Zakolite Imperial Expeditionary Force (Discussion Thread) (2 Viewers)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I think I like D out of the selection but ultimately this is your project Puca. I say go with what you prefer. I'm happy with any choice as I can't wait for the game to start :)

puca

Club Regular
Alright, working off A for the default outfit! After that's done I'll get started on some sketches for Raven, XIII, 4C and Panther.

The intro is almost done being written. Once I setup the Roll20 map and Sonicmariohero posts their characters, we'll be ready to go!

MayaLazarus

Casual Client
Name: Maya Lazarus
Callsign: Gold

HP: 2
PP: 0
Accuracy: +1
Evade: 0
Crit: 0
Movement: 6

2 weapon slots
Weapons:
* (15 credits) Heavy pistol: 1d6 damage, 8 range, 1 handed
* (25 credits) Assault rifle: 1d8 damage, 10 range

Armor:
* (80 credits) Stealth suit: Can't be targeted past 5 spaces

2 inventory slots (anything not a weapon or armor)
Inventory:
* (50 credits) Tactical visor: +1 accuracy
* (20 credits) Medkit: 1 use, cure a status effect and heal a character +1 HP (with medic training, recover +2 HP and you can exceed your normal max HP)

3 trait points
Traits:
* (1 pt ) Survivor: +2 critical save**
* (1 pt ) Determined: +2 critical save**
* (1 pt) Stealth training: better effect from stealth suit, +1 evade if you haven't moved this turn

Jello95

Potential Patron
Name: Einatha Olphen

Callsign: Grace

Description: Standing at 5’8 with a slim but athletic form, with her narrow hips she appears quite lanky. Her skin is light and freckled. Aged 22.

Bio:

Raised on one of the Empire’s core colonies Einatha quickly developed a superiority complex, born a commoner she still viewed herself as better than the men and women of the outer colonies simply due to the “Purity of her blood.” Believing utterly that those raised further from the Empire’s core were diluted versions of the Zakolite people.

She performed admirably throughout her education and qualified for officer training within the Zakolite Imperial Military, making few friends along the way due to her coarse nature she was still always high on the list when it came to team selection, something changed within Einatha when she on the field, the intolerable rudeness and cruelty she was known for would be replaced by a more caring, supportive tone.

Einatha’s ability to switch between personalities so fluidly was unnerving to some but she was undeniably an important asset to any team, helping her fellow soldiers outflank the enemy with her supportive guidance and comforting panicked conscripts. The second her team completed their objective however she would snap back to her normal self, scolding her ‘pitiful’ team members on the journey home, picking apart all of their mistakes and informing them that “It truly is not your fault entirely, you performed as well as could be expected from someone of your class..” Einatha has suffered several unusual and unexplained deaths during these return trips.

HP: 2
PP: 0
Armor: 1
Evade bonuses: none
Movement: 6
Attacks:
  • Standard-issue Carbine: 1d6 damage, range 8
  • Standard-issue Pistol: 1d4 damage, range 6, 1 handed
  • Heavy Pistol: 1d6 Damage, 8 Range, 1 Handed
  • Sword 2d6 Damage, Melee, 1 Handed
  • Standard-issue body armor: +0 armor
  • Tactical Armour +1 Armour
    Inventory (2): Scanning Suite, Medkit
Traits:
(2 pts) Command Training
(1 pt) Encouraging

(300 credits)
-15 for Heavy Pistol
-40 for Tactical Armour
-50 for Scanning Suite
-20 for Medkit
-15 Sword
=160 credits

Hey, I know I am pretty late to the party and I'll understand if you are full up but I'd love to stay informed on how this game is going either way.

Last edited:

puca

Club Regular
It'll be another few days before I'm ready to start the first turn but in the meantime I've started an RP thread. Feel free to post. Hopefully everything should be ready to start on Monday :D

Big-ronso

Avid Affiliate
Thanks to Puca that he corrected the BG. Now I put you in the story of Phanter!

Panther is familiar in many ways with death, having dealt and experienced it many times, and it has made her cold and distant.

Members of her family have been Imperial assassins for generations, but few know the whole truth. Panther's task is not only to eliminate enemies of the Empire, but also members of the Empire who prove too cowardly or attempt to desert.

Panther questions the use of giving the clones emotions. Is the Empress simply a sadist or is there another reason? She no longer makes relationships with her companions knowing they will die, potentially by her hand.

puca

Club Regular
Hi everyone. Sorry for the long delay, but life hit me hard all of a sudden over the last couple of weeks. Things have calmed down now, so if you're still interested, I'll have the first turn ready to go within 24 hours.

puca

Club Regular
Alright, if you check Roll20, the initial board should be set up. Feel free to plan your first turns. I'll make a post in the RP thread and then we're off to the races!

You should find a token representing your character(s) on the field. Double-click to check the name, though the hair colours hopefully match!

For the case of actually taking your turns, make your move, roll your dice in Roll20 using "/roll d20+x" and post the results in the RP thread under a spoiler tag. I'll make the first post, so wait until that goes up for an example.

Player order won't matter. I'll take the enemy turn once everybody has had a chance to make their first move. Any terrain is impassable and counts as cover.

Last edited:

puca

Club Regular
Oh! In case you make an attack, here are some enemy stats! Each unmounted enemy has 4 HP and 0 armor. Mounted riders have those stats but also have cover (-2 accuracy vs.) while they're mounted. Their mounts have 12 HP and 1 armor.

Ah, and don't forget that Grace has command training AND encouraging, so if you're within 5 spaces of her, add +1 to your accuracy, and if you're adjacent to her, add another +1.

Last edited:

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Hopefully I can make apost around Wednesday latest but I hope to get it up sooner.

Out of curiosity, can your character use one movement to move diagnally or does that take two movement?

Oh... And a sniper rifle. It says u can't move and attack but can you move and Overwatch with it?

Last edited:

puca

Club Regular
Hopefully I can make apost around Wednesday latest but I hope to get it up sooner.

Out of curiosity, can your character use one movement to move diagnally or does that take two movement?

Oh... And a sniper rifle. It says u can't move and attack but can you move and Overwatch with it?

No worries, I feel bad for taking so much time to get back to this, so I'll wait at least a week before taking the enemy turn.

For simplicity's sake, diagonals are one movement. As for sniper rifles, yeah, move+overwatch is fine.

puca

Club Regular
Alright, going to make the enemy move at the end of tomorrow (Tuesday)! If you haven't made your move by then, I'll make one for your character (I'll try to do something reasonable, heh).

puca

Club Regular
Moved all the absent players! They landed a couple of shots but there were no kills.

Taking the first enemy turn! We'll see if we have our first death hehe.

puca

Club Regular
First casualty! Deepstrike is down, gutted and devoured by a Megaraptor. I'll make a post for the enemy turn in the RP thread tonight or tomorrow.

Feel free to start taking your next turns! The most relevant thing that happened is that XIII, Beta and 4C have -1 accuracy next turn due to being demoralized by the savagery of Deepstrike's death.

Skull symbol means you're in critical (0 hp, any further hit forces a critical roll). The "Ahhh" symbol means you're demoralized (-1 accuracy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.