Animtools is not working (1 Viewer)

Mr_koozit

Potential Patron
Im trying to setup animtools as loadermode, i followed the guide but in it was am missing files like animtoolsV12.swf, i tried copying a file called animtoolsV26.fla that was in the source folder but that dosent work too. does anybody know what to do?

This is my animtools folder:
Screenshot (39).png Screenshot (40).png

This is my loader folder:
Screenshot (41).png

This is where i copied animtoolsV26.fla and animtoolsV12settings.txt:
Screenshot (42).png

Rudgar

Content Creator
Oh my ... where shall I start? :wink: (Edit: this was meant to be kidding, that's why I put the winking smiley there)
Well, first of all you obviously did not follow (or understand) the guide, but I hope I can explain in simple words how to save your situation:
  1. you don't need any *.swa files at all. You can delete them.
  2. you need the animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].swf and
  3. you need the animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].txt
  4. place thefile animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].swf in the subfolder Mods\$INIT of your loader folder
    = Mods\$INIT\animtoolsV26.swf
  5. place thefile animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].txt in the subfolder Settings of your loader folder
    = Settings\animtoolsV26.txt
  6. add the following line
    Code:
    animtoolsV26.swf
    somewhere in the middle of the file Mods.txt in the subbolder Mods\$INIT of your loader folder
    = Mods\$INIT \Mods.txt
HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

Mr_koozit

Potential Patron
Oh my ... where shall I start? :wink:
Well, first of all you obviously did not follow (or understand) the guide, but I hope I can explain in simple words how to save your situation:
  1. you don't need any *.swa files at all. You can delete them.
  2. you need the animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].swf and
  3. you need the animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].txt
  4. place thefile animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].swf in the subfolder Mods\$INIT of your loader folder
    = Mods\$INIT \animtoolsV26.swf
  5. place thefile animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].txt in the subfolder Settings of your loader folder
    = Settings\animtoolsV26.txt
  6. add the following line
    Code:
    animtoolsV26.swf
    somewhere in the middle of the file Mods.txt in the subbolder Mods\$INIT of your loader folder
    = Mods\$INIT \Mods.txt
HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar
I dont have animtoolsV.swf or a animtoolsV.txt, you can in the screenshots what i have, is it on another folder? can you show me where it's supposed to be?

Rudgar

Content Creator
Not the sharpest tool in the box, hm? (Edit: this one wasn't necessary - sorry for that)
I dont have animtoolsV.swf or a animtoolsV.txt, you can in the screenshots what i have, is it on another folder? can you show me where it's supposed to be?
When I write:

animtoolsV[currentversionnumber].swf

I mean to replace [currentversionnumber] with the current version number, so the real filenames are:

animtoolsV26.swf
animtoolsV26.txt

I was almost expecting this and that's why wrote the real filenames in a second line after the "=" (even marked them red now)

HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

Rudgar

Content Creator
Are you sure you can handle a computer? (Edit: this one wasn't necessary, too - sorry for that, too)

I bet you have the files. I just downloaded the mod by myself and found animtoolsV26.txt in the root folder of the unpacked zip-file
Clipboard02.png

and the animtoolsV26.swf in the subfolder source
Clipboard03.png

HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
It's the file called "animtoolsV26" in the "source" folder you need. Your file extensions are hidden, so you don't see the .swf ending.

Mr_koozit

Potential Patron
Are you sure you can handle a computer?

I bet you have the files. I just downloaded the mod by myself and found animtoolsV26.txt in the root folder of the unpacked zip-file
View attachment 90416

and the animtoolsV26.swf in the subfolder source
View attachment 90417

HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar
I did it and it's still dosent work, im pressing the buttons that are supposed to open the menu or roll an position and nothing happnes

Rudgar

Content Creator
I did it and it's still dosent work, im pressing the buttons that are supposed to open the menu or roll an position and nothing happnes
Did you finally place the required files at the correct locations and did you edit the file Mods.txt?

Rudgar

Content Creator
yes and it dosent work
Well, to me it still looks like a "pebcak" aka "runtime error 55" *shrugs* sorry, tough luck, can't help it. (Edit: sorry, I was pretty much frustrated, but I could have written this more polite though, maybe like:)
Well, but it should work, though.
I give up, sorry for being unable to help you.

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
where shall I start?
Not the sharpest tool in the box, hm?
Are you sure you can handle a computer?
*shrugs* sorry, tough luck, can't help it.

Respectfully, Rudgar
This is the second time I've seen you not even read the thread and give the OP shit for no reason. If you're just going to insult people and be unhelpful then please stop replying to help threads.

im pressing the buttons that are supposed to open the menu or roll an position and nothing happnes

Please confirm that Animtools is being loaded.

If you're not seeing what's in this screen shot try clicking those little white buttons with light arrows on them in the bottom left. If you still don't see the animtools page you have not installed it correctly.

Click the red 'keys' button and the Animtools interface should pop up. Now editmode is actually enable and your keys should work.

0bc8yPL.png

Rudgar

Content Creator
This is the second time I've seen you[...]
Oh, I wasn't aware that someone's counting ...
Did you also count how many times I tried to help others in total?

[...] you not even read the thread and give the OP shit for no reason. [...]
If you would heave read the OP actually as well as the answers to my explanations, you would maybe see that there are actually more than "no" reasons to get frustrated.

[...] If you're just going to insult people and be unhelpful [...]
You quoted one single "insulting" line from four of my posting, ignoring all the other lines trying to explain patiently in most simple words how he could fix his situation. Begging your pardon for not being aware that all these other lines are just "unhelpful". At least I tried being helpful. With more than one line.

[...] then please stop replying to help threads.
Oh, trust me: after realizing that the attempt to help in some cases is nothing but waste of time, i will stop replying. Promised.

Now to sum up:
I admit that I was not that polite as I mabye could have been - sorry for that.
Also sorry in case someone seriously feels insulted.
And most importantly: Thank you, The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow , for pointing out my misbehaviour. I woudn't have a chance to better my manners without such hints.
Blame me for being a sometimes rude German.
But don't blame for not sincerly trying to be helpful.

Rudgar

Last edited:

Mr_koozit

Potential Patron
Oh, I wasn't aware that someone's counting ...
Did you also count how many times I tried to help others in total?

If you would heave read the OP actually as well as the answers to my explanations, you would maybe see that there are actually more than "no" reasons to get frustrated.

You quoted one single "insulting" line from four of my posting, ignoring all the other lines trying to explain patiently in most simple words how he could fix his situation. Begging your pardon for not being aware that all these other lines are just "unhelpful". At least I tried being helpful. With more than one line.

Oh, trust me: after realizing that the attempt to help in some cases is nothing but waste of time, i will stop replying. Promised.

Now to sum up:
I admit that I was not that polite as I mabye could have been - sorry for that.
Also sorry in case someone seriously feels insulted.
And most importantly: Thank you, The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow , for pointing out my misbehaviour. I woudn't have a chance to better my manners without such hints.
Blame me for being a sometimes rude German.
But don't blame for not sincerly trying to be helpful.

Rudgar
I was able to fix it, thanks for the help

Rudgar

Content Creator
I was able to fix it, thanks for the help
You're welcome ... and sorry for "maybe" being a bit bold/rude yesterday. It wasnt' my best day and you hit unintentionally some red buttons on my side. Please accept my apologies.
Glad you made it in the end - enjoy the game!

Respectfully, Rudgar

Last edited:

Mr_koozit

Potential Patron
... and sorry for "maybe" being a bit mold/rude yesterday. It wasnt' my best day and you hit unintentionally some red buttons on my side. Please accept my apologies.
Glad you made it in the end - enjoy the game!

Respectfully, Rudgar
I accept your apology its fine

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I've been following this thread and was getting concerned about some comments that were rude. If the behavior had continued action would have been taken.

HOWEVER, since an apology was issued and accepted, I am not taking action.

Members are reminded that the first of our rules specifically states
"Conduct

Be kind to thy fellow perv

I know some days it's not easy, but try to follow the golden rule. If at any point you feel upset or annoyed, take a step back and reassess the situation."

Link to site rules is in my siggie.
Please use the site REPORT funciton to report posts that contain rude/insulting comments.

Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.