Archive & Game download (Check Here Before Requesting) (2 Viewers)

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
24K said:
.001 can be related to a program called HJ Split or Mastersplitter.
But it's not. It's used for 7zip. If HJSplit works for you, good, but I don't endorse it as I'm told it doesn't work with my files.

J

Jenneke

btc said:
Can't extract it either, tried with 7zip and WinRAR

Same issue, it has to do with the file extension, I can post the technical reasons if needed, but I'll pass for now.

Two possible solutions:
A (preferably combined with B): Re-zip the files in WinRAR and tell it to split it into two files, then upload those.

B: Post instructions for those with shall we say, reduced technical aptitude.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Jenneke said:
btc said:
Can't extract it either, tried with 7zip and WinRAR

Same issue, it has to do with the file extension, I can post the technical reasons if needed, but I'll pass for now.

Two possible solutions:
A (preferably combined with B): Re-zip the files in WinRAR and tell it to split it into two files, then upload those.

B: Post instructions for those with shall we say, reduced technical aptitude.
Ok.

1) Download 7-zip.
2) Install 7-zip
3) Follow 7-zip installation instructions from their website.
4) Download Anonymous Archive v#.#.zip.001
5) Verify that the filesize of your downloaded file matches the filesize listed on the download site.
6) Download Anonymous Archive v#.#.zip.002
7) Verify that the filesize of your downloaded file matches the filesize listed on the download site.
8) Right click on Anonymous Archive v#.#.zip.001 > 7-zip > Extract to "Anonymous Archive v#.#"
9) ????
10) Profit.

btc

Potential Patron
Same problem with the new archive.

If you open .001 using 7zip and extract that it shows it as 325~ megs, it will extract out as a file that winRAR recognizes, but obvious 325~ megs is only half of it and predictably you can't access any of the files because its half missing.

If you open .002 using 7zip, it shows up as 688~ megs, if you try to extract you get an error "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file", which I'm just guessing means it went looking for .001 and couldn't find it.

A zipped file that winRAR won't immediately figure out is a first for me. I've had files broken up before like this and had no problems.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
btc said:
Same problem with the new archive.

If you open .001 using 7zip and extract that it shows it as 325~ megs, it will extract out as a file that winRAR recognizes, but obvious 325~ megs is only half of it and predictably you can't access any of the files because its half missing.

If you open .002 using 7zip, it shows up as 688~ megs, if you try to extract you get an error "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file", which I'm just guessing means it went looking for .001 and couldn't find it.

A zipped file that winRAR won't immediately figure out is a first for me. I've had files broken up before like this and had no problems.
You can not use WinRAR, CAN NOT, as in "WinRAR is a piece of shit".

.001 should be 325,000,000 bytes (309MB)
.002 should be 290,328,584 bytes (279MB)

I made it very simple. Right click on the file, from that drop down menu you should have a sub-menu for 7-zip, where you proceed to click Extract to "Anonymous Archive v#.#"

btc

Potential Patron
That's what I'm doing.

.001 extracts to a sub folder as a single compressed file in a subfolder in the same directory.

Can't do a thing with .002, it can't be extracted and extracting .001 doesn't seem to pick it up.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
btc said:
That's what I'm doing.

.001 extracts to a sub folder as a single compressed file in a subfolder in the same directory.

Can't do a thing with .002, it can't be extracted and extracting .001 doesn't seem to pick it up.
Then you are doing something wrong, or using the wrong files. I'll have to download the archive myself and see if maybe the file host is breaking my files like that one host.

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Same thing happened to me.

But only when you drag and drop or open file from 7zip.

Right click on the 001 and then do it from that menu.

Thee Pie Man

Potential Patron

btc

Potential Patron
Well I figured out what the problem was. Apparently you need to DL them both from the same host. If you get one from the first and one from the second, it doesn't work.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
btc said:
Well I figured out what the problem was. Apparently you need to DL them both from the same host. If you get one from the first and one from the second, it doesn't work.
Well that's just stupid. I'm going to post an md5sum for my files as well, that way you can easily verify that you have the full proper file. I don't know why I never thought of that before.

Also good catch on the typo PieMan.

Tinith

Potential Patron
Well the hosts in use are kind of poor, bulletupload keeps failing to download part 1 and rapidgator just keeps sayng you're downloading already even hours after the download is done.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Tinith said:
Well the hosts in use are kind of poor, bulletupload keeps failing to download part 1 and rapidgator just keeps sayng you're downloading already even hours after the download is done.
There really aren't that many options left.

Tinith

Potential Patron
Well given SDT is a parody in effect it shouldn't be disallowed by any ToS, however given the traffic I have no doubt this would create you could try Mirror Creator I suppose. Given you'd generate more than 50 downloaders per file you'd be able to upload files the size of 500mb by getting a free upgrade, of course until then it is limited to 200mb.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Tinith said:
Well given SDT is a parody in effect it shouldn't be disallowed by any ToS, however given the traffic I have no doubt this would create you could try Mirror Creator I suppose. Given you'd generate more than 50 downloaders per file you'd be able to upload files the size of 500mb by getting a free upgrade, of course until then it is limited to 200mb.
It doesn't violate copyright infringement, but it does violate many obscenity rules.

Tinith

Potential Patron
Then perhaps the answer is to break the archive into segments, the main bulk of the download is the hair, mods and etc. So those could be hosted on any of the mainstream hosting sites while the more obscene parts could be packaged and hosted on sites that allow them.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Tinith said:
Then perhaps the answer is to break the archive into segments, the main bulk of the download is the hair, mods and etc. So those could be hosted on any of the mainstream hosting sites while the more obscene parts could be packaged and hosted on sites that allow them.
Everything in the archive is located either here or the sdtbooru. So uploading individual hairs online already exists... it does seem that no one is downloading the archive from rapidgator, so I'll try to look for another alternate location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.