Archeage Armor Texture Modding Question (1 Viewer)

Exgenesis

Content Creator
Hey All,

<My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or if this thread is in the wrong place.>

Does anyone know how the original nude textures were created such that they can be cleanly imported back into the game with the importer that is being distributed with the mods various mods.

I ask because I am interested in doing some selective armor modding and I wanted to know the right photoshop settings for saving the image out so that it is exactly the same file size as the original file so that it can be reimported. Even a small difference in size can prevent the import from failing, and I assume there is a problem with the settings I am using.

I just got photoshop with the nvidia plugins. Any tips, such as DTX settings, mip maps, super sampling, etc, so that I can make some portions of armor transparent and retain the same file size and settings?

Someone figured this out as the original nude texture was created that imported cleanly.

I'm curious about attempting the same thing on a few armors.

Thanks in Advance,

-Exgenesis

NotMe

Content Creator
Hey All,

<My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or if this thread is in the wrong place.>

Does anyone know how the original nude textures were created such that they can be cleanly imported back into the game with the importer that is being distributed with the mods various mods.

I ask because I am interested in doing some selective armor modding and I wanted to know the right photoshop settings for saving the image out so that it is exactly the same file size as the original file so that it can be reimported. Even a small difference in size can prevent the import from failing, and I assume there is a problem with the settings I am using.

I just got photoshop with the nvidia plugins. Any tips, such as DTX settings, mip maps, super sampling, etc, so that I can make some portions of armor transparent and retain the same file size and settings?

Someone figured this out as the original nude texture was created that imported cleanly.

I'm curious about attempting the same thing on a few armors.

Thanks in Advance,

-Exgenesis
The way I did it was by saving it normally as the same DTX type as the original texture, and then using a HEX editor to delete the last bytes, reducing it to the original size.

Exgenesis

Content Creator
Thanks taking the time to reply RogueD. It will be fun to break out a hex editor. Like the good old days of hacking Ultima V and Star Control.

The way I did it was by saving it normally as the same DTX type as the original texture, and then using a HEX editor to delete the last bytes, reducing it to the original size.

One solution I am considering may be to pick a test case (like nude_n_df.dds) and to compare your version with mine after I save mine out. It should be (hopefully) pretty straightforward to see which bytes you removed.

Thanks for the tips!

-exgenesis

- - - Updated - - -

I would add just for the sake of the community who is interested in a individual armor mod that based on my current digging, such a mod is highly impractical. Fortunately, the existing mods for this game that have been put out are fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exgenesis

Content Creator
Thanks RogueDemon! That helped me figure it out.

For anyone who wants to know the trick, PM me. I have a sneaking suspicion that the DDS were intentionally broken to prevent opening them in photoshop, now that I see what was done to them. </tin_foil_hat>

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.