Dead or Alive series (2 Viewers)

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Street Fighter IV got Decapre. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate got Kasumi's clone Phase-4 :secret laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Well, before I start I have to confess that I liked Kasumi Alpha in DOA Dimensions... a lot. (played her more than I played the original). I was actually saddened when they morphed her into that jello-monster known as Alpha-152, mainly because I sorta liked the whole "I'm gonna steal Hayate and your life all for myself" bit her normal, yet immature self had against Kasumi. Now, that being said... I'm REALLY digging the upgraded Alpha, mainly from a gameplay perspective since I actually DO play the game against others online instead of just the ryona content. Girl's crazy fast and captures the kind of stylish combo set I like with the teleport shenanigans. They also did a good job so far trying to give her her own unique playstyle with a nice fusion of Kasumi, 152, and I think I saw some Hayate & Hayabusa influences in there too. And I have to say, at the very least I'm glad she retains the previous Alpha's red and black ninja garbs as alts. I love those a lot more than the new cloak ATM. I hope she gets her own set of DLC outfits that resemble her outside of just fighting garbs though (I'm a sucker for casual clothes no matter who wears them).

My only gripe so far is that she most likely will completely have Kasumi's in-game vocals to the T instead of having her own individual vocal script (I know this clone by story is supposed to mimic the original Kasumi much more accurately, but I still liked the fact Dimensions' Alpha had her own individual voicing [from her original JPN VA no less])

Just know, Phase-4's joining the current location test today, so you'll probably see more low-quality videos peaking up on the net just like Marie Rose had before. Looking forward to checking her out further.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
From the trailer, I think she will have her own voice script. And I assume her cloak can turn on/off like some accessory of other chara.

And yes, this form is much much better than her jelly form XD

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
For those interested, here's some Youtube videos that were snuck-taken during the location test on the 18th in Japan for a bit more footage on Phase-4. At least now you can see her personality & mannerisms a bit more. She seems like a complete 180 from the original Alpha's more psychotic and childish antics and much more Kasumi'ish, yet more along the lines that she doesn't seem to be comfortable doing what she's doing. Also, there's some other little things like having her own unique fighting stance (and I DO believe she has her own set of grunts and battle-cries different from Kasumi's to go along with her spoken lines if I'm hearing right)

Also, interesting tidbit, Tecmo's holding an artist costume contest on their facebook page. Lots of artists are submitting their costume ideas and the best ones will be implemented into the game as DLC on a later date. Gotta hand it to them; Tecmo's really reaching out for the fans with 5 and 5U.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks for the videos, DeNice.
She's similar to Kasumi now, with a doubt that is it good to fight. Look like she's finding her way of life.

The contest sounds good to my artist friends too, heh.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Alright, you cats. Today's the 25th, and you know what that means. Your newest vict---er... your newest addition to DOA5U is ready for purchase. Marie Rose hit town last night and it's time to spread the wealth. Marie by herself is $5.99, her costumes separately are $1.99, the costume bundle for her is $7.99 and the entire Marie Rose package is $12.99. Also, she won't hit Xbox 360s until the 26th.

Split's already gone to work on getting things started (which is just like him, lol) so I figure I'd post this over here for him since he hasn't gotten here yet.

Ryona

Basic Overview

Win/Lose Poses

Detailed Costume Overview

Next videos are actually mine, and they cover most of her animations (including taunts at the end of the first video)
Command Training (with info spread through the video)

Power Attacks and Cliffhanger Attacks

The girl's pretty sweet all across the board. I bet money she's gonna be staying awhile in the series after 5.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks again for the vids.
Man, she's so good in looks, costumes and movesets. Her holds and throws are awesome.

Surely, she will be my favorite girl of 2014 :nose bleed:

Somepersoncorn

Potential Patron
Oh sweet baby Jesus her lose pose. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Anyways, DJClayface also got to work with Marie.

I must say her facial expression when she's getting hurt is much better than the other girls, so she went up a little bit in my ryona scale (although I still can't believe she's 18).

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I gave her a pass after downloading her on the age thing(girls do have that flat of a chest sometimes) mainly because she is only a few inches shorter then Mila(who is tall as hell) and yeah I noticed they did a better job with her face then the others in pain. Mainly because they animated the eyebrows. I have been doing that for years in my XNA images. It is honestly a very important thing when showing an emotion on a character. Her lose pose is annoying and I can't help but call her a woman child since she acts like a 12 year old. She is fun to play though. I am still sad she is going to flood ryona now(already started) and I have to sit here most of the time and pray for a Mila, hell since Ultimate even Ayane is a bit harder to come by :( Wish I had HD stuff so I could make stuff again that looks on par with current ryona though my style(the really long shit)

Edit: as of this edit the first page of just searching Ryona is more the half filled with Rose...when I saw the one Hitomi in the middle of all of it, it was like finding a shiny)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
the blue suit, the white suit, the school uniform and her cheerleader outfit. Nice for sure.

I also thought I'd be putting her through the wringer, but it turns out I'm using her to dish out the pain. I think it's cause I love her sleeper hold from behind, and I know I was sold on her when I saw her do a roll, leap into the air then straddle Kokoro and beat the crap out of her.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
press down-forward +P+K, then while she is rolling press Throw and enjoy the greatest punch combo ever.

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
I have seen a move where she wraps her legs around the victim as they stand. Is that the move? I would love to see that on Schoolgirl Tina!

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah it reminds me of this move Eileen has in virtua fighter though more brutal. Eileen kinda scratches he opponent where Marier here seems to look like she straight up wants to kill someone.

I could do a quick record of her doing it for you OGF it would be low quality since I am still in the stone age and use a dazzle. Alos I do not have her school uniform just her basic stuff and the pop uniform. I do have a good number of Ayane and Mila's though :P

OGFOriginal

Potential Patron
That would be awesome Randomguy! Tina's Red wrestling Uniform would be great along with Mila's Default uniform would be great as well. Ayane is becoming a favorite of mine as of late as well. DOA Girls are just too amazing!

glutton

Potential Patron
Marie seems to still have a lot of energy in her losing pose. She looks like she'd still fight back if her opponent tried to kidnap her or something XD

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
... I have to sit here most of the time and pray for a Mila, hell since Ultimate even Ayane is a bit harder to come by :( Wish I had HD stuff so I could make stuff again that looks on par with current ryona though my style(the really long shit)
I know that feel. Ayane is my favorite girl but she got less ryona than other popular girls. So Marie popularity is good for me.
Though I also think her moveset is suit for being aggressor, that can entertain a people who like to see little girl beating bigger one :D

Marie seems to still have a lot of energy in her losing pose. She looks like she'd still fight back if her opponent tried to kidnap her or something XD
I doubt she fake her cry or not XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.