BDO Launcher for Cerophono's Patcher (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungKai

Content Creator
This is a script to launch BDO which prompts you with option to launch BDO with or without Cerophono's Patcher.

It automates the manual process of having to rename/move of PAD00001.PAZ file while using Cerophono's Patcher.

Cerophono's Patcher is available at: Black Desert Nude Mod

BDO Launcher for Cerophono's Patcher: Instructions

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
This is very useful.
Unfortunately I have to run the shortcut all the time as administrator, otherwise the renaming and moving commands gets denied because of "Windows" ¬¬
Any way to not have use the batch file to grant permission to the folder?

Nejjin

Vivacious Visitor
How do I make this work on the russian client, and could you elaborate a little more on step 5, just a little vague. Thanks for the mod though, if I can get mine to work it'll save me a whole lot of headaches.

Nejjin

Vivacious Visitor
How do I make this work on the russian client, and could you elaborate a little more on step 5, just a little vague. Thanks for the mod though, if I can get mine to work it'll save me a whole lot of headaches.
I have done some investigation and found that since I'm on the russian server and my game folder is not in program files but instead is in games folder the bat file is having problems finding the exe's. If you have any ideas on how to fix this I'd appreciate it, thanks again.

Nejjin

Vivacious Visitor
I have done some investigation and found that since I'm on the russian server and my game folder is not in program files but instead is in games folder the bat file is having problems finding the exe's. If you have any ideas on how to fix this I'd appreciate it, thanks again.
Okay, I have spent the better part of the day adapting the script to work with my installation and I have everything working smoothly, the only bug is that my launcher wants to do an integrity check before it will launch the game and I can only assume that it wants to replace the paz file aside from that the script checks for the paz/bak file, renames it, then makes a backup and renames it back to a bak file. I also had to remove the section where it created a shortcut and gave it an icon, it created the shortcut but it was in the same location as the script and it didn't get an icon, I attributed that to my unusual installation.

Last edited:

YoungKai

Content Creator
This is very useful.
Unfortunately I have to run the shortcut all the time as administrator, otherwise the renaming and moving commands gets denied because of "Windows" ¬¬
Any way to not have use the batch file to grant permission to the folder?
upload_2016-4-9_1-27-38.png

YoungKai

Content Creator
Step 5 talks about modifying the script. Specifically the lines near the top that says "SET BDOPATH=" needs to be set to the path of your game directory and "SET BDObackup=" needs to be set to the path of your backup folder.

I've never used the Russian client, so I'm not 100% on this... however I'd imagine if you make sure all the variables on the top of the script are set correctly according to your client, it should still work. If not, try run the script in elevated mode (Run As Administrator).

As far as the shortcut icon, yes, it's created into the same location as the script, you can then copy it onto wherever you want, such as your desktop. If the icon image isn't showing correctly, verify the name of the ".ico" file that's in your game directory and search the script for "BlackDesert.ico" and update it accordingly.

If the script detects an error, the window will turn the background to red color. If you see that, pay attention the the output and it will help you better troubleshoot what went wrong, such as "Missing file PAD00001.PAZ" (maybe you had manually moved it prior to using the script and forgot to move it back)

Last edited:

YoungKai

Content Creator
FAQ on the instruction page is updated with instruction on modifying the script to always run Cerophono's Patcher without bothering you with the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.