You know what grinds MY gears? (1 Viewer)

lollygagher

Potential Patron
There's no pet peeve quite like mods or admins that like to deleted your threads or posts WITHOUT explaining, or even alerting you what-so-ever. Tends to happen to me a lot, and not just here. Booo.

I mean suddenly my post in requests is just gone, cannot be found. I thought a request was a request, what was wrong with mine?

ModGuy

Content Creator
lollygagher said:
There's no pet peeve quite like mods or admins that like to deleted your threads or posts WITHOUT explaining, or even alerting you what-so-ever. Tends to happen to me a lot, and not just here. Booo.

I mean suddenly my post in requests is just gone, cannot be found. I thought a request was a request, what was wrong with mine?

If your post was deleted, then there was a good reason for it.
Anon is looking in to notifying users when posts are removed as it has caused irritation.
You may have broken the request rules or something, try reading over them.

This response is expected and we actually don't want users to feel this way about administration, something will be implemented to attempt to avoid this hopefully.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I've actually said several times that I would PM people when I delete their topics and why, the problem is that I forget and after I delete the topic I forget who wrote the topic and what exactly was wrong with it.

AFAIR, your topic was you requesting Jeans in the Request board... When users request features, I delete the posts as I can't do anything with that. When users request mods in the wrong board, I delete it, because since you posted it in the wrong board I can only assume you don't know what a mod is.

I am in fact looking into a system that gives me the option to PM the OP a reason why their topic was deleted.

On a related note: You know what my pet peeve is, users who don't read the rules.

EDIT: mod should be installed, so I should be able to notify users why their topic was deleted.

lollygagher

Potential Patron
Maybe your rules aren't as clear or well explained as you think because I have read them, and they aren't clear no matter how many different colors you use. If my post is is the wrong sub-forum, move it. If my request is somehow beyond the scope of what a request is even supposed to be, then you've got some work to do. Make it clear what this forum is for, and what it is not for.

You delete posts and forget what they were or who posted them? And you're the admin? Man this place needs some work.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
lollygagher said:
Maybe your rules aren't as clear or well explained as you think because I have read them, and they aren't clear no matter how many different colors you use. If my post is is the wrong sub-forum, move it. If my request is somehow beyond the scope of what a request is even supposed to be, then you've got some work to do. Make it clear what this forum is for, and what it is not for.

You delete posts and forget what they were or who posted them? And you're the admin? Man this place needs some work.
Well, the rules are very clear. If there is something you find unclear, let me know and I'll try to make it clearer.

If your post is in the wrong board, it will likely be deleted, if you can't be bothered to post in the correct section your topic probably isn't worth having. As for the specific topic I deleted, I would delete it anyway, I'm not moving a topic from the request board to the loader request board because as far as I know you don't know what the loader is or how to use it. And if you were requesting a feature, I'm not moving your topic because there is a topic already dedicated to requesting/suggesting features.

As for me forgetting stuff, fine, but I deal with a lot of stupid topics, and I put in the rules that your post may be deleted without warning, so I made it clear that I would do it.

I have, since this topic began, installed a system that forces me to PM a user a message when I delete their topic.

As for your attitude, it's uncalled for.

lollygagher said:
If my request is somehow beyond the scope of what a request is even supposed to be, then you've got some work to do.
As for this statement, this sounds like it's you who has work to do, not me.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
lollygagher said:

For some reason, that made me think of this:

Attachments

• dysfunctiondemotivator.jpg
    dysfunctiondemotivator.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.