animtools help (1 Viewer)

quadingo

Potential Patron
I installed animtools and did most of the required things in the setup guide.

I'm stuck on the part where it says load the Mod Folders.exe, as I double click it but nothing really happens.

Also, whenever I open the Loader now, it says there is an error loading SDT.swf.

karlpaws

Potential Patron
modfolders.exe should only generate a characterfolders.txt file listing the various folders you have in the mods folder. you can edit the txt at any time to remove folders you dont want or add in any you might create (or just run the exe again)

not sure, but do you have the loader and sdt.swfs in the same folder?

quadingo

Potential Patron
Yes, I have the loader and SDT in the same folder.

I also however, added animtools position files to the settings folder. Also, I tried checking the Mod Folders there's no characterfolders.txt inside or anything like that.

karlpaws

Potential Patron
was the modfolders exe inside the Mods folder or in the same folder as sdt and loader? It should be in the Mods folder.

you can create your own characterfolders.txt file with notepad, and just list, one entry per line

Name To Show In Loader:name_of_folderWithCapitals and probably spaces

here's a couple of mine:

A Pair of Damsels:pair_of_damsels
Camp BJ:CampC-BJ
Maid Fun:5_girls_floral

(the last one was a project that changed courses partway through and I renamed it in the list instead of changing the folder name)

Putting the position files in settings is where they go by default, though the later animtools and dialogactions (forget which) can pull them from elsewhere as well. (typically the same folder as the animtools.swf is, either the character folder or INIT)

If nothing else works, I'd just open the zip you downloaded for the loader, and extract the loader and sdf swfs again.... just in case something modified them that shouldn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.