Ballerina Zako + Beat Em Up Level (1 Viewer)

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter

Not quite a zako and probably not a real ballerina here, but these clips from the movie Smilla's Sense of Snow are pretty amazing, not to mention bizarrely out of place in an otherwise serious and dark movie. Just goes to show you, maintaining a consistent tone takes a backseat to the director putting his own fetishes on screen.

EDIT - A fun little easter egg is that Julia Ormond, who plays Smilla here, appeared on Mad Men as a sultry older French woman who tells her daughter that "not every little girl gets to do what she wants, the world could not support that many ballerinas." Sorry to say madame, but I think we're going to have to agree to disagree there...

Last edited:

Speculate

Casual Client

Not quite a zako and probably not a real ballerina here, but these clips from the movie Smilla's Sense of Snow are pretty amazing, not to mention bizarrely out of place in an otherwise serious and dark movie. Just goes to show you, maintaining a consistent tone takes a backseat to the director putting his own fetishes on screen.

a-surprise-to-be-sure-star-wars.gif

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
After finding that clip for the first time I went and watched the whole movie hoping that there would be more scenes like this. There weren't, but I was treated to a pretty gripping murder mystery with a stellar cast, so there's that.

I also stumbled upon this clip, the action is good but the actresses are not that attractive and they clearly don't look anything like real ballerinas. Tons of low blows though if that's your thing. There is also this random fan film that I vaguely recall from back in the day, where a big brawl erupts in a dance studio, but I can't for the life of me recall the name of it, though I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Speculate

Casual Client
After finding that clip for the first time I went and watched the whole movie hoping that there would be more scenes like this. There weren't, but I was treated to a pretty gripping murder mystery with a stellar cast, so there's that.

I also stumbled upon this clip, the action is good but the actresses are not that attractive and they clearly don't look anything like real ballerinas. Tons of low blows though if that's your thing. There is also this random fan film that I vaguely recall from back in the day, where a big brawl erupts in a dance studio, but I can't for the life of me recall the name of it, though I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Know a video called "Dancing Class Catfight" or something along those lines that might fit your description. It's this black and white music-ish video on YouTube.

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
Know a video called "Dancing Class Catfight" or something along those lines that might fit your description. It's this black and white music-ish video on YouTube.
Ah yeah I think this one is it:

It's fun for what it is, not sure what exactly it's trying to be or why they completely desaturated the color palette, but the girls are cute and the action is not terrible, especially when they're all squirming in pain on the floor, and while the outfits aren't quite ballet uniforms, dancewear of any kind is good in my book.

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter

This one I'm sure everyone has seen by now. Again, the secretaries are not exactly dancers, but they dress the part and their studio has barres set up and pictures of ballerinas on the walls, so close enough for me.

Speculate

Casual Client
Bored so "made" some quick "art" based on a reddit qa linked on the first post in this thread. Note that none of this artwork is mine, all credit goes to horatiojones80 T.H.I.C.C. for the zako (I just recoloured them because my drawing skills are garbage) and stuff I stole from google images.

Boxing Ballerinas.png

Also if I got a cent from each deleted account on this thread - I'll have two - which isn't a lot but it's weird it happened twice.

Last edited:

Speculate

Casual Client
Ballerina assassins cause why not.

Drew the ballerinas this time, came out better than expected. Used the power of PowerPoint to make whatever this is.

Imagine watching a performance and the ballerinas try to kill you. Fortunately an open stage is not the best place to be in a gunfight.

Attachments

• ballerina zako concealed.png
    ballerina zako concealed.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ballerina zako standing.png
    ballerina zako standing.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 112
  • ballerina zako shooting.png
    ballerina zako shooting.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 98
  • ballerina zako hit.png
    ballerina zako hit.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 97
  • dead ballerina upside.png
    dead ballerina upside.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 100
  • dead ballerina sideview.png
    dead ballerina sideview.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 91
  • dead ballerina back.png
    dead ballerina back.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.