Abducted: the game (1 Viewer)

Carlosfonteira

Potential Patron
Greetings!
I'd like to share with you guys the little thing I'm working on now.
It's loosely based on my serie in wich girls from fighting games are captured by aliens for their vile purposes. XD
The game is really simple and works as rock-scissor-paper. The alien prepares a move, and you choose your counter-move with the arrows (the only keys in the game). Hilarity ensues (maybe).
By the way, you'll soon learn what to do because the enemy has a different pose for every attack, and so it's only a matter of memorize the moves.
For now there's only a character (Hotaru, my favorite <3 ) and only a sinlge enemy that had infinite HP for now (in the future, I'll add mnore stuff and if you defeat the monster you'll proceed forward).
If you get hit when your life is zero, there's a special KO anmimation different for every enemy attack (well, for now there's just ONE, for the elecctrocution ^_^').

ANyway, here's some screenshot!

And here the early version of the game.

abducted0.002.rar

onlinehero

Casual Client
Dude, you are PRO :) The sprites and animations look super awesome. Maybe you should try to contact some of the programmers on this site, who have are looking for someone to make graphics. The game idea is not bad at all either!

Carlosfonteira

Potential Patron
Well, the sprites are actually ripped from SNK and Capcom games (they comes from M.U.G.E.N. or similar) and edited, maybe I should place a disclaimer somewhere ^_^'
I can do some (much humbler) spriting myself, though, and I'll check the other projects.

Carlosfonteira

Potential Patron
Looks promising. Are you thinking about any plot, dialogues or anything like this?

Well, all it's possible, but my English is really awful, I can't conjugate a thing and even the proper serie makes no use of dialogues for this reason ^_^'
But I want to transfer a little bit of the plot in the game, of course. XD

Seth

Potential Patron
My english is not perfect as well, but I can help you I you want, especially when it comes to the writing the dialogue line and making a plot.
I'm asking about it, because I don't like plotless games. I think that it's quite possible to add story for every heroine and bad ending. Like "how she find herself there" and "what happend to her after".

Carlosfonteira

Potential Patron
Me too dislike plotless game. Anyway what I want to do is making a few "paths", every of the paths covering a fetish... the only things that concern me (apart of the sheer amount of TIME it takes, of course ^_^') is that this simple demo it's already, like, 8 megs and there's almost nothing inside 0_0'
It's surely my fault, I'm bad at optimize the programming... :(

Seth

Potential Patron
Text with jpg pictures takes not much place. Music and animations are usually the biggest space thievs. You can make it like in visual novel games, this could save you work and space, I think.

Carlosfonteira

Potential Patron
Yes, of course text baloons are light as feathers.
I've actually thought of making a visual novel-like game (using Flash instead of Game Maker), but I like the most the idea of the animations (with voices and lovely pained gasps <3 ), and the direct control on the charachter. But it's still a possibility. The most of the time is spent editing graphics, so recycle the sprites for a visual novel will be a breeze, and I'll do it if I see that the games becomes too heavy.

Seth

Potential Patron
If you'd like to make pure visual novel game, then use Ren'py, it's very easy visual novel engine, many people uses this one to create their own games.
Also, I think that game could be even 50-70 mb big. Even about 100 mb. Most free upload sites accept such weight.
Anyway, give us an info, when you'll start working on the plot.

noice1

Potential Patron
Very cool-looking, I bet you could do some sprites yourself too, I'd love to see them. Animations don't need to be crazy, either, like in Fairy Fighting. Look at Vorpal Rabbit.

Seth

Potential Patron
Well, for now, thanks a lot for your information about Ren'py!
No prob. I know a bit about working with this engine, so feel free to ask if you'll have any problems with using this, although it's pretty easy and has well written tutorial.
Also, as far as I know, it gives a possibility to add mini-games into visual novel, but I never did it.
Thief and Sword has nice gameplay, with mix of visual novel and rpg stuff, with lot of Ryona stuff, btw. I you manage to create something like this, it could be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlosfonteira

Potential Patron
Very cool-looking, I bet you could do some sprites yourself too, I'd love to see them. Animations don't need to be crazy, either, like in Fairy Fighting. Look at Vorpal Rabbit.

Oh, the dear, old Vorpal rabbit XD
Yeah, I can do stuff at the Vorpal Rabbit level. But, (and I know that this is a schizophrenic concept), I'll probabily feel sorry to making suffer ryona to charachters created by me ^_^'
Also, the time doing original stuff is 10 times longer that the time spent to simply editing stuff (of course ^_^').

For Seth, be assured that you will be the first to get annoyed if I'll find some difficulties :D

|Alien|

Potential Patron
I have only one request for this game with great potential: more speed between one action and the following.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.