[Beginner HELP] Noob wants to add new noses to SDT proper. How start? (1 Viewer)

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
I'm a beginner with Flash, but I'm willing to teach it to myself for the small projects I want to do. I just need a few pointers on where to start, and whether or not these are even possible:

Things I know:
(1) Konashion never released a FLA for his full SDT.
(2) Adobe CS has a 1-month free trial. I don't want to DL it until I'm ready.

Hopefully easy Starter Projects I need pointers with:
(1) Combine "Kampher President" dynamic swf + "Slanted Eye Mod" loader swf into single swf suitable for SDT (not Loader). This is possible, right? Korra + Muscular Body is a much bigger customization and it runs on SDT.

(2) Add all 5 new noses that I found on this forum into SDT proper, as Option choices.**

(3) Change the alternative eyebrow choices for SDT proper, into pretty alternatives. Once I learn #2, this should be easy.

**I might be told that because there is no FLA for SDT, I can't do this (even for noses which have no moving joints)? If that's the case, how would I just make nose swf imports for SDT? That's less desirable because then users can't change skin color.

americanole

Potential Patron
PyramidHead said:
I'm a beginner with Flash, but I'm willing to teach it to myself for the small projects I want to do. I just need a few pointers on where to start, and whether or not these are even possible:

Things I know:
(1) Konashion never released a FLA for his full SDT.
(2) Adobe CS has a 1-month free trial. I don't want to DL it until I'm ready.

Hopefully easy Starter Projects I need pointers with:
(1) Combine "Kampher President" dynamic swf + "Slanted Eye Mod" loader swf into single swf suitable for SDT (not Loader). This is possible, right? Korra + Muscular Body is a much bigger customization and it runs on SDT.

(2) Add all 5 new noses that I found on this forum into SDT proper, as Option choices.**

(3) Change the alternative eyebrow choices for SDT proper, into pretty alternatives. Once I learn #2, this should be easy.

**I might be told that because there is no FLA for SDT, I can't do this (even for noses which have no moving joints)? If that's the case, how would I just make nose swf imports for SDT? That's less desirable because then users can't change skin color.

Unfortunately, I can't give you much but:

Adobe does indeed have a trial of 1 month

Combining two .swfs into one wouldn't be a problem

Now with your 2 and 3, I don't think you'd be able to do that, not for SDT that is, that's why loader is used as it has much more options and allows the use of mods. Using those, I would think, you would be able to add the noses or eyebrows as options (since that's exactly what moreclothing does with clothing). Now I'm sure Modguy would be able to tell you all the reasons you can't do that to SDT (we probably don't have .fla and it doesn't support outside mods, I don't know, again).

ModGuy

Content Creator
The first request for combining SWFs is already difficult since one mod is vanilla and the other is loader.
While it is totally possible to do it's a better idea to leave them separate.

The second and third requests are loader only since vanilla doesn't support what you're asking.

Nose and Eyebrow mods would be appropriate for sby's extended template so if they're not already in there ask him about it.

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
MG said:
The first request for combining SWFs is already difficult since one mod is vanilla and the other is loader.
This is a project idea mainly because the Loader's version of SDT is not up to date with the most recent SDT version. I suspect it has fewer Her animations, etc. Otherwise I'd be happy with using Loader.

Nose and Eyebrow mods would be appropriate for sby's extended template so if they're not already in there ask him about it.
Uhhhm do you mean the hair png template?
Making noses in the hair template would mean the user can't change the skin color (unless he screws around with the hair color too).

Oh I have an idea... Please tell me if this is possible: Can I make Custom Nose swfs that can be colored? And can be used by SDT (not just Loader)? For example, maybe the nose takes up the glasses or crown slot. I've seen some SDT-usable costume swfs that are RGB adjustable.
The user would have to match the nose RGB with the body's skin, but that's easy enough to do from in-game. :D :D :D (Really hope this is possible and easy, cuz I really want to make the girls look more different.)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
PyramidHead said:
MG said:
This is a project idea mainly because the Loader's version of SDT is not up to date with the most recent SDT version. I suspect it has fewer Her animations, etc. Otherwise I'd be happy with using Loader.
the loader used to be a month or so behind konashion's new releases, but he hasn't released a new version in more than a year, so the loader has been up to date for a while now.

as for eyebrows and noses in the template - i am doubtful many people would make the full 200 something animation frames for the eyebrows, although i am sure most of that is tweening. the noses, perhaps they would be used, but not sure if it would provide any benefit over using the loader template.
(also, my extended template is a 'loader' template, so he would have to switch over to the loader anyway)

ModGuy

Content Creator
PyramidHead said:
the Loader's version of SDT is not up to date with the most recent SDT version. I suspect it has fewer Her animations, etc.

Just what. The SDT version number is available on right click.
If we were using an outdated version we'd be getting a million complaints.

EDIT:

Would it be possible to create an RGB adjustable nose for vanilla? Yes.
However it would not react to movement like the actual nose object and would simply be an overlay.
As for specifics on this, look in to how static elements are added in the vanilla template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.