Dead or Alive series (1 Viewer)

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate

Guess there's a new Dead or Alive coming out. I quite like some of the redesigns, especially Kasumi's ninja bodysuit. Hopefully there isn't a bazillion DLC costumes like with DOA5.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
hummm, cool to have it announced, thought they were gonna ride on dlc costumes forever. xD
buuut I don't know what will make this better or different from 5 based on that trailer.

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like there will be new facial animations. Hopefully some more grimacing and writhing animations. Looking forward to it.

puca

Club Regular
I'm looking forward to those new slow-mo face punches! The dizzy animations (during the special attacks) are looking nice too.

nine

Ryonani Teamster
In an interview, the producer ( i think) says that the sexyness will be tone down.

I hope they will also do new voice, i feel like they've kept the same dub since do3.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
NEW VOICES I sure hope so....>_>;; Been using same ones for so long, pretty weird. New face expressions would be great too!
Guess maybe we will see more at E3??

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Looking at Helena, sexiness is still decent. Ryona can be improved so there is a plus.
Also DOA5 started with toned down sexiness too until some months laters they increased it. So there is still hope :3

kubi mage

Club Regular
There should be actual gameplay footage on the 11th, hopefully sooner.
EDIT:
Of course I see it right after I post this. No sound, unfortunately.
New Dead or Alive 6 Gameplay - IGN Live E3 2018 - IGN Video

At least one good change is that it looks like they extended the post-KO counter so the animation can actually finish with the loser laying down. Too bad it's still the same animations from DoA4.

Last edited:

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
About the post-KO counter.... bout time they did that. Honestly it bugged me that they always kept cutting it short in older games. Looking at the game it looks like it's trying to be more 'gritty' with the whole showing injuries and blood and "toning down the sexiness" as they say (though, considering this is freaking DOA, I SERIOUSLY wonder how long they're gonna hold onto that after DOA5 tried the same exact thing...). I'm still planning on getting it, but I really don't like how some other fans are going overboard about the whole 'the game got censored!!! Blame the SJWs!" nonsense again. Seriously, the game's still gonna have beautiful girls in it; just perhaps not as utterly ludicrous with stuff like "OMG" breast mode (I admit I use it too currently in DOA5, but I'm not the type to throw a fit if it goes away or anything.)

I personally don't have a worry about the roster, as it's extremely rare anyone gets dropped from a DOA game. All I want is more legacy/past outfits and... let's be real, a less-expensive DLC model. DOA5 literally set the record for most expensive post-content; they should try to be a LITTLE bit more reserved this next time around.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Yeah seriously, I don't understand how overboard some fans are going about it. If you actually listen to what the director is saying in that interview, it's not like he's saying anything unreasonable. He even says they're open to bringing back previous outfits, and we already know the amount of conservative outfits in that back catalog is not very high.

Also a lot of people seem to be strangely unaware that the boob bouncing has always been an option in the menu (it just wasn't explicitly called "boob bounce" but something else). Not that I'm sure if it will be back, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it was still there and just turned way down by default.

Anyway I hope we get to see some complete unedited match footage. That IGN footage was pretty clearly staged and edited.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Man, I just wish we would get a few more varied KO animations. Would have been cool if these new special animations ended in unique KOs, but doesn't look like that will be the case, unfortunately.

All these great looking characters and outfits and all of it is pretty much worthless for me, lol. Bummer.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I am happy the facial reactions to hits are actually a thing. The one thing I didn't like about 5 was that the hit reaction was use eyes close for most attacks

puca

Club Regular
More gameplay, I think this is the first footage of Kasumi getting her face smashed in

GameSpot #E32018 on Twitter
Ohh, that's looking good!

Quality of my screenshot's a bit poor, but this is what that looks like:
Kasumi.png

Last edited:

kubi mage

Club Regular
And here's the better-quality youtube version, extended with Helena eating haymaker from Zack and getting KTFO.

I was mistaken about the post-KO timer, instead of being generally extended it seems that that hitting the wall after a big special attack just interrupts the animation that the timer was timed to. So the full down animation plays because the game thinks it's still playing a longer animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.