Black Desert Online Modding Tools (2 Viewers)

Dragondragon64

Avid Affiliate
I'm really at a loss as to why pactool keeps spamming "error: position too high!" lately when I work on my mod projects...
I haven't changed the position, scale, etc. on anything! I don't know if this is a Blender issue or what.
If anyone has any idea how to fix this, and/or wants to take a look at the file themselves, please let me know!

ItsPedrow

Potential Patron
Great work from BlackFireBR (Ótimo trabalho)
It seems the explorer wasn't updated in a long time (june 26th, 2017) since when extracting some armors, the texture doesn't come along with it.
Also the yes/no option to extract all at once gives an error.
Maybe trying to extract these files on an older version of the game might work. Testing on BDO SA

Edit: I tried to extract files from bdo v862 which was the last backup i had and the result was still the same.
Also IndigoDesert tool to convert the .pac to .dae of the sorceress lumik armor (the one i wanted the mot to edit) isn't working. And the creator hasn't logged in since 2017 either.

Edit2: I got a workaround alternative to IndigoDesert script for converting .pac to .dae or even better .obj or .ply
Only noticeable problem is the level of detail in the file which it doesn't go close to ld0 as Indigo's script.
I'm gonna do a detailed post after this one on how to do it.

Last edited:

ItsPedrow

Potential Patron
Steps to convert .pac to .dae (or similar) on a file that IndigoDesert script doesn't work:

1. Get your .pac file extracted with PAZ browser
2. Get the latest version of 3d Object Converter. I used v 7.0. The software can be obtained from here
3. Open your .pac file and save as Neutral File Format (.nff). This way the software wont subtract your polygons.
4. Using this site you can convert the .nff to .dae or similar
5. Open your recently converted file in blender. For this test I used the sorceress lumik armor which Indigo's script wasn't capable of converting.

Result as follows
egppjVL.png

My intent wasn't to import the model ingame afterwards, thus I believe following the steps described by BlackFireBR will work.
Personally I don't recommend to use this on every file since Indigo's script does way better job, specially on level of detail. Use only for files incapable of conversion.

Hope it helped.

Dratiant

Potential Patron
I tried your above method with the Lahn Succession outfit and it loads fine into 3D Object Converter, when I get the .DAE back from the website it is empty when I load it into Blender and 3DS Max.

ItsPedrow

Potential Patron
I tried your above method with the Lahn Succession outfit and it loads fine into 3D Object Converter, when I get the .DAE back from the website it is empty when I load it into Blender and 3DS Max.
Could you post the code of the outfit you were trying to do the process?

Dream Angel

Content Creator
Modder
Author
Editor
Steps to convert .pac to .dae (or similar) on a file that IndigoDesert script doesn't work:

1. Get your .pac file extracted with PAZ browser
2. Get the latest version of 3d Object Converter. I used v 7.0. The software can be obtained from here
3. Open your .pac file and save as Neutral File Format (.nff). This way the software wont subtract your polygons.
4. Using this site you can convert the .nff to .dae or similar
5. Open your recently converted file in blender. For this test I used the sorceress lumik armor which Indigo's script wasn't capable of converting.

Result as follows
egppjVL.png

My intent wasn't to import the model ingame afterwards, thus I believe following the steps described by BlackFireBR will work.
Personally I don't recommend to use this on every file since Indigo's script does way better job, specially on level of detail. Use only for files incapable of conversion.

Hope it helped.
How to pack the model back into the game?

ItsPedrow

Potential Patron
How to pack the model back into the game?
I still don't know if the same method described by BlackFireBR using meta injector would work when using my conversion method.
I used that method of extracting the meshes from the game because I wanted to use them at other games.

EDIT: To Dream Angel, I tried to use my method of converting the .pac to .nff and then to .dae and then oppening in Blender, but it didn't oppened up.
So I tried to convert the .nff to obj or .ply instead and it oppened up in Blender. The problem was when exporting the file from Blender. I attempted exporting in .dae but it seems the 3d object converter doesn't recognise the file anymore. That's an evidence thar probably Blender couldn't export the file properly (or my experience with it is too low).
As follows, i attempted to use the IndigoDesert Script to convert it back to .pac and the message shows up:
LPnoZJw.jpg

After this, the file wasn't generated and I don't have the knowledge to fix this. Guess I will rename my method as: "how to extract meshes from BDO"

Last edited:

Dratiant

Potential Patron
The file I was trying to work with is psw_00_ub_0145.pac and I got the exact same problems as you did. I ended up downloading a program called Assimp and I was able to open the converted dae from the site, but when trying to put back into the pac I got the exact same error as you.

ItsPedrow

Potential Patron
The file I was trying to work with is psw_00_ub_0145.pac and I got the exact same problems as you did. I ended up downloading a program called Assimp and I was able to open the converted dae from the site, but when trying to put back into the pac I got the exact same error as you.
Dratiant, I ran two tests to see if this was a problem I was doing or the double conversion was doing. In the first method, I used the IndigoDesert with some random valkyrie armor. The result is as it follows in the spoiler under:
Reading DAE file...
Read 7968 vertex positions.
Read 5312 vertex normals.
Read 10624 vertex colours.
Read 29 joints.
Read 7599 vertex weights.
Finding matching joints in DAE and PAB files...
Creating face list...
Creating vertex list...
Finished reading DAE file.
Starting process of replacing one specific mesh in pvw_00_ub_0004.pac
Loaded pvw_00_ub_0004.pac
Copying vertex data.
Copying faces data.
Acquiring TBNs from original mesh.
Generating TBNs for new mesh.
Wrote pvw_00_ub_0004.pac

The second test I made was to use my double conversion method with the same armor, following this extensions: .pac to .nff (3d object converter) then .nff to .obj (meshes site) then .obj to .dae (using blender) then using IndigoDesert Script to convert .dae to .pac back. Still got the error but now a file was generated. Still didn't injected ingame to see if any modification was made, but at least it "worked".
Reading DAE file...
Read 74970 vertex positions.
Error: Missing arrays!
Creating face list...
Creating vertex list...
Finished reading DAE file.
Starting process of replacing one specific mesh in pvw_00_ub_0004.pac
Loaded pvw_00_ub_0004.pac
Copying vertex data.
Copying faces data.
Acquiring TBNs from original mesh.
Generating TBNs for new mesh.
Wrote pvw_00_ub_0004.pac

First conclusion: both the .dae and the OLD .pac file must be in the same directory and their names must match the script dae_to_pac
Second conclusion: my double conversion method seens not to work properly because it splits the vertices and Indigo's script has some pretty neat restrictions.

You're getting this error because in Indigo's script folder "bones", there isn't Lahn bones, as this script hasn't received any updates since 2017.
If you didn't understand anything I wrote, please refer PM to me. English isn't my first language.

MaxTheMiracle

Potential Patron
Hi there, any way to update paz browser and extractor, to support latest files, so thet can extract dds files, also, doeas someone have latest real names, as i cant seem to find any :), is there adiscord for BDO Modding community ?
Thanks!
Max.-

ulrich1234

Potential Patron
When importing a diffrent game model, take Tera for example, how does this work? Tera uses .mesh/.mesh.ascii files for theyre weapons with multiple textures, diffuse, roughness and a other one, Im sure that if you want to import a Tera weapon into BDO, you'd have to link the texture from the tera weapon. but since youd have to link all the 3 textures ''multiple nodes'' wich isnt possible with the current 1.4 collada import/export script. I keep walking into this problem while doing that Screenshot Any help for this?

oxsi91

Potential Patron
did anyone here had tried to extract the font?
i got this error when tried to extract the font

Code:
  offset   filesize   filename
--------------------------------------
  00012bfc 13668348   pearl.ttf
Info:  algorithm   385
       offset      00012bfc
       input size  0x007ab530 8041776
       output size 0x00d08ffc 13668348
       result      0xfffffffd -3

Error: the uncompressed data (-3) is bigger than the allocated buffer (13668348)

Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
  50  clog FILE_NAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE

Amethyst

Potential Patron
Hello, I've been using the new version of the Pac2Dae convert tool (1.3.1) and I'm getting a very annoying error from Blender (which is a bit notorious for its shady Collada practices come to think of it :smile: ) when importing the DAE file, concerning the validity of the collada schema. Specifically it complains about the lack of texcoord attribute in the mesh diffuse texture element. I've been manually adding those in for the stuff i've imported so far, but it can get a bit daunting for PACs with several meshes (such as the head models).

The edit looks like this basically (just grab the uv element and ref it into the texcoord attribute):

1615386781612.png

I've been digging a bit into the BlackDesert.py script which was created a while ago (which would circumvent the need for a DAE file in the first place), but wit the change of their core library and ditching the Blender py module, it's gonna be pretty interesting to bring up to date...

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
For those who still want to discuss modding after the forum goes down, there's the BDO NSFW discord, if the forum never comes back, I'll be posting updates to the modding tools there (when I do have an update to post that is).
Permanent invite link: Join the BDO NSFW Discord Server! https://discord.gg/UqkAF3V

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.