Archive & Game download (Check Here Before Requesting) (1 Viewer)

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Import Master List (Check Here Before Requesting)

owltalon012 said:
Sorry, but I'm getting an error with part 2 of the newest archive.

Using 7zip by the way, it says "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file".

I figured I might have a corrupt file and redownloaded it, but that didn't help.
Extract the contents of zip.001, not zip.002. When you extract the contents of the first archive it extracts the data from the second part as well. Your files are fine. You get this error because you're attempting to access the contents of the first archive from the second archive, it doesn't work backwards.

owltalon012

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
owltalon012 said:
Sorry, but I'm getting an error with part 2 of the newest archive.

Using 7zip by the way, it says "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file".

I figured I might have a corrupt file and redownloaded it, but that didn't help.
Extract the contents of zip.001, not zip.002. When you extract the contents of the first archive it extracts the data from the second part as well. Your files are fine. You get this error because you're attempting to access the contents of the first archive from the second archive, it doesn't work backwards.
Ah thanks, it worked.

30johner

Potential Patron

You know the archive has two of the same series, .hack and Hack Sign are the same thing and the only hair in hack sign is also in .hack(the subaru hair). So the hack sign folder should be deleted.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

30johner said:
You know the archive has two of the same series, .hack and Hack Sign are the same thing and the only hair in hack sign is also in .hack(the subaru hair). So the hack sign folder should be deleted.
That's actually a relic of the original archive. I've fixed it for the next archive. Also, the Subaru hair that is in the archive probably shouldn't work anyways.

30johner

Potential Patron

Another thing. The Anri hairs in yugioh should be in durarara!.

T

ThatBenderGuy

Ok It won't decompress with 7zip, whenever I try to decompress it says "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before beginning of the file"
and then it doesn't decompress. please help

EDIT:
Derp, i feel stupid, I was trying to decompress starting with the .zip.002 lol started it with .zip.001 and it worked.

greeny727

Potential Patron

I still cannot get it to work. every time it says the output folder is invalid etc. and yes i opened the 001 first. :/
i would honestly be okay with one large file. at least that way I know it would work for me...

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

greeny727 said:
I still cannot get it to work. every time it says the output folder is invalid etc. and yes i opened the 001 first. :/
i would honestly be okay with one large file. at least that way I know it would work for me...
Are you using 7zip? Are you messing with 002 at all? Are you trying to output it to a folder that is invalid?

You need 7zip.
You need NOT mess with 002, it just needs to exist.

greeny727

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
greeny727 said:
Are you using 7zip? Are you messing with 002 at all? Are you trying to output it to a folder that is invalid?

You need 7zip.

yes i am using 7zip. no i am not touching 002. it seems to unpack fine but its when i try to open the unpacked file im told its invalid

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

greeny727 said:
Anonymous said:
greeny727 said:

You need 7zip.

yes i am using 7zip. no i am not touching 002. it seems to unpack fine but its when i try to open the unpacked file im told its invalid
Can you tell me the exact file sizes of the 2 archives? Also, is this with all files, or certain specific files won't open?

sohawt69

Potential Patron

I can't open the file either. Every time I unzip it with Zzip it says its invalid when I try to open it. I'd be fine with one huge file.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

sohawt69 said:
I can't open the file either. Every time I unzip it with Zzip it says its invalid when I try to open it. I'd be fine with one huge file.
What file? What is the exact size of your .001 and .002?

Bertinan

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
sohawt69 said:

I'm having the same problem. My files are 341,797 kb and 249,336 respectively.

When I try to extract .001 it gives me a single .rar file that is the same size. If I try the .002 file it gives me an error message saying "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file." I've downloaded both files twice and still have the same issue. I am using .7zip, though I tried winzip as well.

It seems as if the .001 file won't hook the .002 file for some reason.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

Bertinan said:
Anonymous said:
sohawt69 said:

When I try to extract .001 it gives me a single .rar file that is the same size. If I try the .002 file it gives me an error message saying "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file." I've downloaded both files twice and still have the same issue. I am using .7zip, though I tried winzip as well.

What on earth? How are you getting a single .rar file? I can't even create .rar files.

Open the .001 file with 7zip, Open it with the 7zFM.exe (7-zip File Manager).
Then click Extract. Click ok.

If you are getting a single .rar file something is going wrong.

Which site(s) did you use to download the files? I used to have a site give the downloader a .txt/gif file no matter what, got rid of those fools pretty quick. Shouldn't be the problem since I've been using these sites for a while. But I'll try to duplicate your problems.

EDIT: Also, I completely forgot, but I uploaded a single file of the archive earlier and forgot to update the links. So now you have another option if you see fit, I will not however upload said archive to more than one host, sorry.

Bertinan

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
Bertinan said:
Anonymous said:
sohawt69 said:

What on earth? How are you getting a single .rar file? I can't even create .rar files.

Open the .001 file with 7zip, Open it with the 7zFM.exe (7-zip File Manager).
Then click Extract. Click ok.

If you are getting a single .rar file something is going wrong.

Which site(s) did you use to download the files? I used to have a site give the downloader a .txt/gif file no matter what, got rid of those fools pretty quick. Shouldn't be the problem since I've been using these sites for a while. But I'll try to duplicate your problems.

EDIT: Also, I completely forgot, but I uploaded a single file of the archive earlier and forgot to update the links. So now you have another option if you see fit, I will not however upload said archive to more than one host, sorry.

Yeah, I'm as confused as you are. I tried all the sites, both files, and it still does the same thing. I might have some dll or something vital missing, though I've never encountered anything like this before...

Thanks for the single file, I'll try it out, thanks.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

New archive v9.1 added. No third site this time as the file host isn't letting me upload right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.