Advanced dialogue settings (1 Viewer)

RC

Potential Patron
AaRL said:
RC said:
AaRL said:
Man Ive been out of the dialogue loop too long...

Is anyone willing to upload a sample dialogue explaining the new advanced techniques? I'm having trouble following Kona's explanation (and others) of it. It would work better for me in practice to see a short simple dialogue containing the strings and variables. Also a quick explanation of what this can actually do for dialogue would be helpful. (Trigger certain lines with certain actions? / Making certain appear more than others? Hidden dialogue if other dialogue triggers have been met? Stuff like that if that what this latest feature does.)

Also, on a side note. It doesn't help that the actual in game help contained within the dialogue editor doesn't have anything on this latest feature...

I will soon release a new very big dialogue with all the different new tricks you can do with the new system.

Thanks RC for doing this. I just hope this new system doesn't break older dialogues... but I think it has.

Some older dialogues and the larger ones (ie Booster's Hypno Series) take some time to load, where in earlier versions it was instant. Even my own which arent that large at all take 2-3 seconds to load. In this day and age, it should not take 2-3 seconds to load a 20-30kb size file in ANY system.

Also, some characters it seems are no longer valid thus making incorrect dialogue display, none at all, or just stopped all together. The effected dialogue still displays using the in game editor but not in game play itself. I'm still testing various dialogues to get a better feel. I'm guessing this has to do with the new system regarding strings and variables but I don't know since I don't understand the latest dialogue system.

I'm hoping Kona returns here to address it, but given his visits to the forum, we can probably hope to see him some time in 2014 unless the Mayans are right... (lol)

Old dialogues that use Mood changes are not longer working.

And yes, something must be made to reduce the lag. I have a big script and sections of it are simply not triggered but it takes too long to search. (It's not because of syntax/grammar, I've tested that.)

I'm kinda getting mad at the system because of that... It makes testing very hard and the use of mods impossible.

Anyway, I will probably release the first imperfect version tonight and correct it after.

I must warn you that my dialogue is kinda... euhm.. hardcore to say the least.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
RC said:
AaRL said:
RC said:
AaRL said:

Is anyone willing to upload a sample dialogue explaining the new advanced techniques? I'm having trouble following Kona's explanation (and others) of it. It would work better for me in practice to see a short simple dialogue containing the strings and variables. Also a quick explanation of what this can actually do for dialogue would be helpful. (Trigger certain lines with certain actions? / Making certain appear more than others? Hidden dialogue if other dialogue triggers have been met? Stuff like that if that what this latest feature does.)

Also, on a side note. It doesn't help that the actual in game help contained within the dialogue editor doesn't have anything on this latest feature...

I will soon release a new very big dialogue with all the different new tricks you can do with the new system.

Thanks RC for doing this. I just hope this new system doesn't break older dialogues... but I think it has.

Some older dialogues and the larger ones (ie Booster's Hypno Series) take some time to load, where in earlier versions it was instant. Even my own which arent that large at all take 2-3 seconds to load. In this day and age, it should not take 2-3 seconds to load a 20-30kb size file in ANY system.

Also, some characters it seems are no longer valid thus making incorrect dialogue display, none at all, or just stopped all together. The effected dialogue still displays using the in game editor but not in game play itself. I'm still testing various dialogues to get a better feel. I'm guessing this has to do with the new system regarding strings and variables but I don't know since I don't understand the latest dialogue system.

I'm hoping Kona returns here to address it, but given his visits to the forum, we can probably hope to see him some time in 2014 unless the Mayans are right... (lol)

And yes, something must be made to reduce the lag. I have a big script and sections of it are simply not triggered but it takes too long to search. (It's not because of syntax/grammar, I've tested that.)

I'm kinda getting mad at the system because of that... It makes testing very hard and the use of mods impossible.

Anyway, I will probably release the first imperfect version tonight and correct it after.

Meaning mood changes in line. Like from Happy to Angry written out as:
"[HAPPY_MOOD]I will now get mad. [ANGRY_MOOD]See?"
No longer work?

Ok, so I guess its not just me with the lag issuse. Also noticed a tan bug that has already been reported elsewhere.

Ill just wait for your upload. Content doesnt matter and view it sometime over the weekend before I ask a thousand ?s. Guess it seems its dialogues turn with the break bug instead of the imports or other swf mods. THANKS AGAIN!

RC

Potential Patron
AaRL said:
RC said:
AaRL said:
RC said:
AaRL said:

Meaning mood changes in line. Like from Happy to Angry written out as:
"[HAPPY_MOOD]I will now get mad. [ANGRY_MOOD]See?"
No longer work?

Ok, so I guess its not just me with the lag issuse. Also noticed a tan bug that has already been reported elsewhere.

Ill just wait for your upload. Content doesnt matter and view it sometime over the weekend before I ask a thousand ?s. Guess it seems its dialogues turn with the break bug instead of the imports or other swf mods. THANKS AGAIN!

That's still working. What is not working is the "mood":"happy" condition.
And btw, dialogue is up.

Jeff

Avid Affiliate
I noticed the game lags now when once a dialogue is loaded, and if a hardcoded condition (say, pre_cum or first_dt) has more than a few (like maybe 4 or 5?) possible lines, then it just sorta skips the checks JSON and plays lines for that section randomly as if I hadn't used the the checks while other sections in the same dialogue do perform the checks normally, both before and after the ones wrongly skipped.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Already grabbed it. Like I said the content doesn't bother me. Thanks again.

As for the new system, Im still a bit confused. I don't understand what any of this ({"check":{"chap":"intro","introcount":"<=4"},"set":{"introcount":"+1"}}) actually means or does for the dialogue system. It looks like an advanced dialogue tree that can be achieved with the system that was already in place to begin with.

From someone getting back in the loop or who is totally new to SDT/Dialogue making... seeing this for the first time could be over whelming. Its like writing programing scripts now. Way over complicated IMO.

Though what has me more bugged, when the dialogue system was first introduced, Kona barely explained how it worked on the blog with an incomplete description about triggers and what have you. It was trial and error for a long time and was never really addressed again on the blog. I hope this isnt the case with this new system if it stays in place. I was hoping Kona released an official dialogue explaining the new system in greater detail with an actual dialogue, much like the default ones in place.

Suddenly, dialogues became overly complicated....

ModGuy

Content Creator
I wonder how difficult it would be to write a visual dialogue editor?
You'd write entity lines, click a few buttons to insert commands such as mood or whatever, and link them together flowchart style.
You could link by a straight line progression or a conditional jump, using the logic provided.

Hmmm..
Would have to learn dialogues first and that seems boring.

Good job anyway Kona, nice to see some creativity in extending the dialogues.
I thought you'd have scrapped the old format and made something completely new.

RC

Potential Patron
AaRL said:

You can still write dialogues the old way, with no special system condition and triggers. They aren't needed.
Just put intro:"Blah Blah" and that's it.

DarkVioletMoonRay

Vivacious Visitor
rage

My Angii and Banshii mods aren't working anymore. Konashion's new system changes must've f-ed up the body layer somehow. :L More specifically, the Body Modding Back Movie Clip Area. The Wings now only show the beginning parts:

Attachments

• RAEG.png
    RAEG.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 301

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
RC said:
AaRL said:

You can still write dialogues the old way, with no special system condition and triggers. They aren't needed.
Just put intro:"Blah Blah" and that's it.

Well thats good to know, but I would like the new system explained a bit better for my taste. As for breaking mods amoung other things through the various updates, I wonder why no update log was kept. Similar to Mod Guys Loader, ever release has an update of what was changed, effected and other notes since day one...

pinosante

Potential Patron
Hi everyone,

I tried making a simple example dialogue for AaRL and others, to show some of the new features, including using name variables inside lines. But it doesn't quite work as expected. I have the feeling that after an ejaculation, the "initial values" are reset. Is that correct? At least for the string variables. For the number counters it doesn't seem to matter.

Here is the code:
Code:
dialogue_name:"Advanced Dialogue Test"

all:"CLEAR"

initial_settings:{"chapter":"introduction", "characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}

intro:"Hi, this is an example of the new features of the advanced dialogue. [intro1]"{"check":{"chapter":"introduction"}, "set":{"chapter":"innocent"}}
intro1:"The old dialogue stuff just works like before.[intro2]"
intro2:"But now you can also add advanced coding to make dialogue branches, tests, etc. [intro3]"
intro3:"The first cool trick is that you can change variables/names.[intro4]"
intro4:"Right now, I'm an innocent little girl. So that's how I'll be called. But after I have deepthroated, I'll be called deepthroat whore.[intro5]"
intro5:"To make things even better, once you cum on my face, I'll be called a cum slut. If you cum in my mouth, a cum drinker.[intro6]"
intro6:"Have fun! Btw, you should als notice that the dialogue changes after you have let me deepthroat you or cum on my face / or in my mouth."

general:"God, I know I am this *characterdescription*, but do I love to suck dick." {"check":{"characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}
general:"Well, Mr., I don't really know you, so I still don't understand why I am sucking your dick. But it sure is fun! *giggles*" {"check":{"characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}
general:"Do you like it when this *characterdescription* sucks on your dick?" {"check":{"characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}

general:"Oh, please can you plaster my face again with your cum? I love being your little *characterdescription*." {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
general:"Mister, I love having your cum on my face and to lick it off with my fingers... Hurry up, please!" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
general:"I never knew that I was such a dirty *characterdescription*. *giggle*. Please cum on my face again!" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}

cum_on_face:"Do you like that, cumming on the face of this *characterdescription*?" {"set":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"},"set":{"cumonfacecount":"+1"}}
cum_on_face:"Oh wow mister, this is the first time that someone ever came on my face... I think I like it! It's so warm! *giggles*" {"check":{"cumonfacecount":"0"}, "set":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"},"set":{"cumonfacecount":"+1"}}
cum_on_face:"I love being your *characterdescription*, mister :). *wink*" {"set":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"},"set":{"cumonfacecount":"+1"}}

cum_in_mouth:"Oh that feels good. I love it that you are my *characterdescription*, receiving my cum in that tight little mouth of yours." {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"},"set":{"cuminmouth":"+1"}}
cum_in_mouth:"Here you go *characterdescription*... Your first load of cum right into that whore mouth of yours..." {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"},"check":{"cuminmouth":"0"}}
cum_in_mouth:"Don't you love drinking my wad, *characterdescription*? Hehe. Thought so." {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"},"set":{"cuminmouth":"+1"}}

first_dt:"[WINCE][COUGH]Wow, I deepthroated that whole dick of yours into my throat! Don't you love your *characterdescription*? *giggles*" {"set":{"throatsize":"2"}}
first_throat:"Yes! I felt your dick hitting my throat. That is so sexy! I'm getting all wet. *giggles*" {"set":{"throatsize":"1"}, "set":{"characterdescription":"deepthroat whore"}}

general:"Oh mister, I am really ready for your dick now that I have had at the back of my throat! Yummy!" {"check":{"throatsize":"2"}}
general:"Oh mister, I wish I could deepthroat your dick. It's so big and beautiful. Please push it in as deep as you can!" {"check":{"throatsize":"<2"}}
general:"Please push your dick hard in my mouth, I want it to hit my throat. I have never done that before!" {"check":{"throatsize":"0"}}

pre_cum:"I feel your dick throbbing... Are you going to cum for your *characterdescription*?"
pre_cum:"Oh I feel you're almost cumming! Please, cum on my face again. I love being your little *characterdescription*" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
pre_cum:"Oh, I feel that you are almost bursting! Please let me drink your cum, I love being your *characterdescription*" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"}}

What the dialogue should do, is make the *characterdescription* change according to whether she deepthroated, drank cum or had cum on her face. But the *characterdescription* keeps resetting to "innocent little girl"... Any idea what is the matter?

N

nex.crimen

*Edit 2* I apogise for the shear number of edits involved in this post, but I the below method works for everything except the cuminmouth script which breaks
*Edit* Tested it in the loader, the initial_settings where the problem replace
Code:
initial_settings:{"chapter":"introduction", "characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}
with
Code:
{"initial_settings":{"chapter":"introduction", "characterdescription":"innocent little
girl"}}

I'll keep the rest of my post in spoiler tags for any that wish to read it.

After a little Testing, I believe I've discovered the problem. Multiple sets, It seems as though multiple sets in the same sentence muddle your code.

I've attempted creating varibles within the Initial_settings for both "cumonfacecount" and "cuminmouth" but sadly that turned up nothing.

I'd suggest trying substitutions to get around this restriction (if it is one). Here's the code that I got working
Code:
dialogue_name:"Advanced Dialogue Test"

{"initial_settings":{"chapter":"introduction", "characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}

intro:"Hi, this is an example of the new features of the advanced dialogue. [intro1]"{"check":{"chapter":"introduction"}, "set":{"chapter":"innocent"}}
intro1:"The old dialogue stuff just works like before.[intro2]"
intro2:"But now you can also add advanced coding to make dialogue branches, tests, etc. [intro3]"
intro3:"The first cool trick is that you can change variables/names.[intro4]"
intro4:"Right now, I'm an innocent little girl. So that's how I'll be called. But after I have deepthroated, I'll be called deepthroat whore.[intro5]"
intro5:"To make things even better, once you cum on my face, I'll be called a cum slut. If you cum in my mouth, a cum drinker.[intro6]"
intro6:"Have fun! Btw, you should als notice that the dialogue changes after you have let me deepthroat you or cum on my face / or in my mouth."

general:"God, I know I am this *characterdescription*, but do I love to suck dick." {"check":{"characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}
general:"Well, Mr., I don't really know you, so I still don't understand why I am sucking your dick. But it sure is fun! *giggles*" {"check":{"characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}
general:"Do you like it when this *characterdescription* sucks on your dick?" {"check":{"characterdescription":"innocent little girl"}}

general:"Oh, please can you plaster my face again with your cum? I love being your little *characterdescription*." {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
general:"Mister, I love having your cum on my face and to lick it off with my fingers... Hurry up, please!" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
general:"I never knew that I was such a dirty *characterdescription*. *giggle*. Please cum on my face again!" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}

cum_on_face:"Do you like that, cumming on the face of this *characterdescription*?" {"set":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
cum_on_face:"Oh wow mister, this is the first time that someone ever came on my face... I think I like it! It's so warm! *giggles*" {"check":{"cumonfacecount":"0"}, "set":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
cum_on_face:"I love being your *characterdescription*, mister :). *wink*" {"set":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}

cum_in_mouth:"Oh that feels good. I love it that you are my *characterdescription*, receiving my cum in that tight little mouth of yours." {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"}}

cum_in_mouth:"Here you go *characterdescription*... Your first load of cum right into that whore mouth of yours..." {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"},"check":{"cuminmouth":"0"}}

cum_in_mouth:"Don't you love drinking my wad, *characterdescription*? Hehe. Thought so." {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"}}

first_dt:"[WINCE][COUGH]Wow, I deepthroated that whole dick of yours into my throat! Don't you love your *characterdescription*? *giggles*" {"set":{"throatsize":"2"}}
first_throat:"Yes! I felt your dick hitting my throat. That is so sexy! I'm getting all wet. *giggles*" {"set":{"throatsize":"1"}, "set":{"characterdescription":"deepthroat whore"}}

general:"Oh mister, I am really ready for your dick now that I have had at the back of my throat! Yummy!" {"check":{"throatsize":"2"}}
general:"Oh mister, I wish I could deepthroat your dick. It's so big and beautiful. Please push it in as deep as you can!" {"check":{"throatsize":"<2"}}
general:"Please push your dick hard in my mouth, I want it to hit my throat. I have never done that before!" {"check":{"throatsize":"0"}}

pre_cum:"I feel your dick throbbing... Are you going to cum for your *characterdescription*?"
pre_cum:"Oh I feel you're almost cumming! Please, cum on my face again. I love being your little *characterdescription*" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum slut"}}
pre_cum:"Oh, I feel that you are almost bursting! Please let me drink your cum, I love being your *characterdescription*" {"check":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"}}
Hope that was correct and works for you.

p.s. I used the standard version of SDF for this, rather than the loader.

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate
Guys, use the link Kona gave for testing settings in JSON ;)

And remember to set ALL (!!!) variables You use to a value (even if it's 0) in the "initial_settings" line..
like:

initial_settings:{"variableA":0, "variableB":"Text"}

Using a variable which isn't set to a value in the initial settings results in an error, due to a "undefined value"

It's easy to check if all Your variables in "initial_settings" are properly set when You load a dialogue. Just start the build-in editor and press the "LOG" button, right after You loaded the dialogue (best when having startet with a fresh SDT window before). At the top of the log all variables and the values they are set to are listed.

-------------------------------------------

If You want to set several varibles in the same line in the dialogue, that is possible. But You have to do it right.

Wrong way:
intro:"text" {"set":{"varibleA":1}, "set":{"variableB":"text"}} = this results in ONE of the variables NOT being set.

Right way:
intro:"text" {"set":{"varibleA":1}, {"variableB":"text"}}

So You can "set" multiple variables in one line, but You can only "check" for one! At least it looks like that, when I checked the logs...

Remember to use " " properly in the "set", "check" and "initial_settings" lines.. No need for " " for pure numbers. As soon as strings are involved (be it text or +>=<- in front of a number) You MUST use " ". And of course You have to put the variable itself in " "
Same goes for those {} - just see the example above ;)

Built me a small script, 'cause something in pinosante's dialogue looked a bit strange to me..
//testing variables

DEFAULT:

initial_settings:{"counter":"zero", "count":0}

intro:"Line 1 Check counter *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Normal", "check":{"counter":"zero"}, "set":{"counter":"one", "count":"+1"}}
intro:"Line 2 Check counter *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Normal", "check":{"counter":"one"}, "set":{"counter":"two", "count":"+1"}}
intro:"Line 3 Check counter *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Normal", "check":{"counter":"two"}, "set":{"counter":"three", "count":"+1"}}
intro:"Line 4 Check counter *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Normal", "check":{"counter":"three"}, "set":{"counter":"four", "count":"+1"}}
intro:"Line 5 Check counter *counter* *count* [HAPPY_MOOD]" {"mood":"Normal", "check":{"counter":"four"}, "set":{"counter":"five", "count":"+1"}}

intro:"Line 2/1 Check count *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Happy", "check":{"count":"5"}, "set":{"counter":"five", "count":"-1"}}
intro:"Line 2/2 Check count *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Happy", "check":{"count":"4"}, "set":{"counter":"four", "count":"-1"}}
intro:"Line 2/3 Check count *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Happy", "check":{"count":"3"}, "set":{"counter":"three", "count":"-1"}}
intro:"Line 2/3 Check count *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Happy", "check":{"count":"2"}, "set":{"counter":"two", "count":"-1"}}
intro:"Line 2/4 Check count *counter* *count*" {"mood":"Happy", "check":{"count":"1"}, "set":{"counter":"one", "count":"-1"}}
intro:"Line 2/5 Check count *counter* *count* [NORMAL_MOOD]" {"mood":"Happy", "check":{"count":"0"}, "set":{"counter":"zero", "count":0}}

The script is supposed to do the following (when You start with HER in "normal mood":

SHE should kinda count up from 0 to 5, then down again from 5 to 0.

So the display for the first line should be:
Line 1 Check counter zero 0

Instead it displays:
Line 1 Check counter one 1

So, if You use the *variable* option to display a variable in a line, You shouldn't use the "set" command in the same line, because it seems to be done first.

Using pinosante's dialogue as an example, there was a line (cum_in_mouth) which ran like:

At that moment, SHE was not supposed to have yet swallowd any cum. So her status could either have been "innocent little girl" or - if HE already had cum on her face - "cum slut".
But due to the "set" command in the line, HE always called her "cum drinker" immediately.

To achieve the - what I suppose to be - proper result, the line should rather be:
cum_in_mouth:"Here you go *characterdescription*... Your first load of cum right into that whore mouth of yours...[cum_in_mouth01]" {"style":"Him", "check":{"cuminmouth":"0"}}
cum_in_mouth01:"From now on, You will be a *characterdescription*" {"style":"Him", "set":{"characterdescription":"cum drinker"}}

That way HE'd call her "innocent little girl" or "cum slut" in the first line and "renames" HER in the second..

-----------------------------

Oh, and another tidbit with pinosante's dialogue.. The following lines CANNOT work..

Reason: "general" lines are called instead of "intro" lines, after the first deepthroat has been achieved. But because she's already set to "deepthroat whore" as soon as she's managed to do that, the "check" will lead to no result...

Solution: change those lines to "intro"

---------------------------------------

Don't want to lecture anyone here - I think pinosante did a great job with this dialogue.. just needs a bit more work to get it working as intended, I guess..

If I made any errors or false assumptions myseln here, please correct me.. the new options are still a bit.. unclear.. to me, too..

pinosante

Potential Patron
Thanks nex.crimen and TOmcat! I'll dig into the dialogue again when I have some time. I hope to come up with an example dialogue so others can take it from there.

Leela

Potential Patron
BUG REPORT: Very long dialogs fail to load the entire dialog. I'm working on a very large script, presently over 1000 lines. The current build quits loading at about 900 lines.

To produce:
Open SDT
Modding Tab, Custom Dialog [Load]
Choose Loooooong dialog script
*** Possible issue as it takes much, much longer to load than previous build
*** App freezes for about 30 seconds
Open dialog editor and search for lines near the end.
*** Lines after about 900 are not present.

Note: The actual number of lines loaded seems to vary. None of the new variable tools are being used, this is an old dialog.

Win Vista x64. Stand alone flash player 11

Attaching the ginormous dialog for debugging.

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
132.9 KB · Views: 189

ModGuy

Content Creator
Leela said:
BUG REPORT: Very long dialogs fail to load the entire dialog. I'm working on a very large script, presently over 1000 lines. The current build quits loading at about 900 lines.

Loads fine, with a bit of lag of course.

Leela

Potential Patron
The whole thing is loaded? For me it SEEMS to work but the entire script isn't loaded. Could you search for "heldHIM:" in the dialog editor? That's the last group of lines.

P.S. Loads instantly in the previous build

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate
Leela said:

How to get the full (!) text to load:

1. Start SDT
2. go to OPTIONS -> MODDING -> use reset button (right beside the LOAD Button) for CUSTOM DIALOGUE
3. Close SDT = this way SDT will not load any dialogue when You start it the next time; memory will be empty
4. Start SDT again
5. load really fucking big Dialogue
6. WIN!

When I started SDT after closing it with the really big dialogue still in memory, it took quite a while (30 sec+) for SDT to start. Loading the really big dialogue again then resultet in it being not fully loaded. Line count in the log went up to about 2400 - guess that's about the limit it can handle...

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Oh man, this is like a new age of SDT! To think I would learn programming through a fapping aid! This makes me want to write more dialogues - the possibilities are endless!

Do you think options like changing clothes will be possible too?

+1 to this from me too. The new dia system basically lets us do anything, at any time, as long as it can be scripted. Pretty much everything can now be scripted via dia (cumming, hand positions, drooling) except HIS and HER appearance/clothing.

If you could change that too... OMG! Imagine shutting her up with a ring gag mid dialogue, or a succubus breaking free of her chains etc. Or just simply ripping her top off at an appropriate moment. So much potential!

It would be good if you could add information about style:Him and Style:Thought.

Is this not possible with the new system? You could mix style commands just fine with mood checks for instance, within wavy brackets before. Better still, instead of reintroducing this in the new advanced dia, why not just set speech colors/bubbles/italics etc. freely too and let you name the styles anything? A possessed HER could speak in a demonic voice with red text in a black bubble, for instance.

Also, is "available mouth" something you can "check" freely in the new system and what's the variables for it? It's already bundled with her normal speech (having to wait for her mouth) and him/thought style (not having to do it), but imagine if you could just use it for anything - not only the customizable styles I suggest, but everything!

Another suggestion: Add an anything option.

This is already easily accomplished. Just make an anything line and include an [anything] command in those lines where you'd want it (a few general, intro and pull_off lines should make her say it almost all the time, especially if thought-styled).

To sum up, I think there are a few dia writers here that would really like a FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE dialogue option (writing in plain text only should be completely acceptable to those so inclined I think - the in-game editor is a fine tool for beginners). Including clothing, styles and any other conditions that the game could possibly allow us to set or check.

Things may seem laggy and poorly coded right now, but give it a few months and some best practices/SOPs will turn up. Even going advanced, I think there are many useful substitutions etc. to be made to enchance play performance.

Leela

Potential Patron
Nice catch Tomcat! Confirm emptying the dialog before exiting allows it to load a much larger dialog.

Leela

Potential Patron
It seems you can check multiple variables but not the same variable twice. So you can't check for a range.

This doesn't work. It only seems to check the >2 part and ignores the <4
Code:
intro:"I'm a little cunt."{"check":{"cunt":"<4","cunt":">2"}}

however this seems to work:
Code:
intro:"I'm a bigger slut  than cunt!"{"check":{"cunt":"<5","slut":">4"}}

Or am I totally missing the way you're supposed to check a range?

This brings up another question how do we compare variables? if (X>Y) then

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.