Zuihou (KanColle) Static Hair request (1 Viewer)

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Thanks in advance for whoever taking the time for the request.

Spending more time finding more resources, can't promise they will be workable but it's what I think a clear side view.
CzImHd8.jpg
__admiral_zuihou_and_mikazuki_kantai_collection_drawn_by_mutenka__sample-954a3e53851425a9ef20b79065b33e18.jpg
__zuihou_kantai_collection_drawn_by_shigino_sohuzi__sample-5f33555878a8b0b0e68765ccd2ab2e08.jpg

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
As you said, the reference is cutted on the left, and hides almost all the ponytail, so the modder will have either to invent that ponytail or search other images by himself.
It is not meant to be done by modders, it is your job to search for references, so please find one that shows all the hair.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
As you said, the reference is cutted on the left, and hides almost all the ponytail, so the modder will have either to invent that ponytail or search other images by himself.
It is not meant to be done by modders, it is your job to search for references, so please find one that shows all the hair.
Hello, I have edited the thread with more workable reference pictures. Hopefully I didn't cause any misunderstanding, I don't wanna cause any issues. Cheers.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello, I have edited the thread with more workable reference pictures.
The first one was better than this two for making a mod, please add it again.
These ones are not good because on the 1st one the hair is moving and the 2nd one has waterpaint-like colours than can't be reproduced easily.
I guess it is possible to make a hair mod with the reference you deleted and the ponytail of the 1st ref if the angle is changed.

For future requests, keep in mind that all references may be useful: it is better to have more choices than less, but modders need all the hair, flowing naturally in a straight position, with anime-style colours. If it is not available on one ref, then multiple refs may be used.

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
The first one was better than this two for making a mod, please add it again.
These ones are not good because on the 1st one the hair is moving and the 2nd one has waterpaint-like colours than can't be reproduced easily.
I guess it is possible to make a hair mod with the reference you deleted and the ponytail of the 1st ref if the angle is changed.

For future requests, keep in mind that all references may be useful: it is better to have more choices than less, but modders need all the hair, flowing naturally in a straight position, with anime-style colours. If it is not available on one ref, then multiple refs may be used.
Got you, alright I sorted out the gallery with all 3 pictures.
Well, I'm gonna continue to look for more reference material so maybe one can be used for a hair. (Really wanna do thing with Zuihou heh.)
Alright thanks for the guidance, I'll keep this in mind the next time I do requests.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
So, I took more than 30 minutes to find references, and just before I was going to give up, I found a nearly perfect one (as usual...):
V6kUAJB.jpg

She looks the same age as destroyers or submarines and should be older as she is an aircraft carrier, but it doesn't matter for the hair.
This is very close to the canon version, even if it is a bit flatter in my opinion.

I quickly made a cut-out as it was easy with such a reference:

Zuihou
zuihou-jpg.117186

It's hard to find side view images of her, even if she's an aircraft carrier, which in kancolle is represented by archers, so there should be more images from the side of her aiming with a bow.

As i said before, the first image is all right to make a hair mod, even if it looks a bit "flat".

The ponytail doesn't really need a 90° side-view reference.

I could find these ones, giving many options, but none are canon (except maybe the last one):
600WQsW.jpg
NeLF6PF.jpg
G2DYpio.jpg
ha040K3.jpg
sQC315K.jpg
EsZEhHz.jpg
pIufSON.jpg
qJN01ww.jpg

These chibi figurines can also be interesting for the shape of the ponytail, especially for the base of it (that is not shown on most of other images):
XbsV2ZA.jpg
2VkxAal.jpg
VFYbGWp.jpg
UOtbZ1Q.jpg

The most important in my opinion is to keep the ponytail cutted straight horizontally, like on the canon playing card and pictures:
NIenGak.png
IcObDVN.png
2diDSCv.png
RB8jDI4.png

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Oh wow thanks for this, really, really appreciate it. Incredible work. That picture you used as reference, I did not see it at all. I was using danbooru though, so it probably was blocked with the loli/shota tags and I did not pay for member.
I was browsing through 150 pages myself but I somehow missed good references, then again I was at rating:safe, didn't think that the other categories would have workable material.
Anyways thanks again, I'll definitely have fun with this one. You didn't have to but damn you took the time for it, 30 minutes is still big time.
Cheers and hope you have a good day, apologies for this. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.