A little help? (1 Viewer)

xkwizit

Avid Affiliate
Seems my account was hacked and all the info deleted :(
Does anyone have a copy of FutaFun-v1.6-Xkwizit.txt they could re-upload?

f93

Casual Client
You all said I was mad for downloading every dialogue I could find. Mad! Who's mad now?!?
Oh, it's me. Alright. You might want to run it through Pim_Gd's dialogue checker, which suggests how to fix some parts of it, if you intend to make an updated version.

Attachments

FutaFun-v1.6-Xkwizit.txt
65.3 KB · Views: 132

xkwizit

Avid Affiliate
f93 said:
You all said I was mad for downloading every dialogue I could find. Mad! Who's mad now?!?
Oh, it's me. Alright. You might want to run it through Pim_Gd's dialogue checker, which suggests how to fix some parts of it, if you intend to make an updated version.

Ah! There it is :) much appreciated, karma for you!

Pim_gd

Content Creator
I only have the v1.1 that I bugfixed. But I'll take a look at this new version.
Looking at the old version made me find a bug in the code of the DialogueChecker (regarding comment filtering), so that's good.

Hauling the v1.6 version of the dialogue posted in this thread through v2.06 of the DialogueChecker, I get 2 severe issues (which might crash SDT but they don't - because you screwed up with the style line attribute, not mood), 71 major issues and 303 minor issues. That's reaaaaaaaaal bad.
But it's possible these numbers are suffering from bad comment filtering.
Hauling the dialogue through v2.07 (local testing version) with improved comment filter nets you [strike]2 severe issues, 69 major issues (-2) and 221 minor issues (-82)[/strike]. So it's still badly in need of improvement.

A short explanation of the classifications I used:
- SEVERE, for instances in which the issue has to be fixed, or the Dialogue will cause SDT to crash or otherwise experience uncaught exceptions;
- MAJOR, for instances in which the Dialogue does not display as intended.
- MINOR, for instances in which the issue does not entail an error or meets the requirements for SEVERE or MAJOR severity.

You could see them as
Severe - must be fixed
Major - should be fixed
Minor - could be fixed

Anyway, most of the minor issues are related to %01 (use Б, please, it's the standard around here). The rest of the issues seem to be related to syntax - you need to be careful with how you use checks for multiple variables and how you use line attributes in general.

EDIT:
Turns out I introduced a bug with that improved comment filter, which made grammar issues not show up.
With that fixed, I'm getting 2 Severe issues, 69 Major issues, and 302 Minor issues.

xkwizit

Avid Affiliate
Pim_gd said:
I only have the v1.1 that I bugfixed. But I'll take a look at this new version.
Looking at the old version made me find a bug in the code of the DialogueChecker (regarding comment filtering), so that's good.

Hauling the v1.6 version of the dialogue posted in this thread through v2.06 of the DialogueChecker, I get 2 severe issues (which might crash SDT but they don't - because you screwed up with the style line attribute, not mood), 71 major issues and 303 minor issues. That's reaaaaaaaaal bad.
But it's possible these numbers are suffering from bad comment filtering.
Hauling the dialogue through v2.07 (local testing version) with improved comment filter nets you [strike]2 severe issues, 69 major issues (-2) and 221 minor issues (-82)[/strike]. So it's still badly in need of improvement.

A short explanation of the classifications I used:
- SEVERE, for instances in which the issue has to be fixed, or the Dialogue will cause SDT to crash or otherwise experience uncaught exceptions;
- MAJOR, for instances in which the Dialogue does not display as intended.
- MINOR, for instances in which the issue does not entail an error or meets the requirements for SEVERE or MAJOR severity.

You could see them as
Severe - must be fixed
Major - should be fixed
Minor - could be fixed

Anyway, most of the minor issues are related to %01 (use Б, please, it's the standard around here). The rest of the issues seem to be related to syntax - you need to be careful with how you use checks for multiple variables and how you use line attributes in general.

EDIT:
Turns out I introduced a bug with that improved comment filter, which made grammar issues not show up.
With that fixed, I'm getting 2 Severe issues, 69 Major issues, and 302 Minor issues.

I used your dialogue checker & got a ton of errors come up, however the dialogue works fine, no crashes at all & the "break" scenario is triggered each time. I have tried using "Б" instead of the %01 but that actually DID cause the game to crash. Input always welcome, but as it seems to be running fine I dont think I'll be changing it until I release a new version

-xkwizit

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Huh, that causes the game to crash?
Interesting...
(playtests)
I don't get a crash.
I've attached a version where I have replaced the %01 with Б.

Additionally, the dialogue does not work "fine".
It has Severe/Major issues = it is broken. It's just that the first issues are irrevelant because they're actually comments (but my checker sees them as lines because you might have intended it as a line).

Allow me to explain why the dialogue is broken and just how it is broken.
SDT:
200: Adding custom line: "[AHEGAO_MOOD][SHOCK]OH YES!"
201: ERROR - Could not decode custom settings:
{"style","thought","check":{"broken":"true"}}
Expecting : but found ,
208: Adding custom line: "[NORMAL_MOOD][SHOCK]AHHHH!!!! I CAN FEEL IT...ББББББББББББББ ALL THE WAY DOWN![thrt1]"
209: ERROR - Could not decode custom settings:
{style":"thought","check":{"broken":"false"}}
Unexpected s encountered
254: Adding custom line: "[AHEGAO_MOOD]Such[COUGH] a mouthfull!"
255: ERROR - Could not decode custom settings:
{"style","thought","check":{"broken":"true"}}
Expecting : but found ,

This is BAD. Style is broken for those lines - she will try to speak those first_dt lines.
The checker marks those lines as Severe issues because if you try this with the mood style attribute, things just might cause SDT to fail load the dialogue (any maybe any dialogue after that until SDT is restarted).

Next up, we have things that don't display as intended.
Line 46: cough:"*cough*" displays empty string (she coughs, nothing pops up in the dialogue box)
Line 274: po:"[ADD_TEARS]Ooooh im sorry sweetie... you just make me... SO...[NORMAL_MODE][SWALLOW]"{"style":"him","check":{"broken":"false"}}
NORMAL_MODE is a bad trigger - should be NORMAL_MOOD, because right now it attempts to play the line NORMAL_MODE.

There are also lines that will trigger when they shouldn't.
SDT:
500: Storing introset = false
1027: Running checks for line: "[NORMAL_MOOD][CLOSE_EYES]*ME*...ББББББББББББББ*ME*!ББББББББББББББ Wake up sweetie...[int1]"
1028: Okay.
1029: Running checks for line: "[NORMAL_MOOD][SHOCK]How the hell have you even hid that all this time??![intB]"
1030: Okay.
1031: Running checks for line: "[NORMAL_MOOD][WINCE]If you let me go now, I promise not to tell anyone!"
1032: Okay.
1033: Playing line "[NORMAL_MOOD][CLOSE_EYES]*ME*...ББББББББББББББ*ME*!ББББББББББББББ Wake up sweetie...[int1]"
1034: Storing introset = true

Line 53: intro:"[NORMAL_MOOD][CLOSE_EYES]*ME*...ББББББББББББББ*ME*!ББББББББББББББ Wake up sweetie...[int1]"{"held":"false","style":"Him","check":{"broken":"false"},"check":{"introset":"false"},"set":{"introset":"true"}}
Line 69: intro:"[NORMAL_MOOD][SHOCK]How the hell have you even hid that all this time??![intB]"{"held":"true","check":{"introset":"true"},"check":{"broken":"false"}}
Line 71: intro:"[NORMAL_MOOD][WINCE]If you let me go now, I promise not to tell anyone!"{"held":"true","check":{"introset":"true"},"check":{"broken":"false"}}

SDT is saying here that playing one of these lines I've placed here as a first line is ALLOWED. This is because the first check is being IGNORED.
Here, have a look.
Broken is false, introset is false.
Line 53: broken false, introset false
Line 69: introset true, broken false
Line 71: introset true, broken false
It ignores the first check.
So any of those lines could have played.
I'll illustrate more examples if it helps.

Attachments

FutaFun-v1.6-XkwizitDelayChars.txt
61.7 KB · Views: 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.