A sexy 2D action-platformer needs your feedback [Rings of Titeia] (1 Viewer)

BigBeaver

Potential Patron
Hey everyone,

I'm currently making a game containing adult content as a hobby. It's a retro style 2D action-platformer named Rings of Titeia starring a sexy female protagonist that has to clear her way through the different levels while a bunch of monsters want her dead.
The adult content is ryona-oriented nudity; the clothes of our heroine get destroyed once she dies. There will also be some CGs for the final product ( currently 2 in the demo, 1 including nudity ). The female protagonist is fully voiced by Gina Galore and there's a lot of action oriented voice lines in it, including pain sounds and screams.

I uploaded a short demo on itch last week and I would love to get some feedbacks about the game and the general impression players have while playing it. You can grab it here:

If you're interested in sending me feedback, short or long, please send it here directly on the forum or by personnal message. I also have my DMs open on Twitter and if you like my work feel free to follow me here: https://twitter.com/BigBeaverProd

If you're a content creator and feel like recording a video about this demo ( whether it's a walkthrough or a ryona video ) feel free to tag me on it, I'd be very curious to see how you handle it.

Thanks for reading those lines, and even more if you're interested in helping me in this project.

Big Beaver

Erobotan

Avid Affiliate
i think you should re-work the walking animation, Bareknuckle is a good reference.
A more feminine hairstyle
more hourglass figure, hip is too small.

MZZ

Content Creator
Could use a control scheme for the arrow keys. And a dash/run function.
If you reach the end of a level, there is a short pause before you move off screen. You could use it to make the Special move pose (the He-Man/She-Ra one ;) ) and then walk off screen.
Graphics, Music and Voice are nice :)
The enemies feel a bit static/passive, but they'll do for a tech demo.

edit:
- your special move timer should reset on level change.
- breaking creates gave no bonus so far?
- Jumping down a thin ledge (crouch+jump) is not utilized outside the tutorial?
- destroying projectiles would be nice. E.g. The poison projectiles stunlock you, meaning if you get hit once, you die.

BigBeaver

Potential Patron
Could use a control scheme for the arrow keys. And a dash/run function.
If you reach the end of a level, there is a short pause before you move off screen. You could use it to make the Special move pose (the He-Man/She-Ra one ;) ) and then walk off screen.
Graphics, Music and Voice are nice :)
The enemies feel a bit static/passive, but they'll do for a tech demo.

edit:
- your special move timer should reset on level change.
- breaking creates gave no bonus so far?
- Jumping down a thin ledge (crouch+jump) is not utilized outside the tutorial?
- destroying projectiles would be nice. E.g. The poison projectiles stunlock you, meaning if you get hit once, you die.
Thanks for the well developped thoughts!

About the crates, yes, they will end up dropping stuff eventually and may be used/destroyed to access "secret" areas. I just put them as obstacles for now to see how it goes but I agree they're irrelevant at the moment.
Jumping down platforms is indeed not used except in the tutorial but will be used more often in the future.
Projectile destruction was implemented in the initial version, but was then removed. I'm happy to notice someone finds this gameplay element relevant. The poison projectiles should not stunlock you (normally). If you're stunned and get hit again by the same projectile( while being still stunned ), you're not stunned again. It may happen that you roll your head on the keyboard (metaphorically) to remove the stun and straight get hit by another poison projectile and get stunned again. I'll add a timer after a stun event where it's impossible to get stunned.
(EDIT: my bad, projectiles destruction is enabled, but only in normal difficulty.)

Also thanks for the kind words and for the different gameplay-related/animations ideas, I'll write them down in my notes. And thanks for your feedback, I hope you enjoyed playing the game!

Last edited:

MZZ

Content Creator
some more quick thoughts:
- Special attack should clear projectiles. Instead of a timer, give finite uses per level.
The timer leads to using it and then waiting for recharging before continue playing. Since there is no time limit or risk to waiting(most of the time), this would be the best, but boring strategy.
- after a poison recovery, give the player the short moment where he gets no damage. That should break the rhythm of the stunlock.
- ability to slash projectiles could be a upgrade/powerup item for later game progression.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.