Celestia Ludenberg - Dynamic Hair (1 Viewer)

uselesspotato

Content Creator
First post to share something I made to learn modding.
Based on deadreaver's static hair mod of this character : Deadreaver's Imports - (Retiring Soon)

If there's any mistakes that need to be corrected, tell me quick, my free trial of Animate ends in 2 days. (edit: It's over now.)

Attachments

Celestia_Dynamic.swf
20.6 KB · Views: 1,555

Celestia_DynamicV2.swf
21.2 KB · Views: 1,439

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
First post to share something I made to learn modding.
This is very impressive work for a first mod. Congratulations!

Based on someone else's static hair mod of this character (I don't remember where I found it)
I couldn't find anything by searching. If anyone else can identify the source then please reply so that we can credit the original artist.

If there's any mistakes that need to be corrected, tell me quick, my free trial of Animate ends in 2 days.
No mistakes that I can find. There a few possible extensions (such as allowing RGB adjustment of the headdress, or defining the earring as a separate mod so that it can swing around when the girl's head moves) but these aren't necessary. The mod looks great as-is and all of the pieces are integrated very well.

Okay actually there's one minor mistake: the headdress is "cropped" around the girl's ear instead of being layered under the girl's ear. Therefore if you switch to Elf ears they aren't really visible, and if you switch to Small ears then a patch of bare skin becomes visible.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello uselesspotato and congratulations for your hair mod, that is very good indeed.

If there's any mistakes that need to be corrected, tell me quick, my free trial of Animate ends in 2 days.
I just noticed two little things:
QZVnGQk.png

This part of the bang looks a bit strange. Maybe you should have cutted the symbol at the bottom of the part at the back, not at its top.
Do not mind about the forearm clipping with the hair, it is a known SDT issue and there is nothing you can do about. It may be solved by using @sby's hairoverlaypatch Loader mod.

rHede2Y.png

The ribbons are misaligned in some positions. Here I suggest that you draw straight ribbons (like on my Flower Dynamic Hair Ornament (3)), so SDT will handle the dynamic moves better.

Anyway, these are only minor flaws, and most will not care about them, so you do not really need to change anything. :wink:

Continue like this. Even if you cannot have access to Animate CC anymore, I believe that you can do good work with Inkscape (the tools and vector handling are a bit different, but it is basically the same thing).

Good luck.

Last edited:

uselesspotato

Content Creator
Defining the earring as a separate mod so that it can swing around when the girl's head moves
Good idea, that's part of the mod now.

The headdress is "cropped" instead of being layered under the ear.
I think it's fixed now.

Alignement stuff
I didn't manage to fix those alignement issues because I used my remaining time on implemeting the RGB stuff. And by 'used' I mean 'wasted'. Because I couldn't get it to work even though I followed the instructions as well as I could... :(

Anyway, here is version 2.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Anyway, here is version 2.
You do not need to attach the 2nd version two times, as well as the 1st version (it wastes server space).
even though I followed the instructions as well as I could.
I had much problems with RGB sliders at the beggining. Most of the issues were caused by invalid symbol names. It has to be "rgbFill" and "rgbFill2" to work (case is important).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.