[BDO]FAQ and troubleshooting, read before asking for help (1 Viewer)

Vallil

Swell Supporter
I decided to make this thread since there seems to be a lot of people constantly asking for help with fairly simple stuff and which have equally simple solutions, i'll also include a brief explanation of how mods work and so you can figure out stuff on your own.

1.Modding tools and how to use them
The main two tools we use to mod BDO are BlackFireBR's "Resorepless nude mod" and "Meta injector"
Both have more or less the same purpose but work in different ways

Resorepless
Black Desert Online Resorepless Nude Mod
Resorepless is recommended for people who just want a simple nude mod for basic armors, inner armors and a way to remove cash shop outfits (make them invisible), this offers a quick and easy way through some menus to apply nude mods, also it includes a slider editing section which will allow you to increase/decrease the min/max values of said sliders in character reation or customization, the options are a bit limited but if you just want a quick install that works you can't go wrong with this one.
How does it work? the way the mod works is simple, when you download it all you have to do is copy/paste the files and put them inside the "paz" folder in the black desert root directory, execute the exe, costomize to your liking with the menu options and then install.
The mod will then proceed to install the files, which are a couple steps, it copies the files from it's included "resources" folder into the game files ("character" folder), for the slider mod these files go to the "gamecommondata" folder, also it will always make a "partcutdesc.xml" file that matches the current settings you set on the menus to prevent the "holes" or missing/invisible parts from appearing.
The good points of this tool are that it's quick and easy to use, but can only do what you find in the menus without any extra modding options.

Metainjector
Black Desert Online Modding Tools
To use meta injector you do basically the same steps with a couple differences, you copy the tool to the "paz" folder and execute the exe, use the menu...
This tool is a bit simpler but requires a bit more of work to use, the way this tool works is as follows:
The tool checks the files in the "files_to_patch" folder first and matches the files there with existing ones inside the game files to see if they can be replaced, here is where you will store the modified files you want to put into the game, like textures or bodies. When patching the tool will replace any file in the game folder with the one with the same name inside the "files_to_patch" folder.
As you can see this tool offers better overal customization but doesn't have some of the utilities Resorepless has, it can also take longer to finish depending on how many files you're replacing.

BDO Mod manager(Forum,Chinese or translator required)
黑沙台服 黑沙宝典论坛
Manager thread
讓mod更方便管理使用的mod管理器 - 黑沙台服 黑沙宝典论坛
First off thanks to miiicom and it's respective autor for sharing it with the international community, Mod Manager is as much as you can expect from it's name, it's used as these previous tools to edit the game client and apply changes to it, it's supposed to have a easy install/uninstall options and it's expected to have a "Mod mall" in the future for people to upload/downlaod mods from the tool itself, follow the instructions in the thread
BDO Mod site(Chinese or translator required)
MOD大全 黑沙宝典论坛
Here you can find some mods by other users outside this forum, read before download as from the pictures it may be hard or to know what it actually is or at least confusing to some extent

BDO Fashion site
BDO Fashion
Here you can see previews of most of the existing armors and costumes in the game

FAQ
Q:Why does it say "File failed to patch" or "Access denied when trying to patch with Meta Injector?
A:For Meta Injector using admin mode is recommended, also in some cases it could be due to time outs during the patch process(access denied) or the file name simply doesnt exist in the game files or is spelled wrong(failed to patch). The easy way to fix this is to simply rerun the patch and see if it goes through this time, it works just try again if it fails once.
Q:Got "Failed to open file 'patcher_resources/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' " error, what do i do?
A:As mentioned previously try setting the programs to run as admin, this includes the "quickbms.exe file in the patcher_resources folder (thanks Gattea for the info).
If it keeps failing try also getting rights to the "xxx(X86)\Black Desert Online" folder from properties->Secutiry, this will most likely prevent some "Access denied" and sother problems like this from happening in the future.
Q:What does "File not found" mean(Meta Injector)?
The file name is either spelled wrong or doesn't exist in the game files, a lot of people got confused when after the recent client size reduction patch some files were removed, don't worry it just means a file with that specific name doesn't exist in the game files so it can't be "replaced".
Q:Can i use both resorepless and Meta Injector together?
Yes, there's no reason not to, just remember that if you edited the same file in both of the tools only the last one who did the patching process successfully will take effect in-game, this is specially advised to check if you have an edited partcutdesc.xml in Meta Injector for pearl costumes like Suzu's, as Resorepless makes one every time it's executed and replaces it. Just execute resorepless first or make sure the files one tool changes are not affected by the other.
Q:Can we swap armor models for costumes/other armors etc.?
Currently this is not supported by this forum to prevent PA from blocking the mods as this is the reason "Resorep" stopped working, they patched it because of people replacing armor with the cash shop costumes, so NO, and if you find a way to do so please abstain to share it here.
Q:Why is partcutdesc so mentioned in the posts?
A:This file is used for optimization but has visual effects that would dn't nowmally be seen without mods, this file turns some parts of the character's skin invisible to save resources as these parts wouldn't be seen on the vanilla game, that's why "cutting" a piece of armor to reveal the body usually results in invisible body parts or "holes", the same process applies for clipping through clothes.
Q:Why does my character have "holes" in it after i installed the mod?
A:Your Partcutdesc.xml was not modified to fit the new edited files.
Q:Why does "X" underwear have a black shiny texture?
A:Probably that underwear is using a 3D pubes mod from Suzu's thread but the 3D mesh was not propperly applied.
Q:There are some random spots on my character's skin, how do i fix this?
A:This is the reason "Resorep" stopped working in the first place, the devs made it so that a small dark spot would appear in a random location in the character's skin texture, it can be usually fixed by just relaunching the game

Feel free to ask anything, i may edit this post in the future to include more info but atm this will have to do, also if the question is already answered here don't expect to have a quick answer(seriously just read the thing)
Happy new year

Last edited:

miiicom

Vivacious Visitor
Good reminder and happy new year!

Mod manager now support NONE-TAIWAN server! Here I release mod manager.

Here are a few things: 1.I'm authorized by the maker of Mod manager, so feel free to distribute it.
2.There will be no English version as the software itself targets Taiwan and Mainland China.
3. I did not use Mod manager and nor do I have any mod experience in Black Desert as I'm just a translator. So I can not do trouble shooting for you (The maker said back up pad0000.meta before you want to try it.)
4. Big thanks to BlackFire and Suzu, Great work!
5. 黑沙台服 黑沙宝典论坛 For discussion about Mod Manager and MOD大全 黑沙宝典论坛 For Mods made by other users.
6. So use Google translate.
7. You will find Mod manager useful as it can extract, preview, and repatch so .. keep it to yourself.

Attachments

Last edited:

manowar111

Potential Patron
Hello and Happy New Year!

Can you help please? I removed the kitsune mask with alpha channek from the tamer's yukata but there is some dark spot which I cant remove by editing normal or specular or whatever maps. What can it be?

Attachments

• 2018-01-02_1637934946.JPG
    2018-01-02_1637934946.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 603

Vallil

Swell Supporter
Hello and Happy New Year!

Can you help please? I removed the kitsune mask with alpha channek from the tamer's yukata but there is some dark spot which I cant remove by editing normal or specular or whatever maps. What can it be?
i'd assume it's the game trying to render the "shadow" from the mask, not quite sure how to fix it tho maybe Suzu or some other modder could help, this is not usually asked to be honest

manowar111

Potential Patron
i'd assume it's the game trying to render the "shadow" from the mask, not quite sure how to fix it tho maybe Suzu or some other modder could help, this is not usually asked to be honest

Thanks for answer, I fixed it. But there is one more problem: I want badass biceps for my striker, but when I edit the max values in the customizationboneparamdesc_com.xml it dont change in game customization menu at all, and only biceps, other sliders editing works fine. Anyone experienced this?

safetyseal

Potential Patron
I might be missing a super obvious post, but I read through a bunch of threads here on Undertow, and I cannot find any sort of guide to texture editing for BDO. I'd like to mess around with transparency on Kibelius, and I have the files, I'm not not entirely sure how to make something completely transparent. If anyone could point me to a texture editing guide for BDO texture files, I'd be super greatful.

picts

Vivacious Visitor
可以請問個問題嗎?或許對你們都很簡單,但我可用盡所有方法得不到改善,我用,Resorepless v3.6f把大小的數值那項都改大,但是一經過Meta Injector,注入修改服裝用讓程序決定選項,製作有裸的服裝會出來,但人物變無法調整身體大小,若用從“files_to_patch”文件夾中保留文件和文件夾結構。(推薦)選項則可調整身體大小,但改過的衣服卻沒注入,是原始的,
這到底是那裡出錯呢,我的是TAIWAN的版本,自從某次更新後就變這樣,試過所有方法都不能改善,請懂得的先進們教導一下,感激不盡~~

vinnrazor

Potential Patron
my case is the same as always and i would like to say sorry in advance i case u got pissed off by it lol
so everytime try to change the body size, in the meta injector it say something like "blabla gamecommondata blabla xml"
and failed i would really like this to be done since i dont know, i need bigger stuff ya know

Vallil

Swell Supporter
my case is the same as always and i would like to say sorry in advance i case u got pissed off by it lol
so everytime try to change the body size, in the meta injector it say something like "blabla gamecommondata blabla xml"
and failed i would really like this to be done since i dont know, i need bigger stuff ya know
this post needs to be updated, and for your slider issues don't use the "let program decide" option in meta injector, use the "use file structure" option instead.

Lightstalker

Avid Affiliate
How to get this working with Lahn? In resorepless there is option for Lahn and I turned it on. I see the pearl outfit is nude but there are holes and I don't want to buy it. None of the non-pearl outfits are nude.

Vallil

Swell Supporter
How to get this working with Lahn? In resorepless there is option for Lahn and I turned it on. I see the pearl outfit is nude but there are holes and I don't want to buy it. None of the non-pearl outfits are nude.
the mod should show up as nude for the basic armor you have when spawn in the game for the 1st time (No armor equipped)
if you want to be able to toggle it with gear on you can try using the serendia soldier outfit from quest and use this texture to make it invisible. The texture is shared so it should work for all female classes. paste in the "textures" folder inside files_to_patch

Attachments

pvw_50_ub_0002.dds
152 bytes · Views: 213

J

jewstafario

Hey sorry but I can't seem to patch it, meta injector just fails at patching every single time. Also I can't play the game via restore and patch because it's a Steam account.... What do?

Lightaro

Potential Patron
Hi, I came back to BDO after some time and when I wanted to install mods again this started happening, no idea why. The mod in question is resorepless. Any advice on how to fix that?

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 192

r173ym0n

Potential Patron
i changed some custom options in resorpless since the last time i launched but nothing changed...any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.