Where do I take my Street Fighter vids from here? (1 Viewer)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Posted a new vid up on youtube, pretty much more of the same. My most popular clip so far (which is Chun-Li being squished by Honda) I think is nearing 50k in views which has taken me off guard since they seem to be pretty popular, though I reckon it's probably the same 10k people playing it over and over again ;)

Regardless, I took a new approach with the latest clip, trying to include a little bit of a story despite the fetish nature of the clips and what not. I felt the need to take such a direction simply because otherwise it would just be the same thing over and over again with different characters, characters which I may add I'm running out of. A good old bearhug will still be a major feature of future clips, but I was considering going in a radical direction and actually making a totally new storyline featuring Street Fighter characters in the most non-canon way possible. I thought of the idea during work randomly enough and thought I would pitch the idea to you guys and see what you think.

Before I begin, let me stress that whilst Street Fighter characters are used, this is nothing to do with Canon Street Fighter. Think of it as a completely different story or an alternative universe if you will.

The characters it will mostly follow will be Sakura & Juri (had to go with Juri since she's my fav), with the two of them being operatives of an agency run by Chun-Li (I have yet to think of a name for the secret agency.) Sakura, though having a few years experience is still the youngest member of the agency, whilst Juri was a former criminal who was given a second chance by working for the agency, with the two of them being paired together.

So what is the story? Another agent, Ibuki discovered something critically important about "The Boss" (Rose), a global crimelord who poses as one of the greatest threats to the world, rising to power after the fall of Dictator(Bison) some years before. Ibuki is unfortunately captured, though she managed to send a distress signal before her capture with a very brief message stressing the importance of her findings. Naturally Chun-Li sends her agents to her last known whereabouts, looking to rescue Ibuki and find out what she discovered if she is still alive. Sakura and Juri are those sent.

Each part will probably only be about 5 mins long tops, so they will be shorts, but me being silly me actually put a lot of thought into the background and what not of this made up world featuring these characters. I have an entire story planned out, with potential to make more future arcs depending on the success of such a mini story. I'll list some of the characters that will feature.

Agency:-
Sakura - The agencies youngest recruit, though holds massive potential. She was Ryu's only successful student, and trained in the arts of the powerful Hado-ken. His death prompted her to join the agency and try to fill the void that was created when the agency lost its greatest fighter. Chun-Li feared she was not old enough for such dangerous works, though after seeing a display of her growing power, she could not refuse the help. Sakura has the potential to match or even surpass Ryu's skill level, though that within itself causes discomfort amongst the Agency, who fear Sakura may succumb to the same fate as her master (a potential future arc).

Juri - Former criminal and operative of Dictator before his fall. Juri was partnered with Hugo, and took part in the war between the agency and Dicator. With the agency in shambles after the war and The Boss stepping up her activity with the fall of Dictator, Juri and Hugo were offered a second chance over prison, to join their ranks to increase the number of operatives in the troubling times. Hugo turned down the offer, though Juri accepted as long as her partner in crime was set free. Juri has been an operative since, and over the years finally gained the trust of others.

Chun Li - Will be the leader of the agency, calling the shots. She played a critical role in the fall of Dictator some years ago, though made harsh calls to see victory come to fruition. Despite the losses through her orders bringing down Dictator's reign, everyone agrees that many more lives would have been lost if anyone had made any different choices Chun-Li had. As a result, most respect her, though some former members disagree. Regardless, her actions saw her promoted to Leader, and she has been leading the agency ever since.

Ibuki - The black ops member of the agency. Ibuki is known to mostly work alone, often gathering Intel on the enemy through her impressive espionage skills. She has been a member of the agency for nearly as long as Chun Li, and is highly respected by her comrades.

Zangief - The muscle of the agency. Zangief is a long time veteran and joint longest running agent along side of Chun-li with the two of them being the only founding members left. Like Juri, Zangief had a criminal past decades ago, but was given a chance to turn his life around. He is a highly respected member and considered second in command after Guile stepped down from the force.

Big Bad

The Boss (Rose) - Has been a threat since even the days of Dictator. It was long feared the Boss would join forces with Dictator should a war occur to crush the agency, though when a war began, surprisingly Rose took no part and remained low. Eventually Dictator's reign came to an end, and the agency was left crippled with the loss of some of its greatest agents. This gave the Boss the perfect opportunity to step up and take control of the criminal world. She is now considered the world's greatest threat.

Hakan - Once a lowly criminal, Hakan is now the leader of many united countries in Eastern Europe through his oil company. The agency knows of his treachery gaining such power, and has encountered him on many occasions in combat. Unfortunately he has diplomatic immunity through his corrupt power with little evidence against him, and so the agency's only hope is to bring down the Boss to also bring an end to Hakan's vastly growing empire.

Other

Ryu - Died after the defeat of Dictator. His death would be linked into another arc should the first prove to be successful
Ken - Former agency member, who left following the events of Ryu's death
Guile - Former agency member and leader, who stepped down and joined the American Military when Chun-Li was given leadership.
Hugo - Former criminal and partner in crime with Juri, going straight working on construction, rebuilding a building he destroyed. (Will feature depending on success and if SFxT is released for PC ;) )
Dictator (Bison) - Missing presumed dead. No body was ever found and it is feared he may still be alive. Regardless, his reign has come to an end and his gang has been disbanded or joined with the Boss.
T. Hawk - Former agency member, linked with Ryu's death and currently missing. (Will be a potential future arc depending on success of this.)

But yah, that is the general jist of it, I was hoping to get some input from you guys on some things. As you can tell I'm missing a ton of people as well who I don't know what to do with. There are people like Cammy and Makoto not featured who I'm tempted to make as villains, there is also the likes of Honda and what not. There is a question of attire as well, do I stick the peeps with their original outfits or get some mods to change things up.

I had a possible concept of alternative outfits if the character powers up or the such should I add a DBZ element to things, but I doubt I will, its just a concept. Either way, what do you guys think of the concept? Should I attempt to run with this and see where it goes? It will still have a heavy ryona base to it since the girls will get punished throughout the story, but as a whole whether they succeed or not I will not say since it would ruin the story.

What do you guys thinK?

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
i like it, for makoto you could make her a non agent friend of sakura's(meaning she coulld get attacked to lure sakura in. Cammy could make a good henchman for rose though. I think using the defaults and changing it up with mods is a good idea.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Having a story element could be interesting, although I'm not really sure how popular it would be. I guess we won't know until you try :P.

There seems to be a LOT of SF ryona videos on YouTube though so something new would be nice. People always seem to appreciate videos that are edited well.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
My major concern is if I start adding a story I'm seriously going to need to add text boxes and what not. I have Sony Vegas and I don't know how I'd go about doing that, I might need a little help in that department. Does anyone know how I could go about it?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I can't walk you through the exact steps to get it done, although I know the functions are in the program and have been since some pretty early versions of Vegas. The basic idea would be to add two new video layers, one for the box and then one for the text (I think through 'text media' or 'generated media' or something to that effect). The box layer should be above your main video layer and the text should be on top of the box. You could add character portraits as well. Now as far as making the text scroll like in a video game, that would take some clipping masks and effect animation that I haven't done in Vegas before, but I know it's possible.

I hope that's enough to get you going. I think Vegas is a pretty intuitive program and if you've figured out how to do most other functions like fading and crop/pan, adding text boxes shouldn't be any trouble for you.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah, I think with enough trail and error I'll probably manage something. I think I know how to over lap the vids and what not, as for the text I could just keep trying out stuff until I get something working. I'll have to use a clear enough text to make certain it is easy to read and make it reasonably quick and to the point if I can for the time period I'm giving myself. Where someone might be able to help me though is getting a hold of portrait images for characters perhaps. I might be able to do it myself but if I falter would anyone be kind enough to use some of their own mad skills to help?

I heard a suggestion to have a variation of profile pics to reflect the mood of the character during converse, but I might just keep it simple if I can and use one image and perhaps use taunts from in game characters as a means to try and reflect their moods.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Heya. I apologize for the double post but I was hoping to bump up this thread because I need help once more. I made the first episode of this idea on youtube, and though I didn't get as many views nor a great deal of feedback, I figured I might as well keep going and move onto the next episode and at least see this mini storyline through (I hate a story only half told). What I need help with... is an overall title. I have always been awful at making titles for things and I was wondering if anyone could help me think of a good name for this mini series I'm making?

Also, in case you havn't seen it, check out the first episode if you will.
SF: The Unknown Threat (Pilot) - YouTube

The next episode which I just began now will feature two villains known as the "Blood Brothers", and will mostly consist of one sided combat against Juri and Sakura . I'll see if anyone can guess what two characters make up the Blood Brothers ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.