chapters)

One major line that always falls out is this:
passed_out:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][INSTANT_FLASH_000000][PULL_OFF][AUTO_OFF]Aww. Did my pet have a little kitty nap? Hmm?
[CLEAN_ALL][ANIMTOOLS_SDTGeekanalchair][CLEAN_CUM][RESET_RESIST][CLEAN_SPIT][END_FLASH][w9]"{"style":"Him"}

It works fine before I edit it in notepad but all I am adding is this:
{"set":{"chapter":"start"},"style":"Him"}

Dialogue Checker only with errors in the charcode area (Even though it loads the charcode fine) and with a slap sound that also works fine.

I attached the errors and the dialogue.
I am using WeeWillie's Loader Bundle to run it.

I would love to get an answer here. I am having a lot of fun making this so if I can figure it out I will want to make more. Thanks

Attachments

Kitty's Hungry Test 2.txt
25.5 KB · Views: 282

SDTGeek

Potential Patron
Just realized it's got to be the game itself or my lines. I went back and opened my backup and it's not loading there either and I did absolutely no editing on that since I made it. Anyone else have this problem and know a work around? I don't know what I am doing wrong since the dialogue checker seems to be OK with it.

hey_there

Potential Patron
Heyy that's my dialogue..

Anyways, an easier way to do chapters is to set it as a variable in the initial settings (start at 0 or whatever). Then whenever a line that triggers the next chapter set the variable to +1 or 1, and so on. Like this:

initial_settings:{"chapter":0}

and if the next chapter triggers after the first deep throat:

first_dt:"blah blah next chapter"{"style":"Thought","set":"chapter":1}

make sure to set the lines in a chapter like this:

lick_penis:"[lp_chapter*chapter*]"{"style":"Thought"}
lp_chapter0:"blah blah first chapter"
lp_chapter1:"second chapter"

Also, you might want to clean up the dialogue a bit (I couldn't make any sense of it at all without "cmd F" and I even wrote most of it!) and instead of using WeeWillie's Loader Bundle, just download a fresh one from ModGuy (MG) and follow Sby's tutorial on how to set it up with the mods you want. It's much more rewarding and you start to understand how things work so you can do more with it.

SDTGeek

Potential Patron
Yep, I was hoping to send it to you first when I finished hey_there but I hit this brick wall and needed help. I used it and loved it so much I figured I'd try my hand at giving Kitty the thing she kept asking for. Figured it be easier to start with something already built so I can get a good idea on how it is done and continue from there before diving in and creating one from scratch. But if I can get one finished I think I'm finally getting to a place where I comfortable with it. To be honest, this is really just a practice round for me.

SDTGeek

Potential Patron
Thanks you so much. I wouldn't fell right without posting it here for you first. The only thing I am still having trouble with is it triggering any cum lines when in the new position but other than that I got it working. Give it a try. (I even took your advice and made my own loader) http://www.solidfiles.com/d/aacc31ffd6/SDTGeeks_Loader.rar

hey_there

Potential Patron
SDTGeek said:
Yep, I was hoping to send it to you first when I finished hey_there but I hit this brick wall and needed help. I used it and loved it so much I figured I'd try my hand at giving Kitty the thing she kept asking for. Figured it be easier to start with something already built so I can get a good idea on how it is done and continue from there before diving in and creating one from scratch. But if I can get one finished I think I'm finally getting to a place where I comfortable with it. To be honest, this is really just a practice round for me.

Oh okay, really glad you liked my dialogue :) I'm actually working on a new version for it too that'll have what you're saying and also a little extra... you'll have to wait and see what the extra is ;). Backgrounds are a PAIN though, I think I was working on just one for almost 3 hours last night...

SDTGeek said:
Thanks you so much. I wouldn't fell right without posting it here for you first. The only thing I am still having trouble with is it triggering any cum lines when in the new position but other than that I got it working. Give it a try. (I even took your advice and made my own loader) http://www.solidfiles.com/d/aacc31ffd6/SDTGeeks_Loader.rar

I don't have time tonight, just about to go out, but I'll check it out sometime soon, probably after I update my dialogue since I don't want to purposefully copy any of your lines... I wouldn't feel right doing that :)

SDTGeek

Potential Patron
I wouldn't care if you did. Not like I didn't take any liberties with yours. Sorry if that shady or anything I just wanted to tried my hand at it and I really liked yours so it seemed like a good starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.