Whats the correct way to use "da.mod.load"? (1 Viewer)

Eric Clipperton

Potential Patron
So I'm working on a dialogue that uses ClimaxTitan's dressing room mod and the dialogue involves a lot of wardrobe changes using "da.charcode.load". However, when the charcode changes the dressing room mod is kicked off. No big deal, because I can just re-load it again with the "da.mod.load" command, right? Wrong! I keep getting a "DATA: dressing room file not found" error from the dialogue when it goes to load the .swf file. I've tried typing the code differently such as "da.modc.load":"dressing room" and "da.mod.load":"dressing room.swf" and I've tried putting the .swf in the folder where the dialogue loads, the folder where the "Play SDT loader" shortcut is (I'm using sby's loader pack, by the way) and the file where the "Loader.swf" file is and I still get this error. What is the correct way to load a mod like this? do I need the ".swf" at the end of the filename in the code? Where do I put the .swf file I want to load (I know the variables.txt file in the help folder for dialogue actions tells me to put it where the loader is but that doesn't seem to work)?

I searched through the help forum and found a post asking the same question but it was never resolved, tragically.

If the first question can't be resolved easily, there is a workaround so that the dialogue still works, though that leads to another question. The workaround is instead of using a charcode, I just manually set all the clothing changes with dialogue actions (i.e. "da.clothes.bottoms.type":"wtfever" then "da.clothes.top.type":"wtfever2",etc)

Obviously thats a much less pleasant alternative (oh well), but the second question would be then what would be the correct way to write the "da.clothes" commands to include RGB values?

Sorry for the wall of text, you can't expect a dude with a DFW avatar to understand brevity. Thanks in advance.

stuntcock

Content Creator
when the charcode changes the dressing room mod is kicked off.
Shorten the charcode.

When the SDT game generates a charcode (via the "Generate" button) it aims for completeness. However, many of the specifications will be irrelevant (e.g. "freckles=0", when you're mainly concerned with skin tone and body size). In particular, it probably includes a statement such as "bg=0".

If you omit the bg clause, then loading the charcode should not cause the dressing room scene to be lost. Hence, the other solutions and workarounds can (hopefully) be dropped.

You should probably review the entire charcode and eliminate all of the extraneous stuff (such as male clothing, arm positions, mood settings, etc). Shorten it so that it covers only the specific changes that you want (e.g. wardrobe items and their RGB settings). This will improve the compatibility of your dialogue (e.g. if a user decides to swap in a different apperance for the Male character) and reduce the need for troubleshooting or complex workarounds in the future.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Hi,

Having to struggle with those kind of things with my own dialogue, I just want to add something to what stuntcock told you:

He's totally right to tell you to shorten the charcode, if you indeed want to just alter some clothers or attributes. In this case, just load the partial charcode with just what you need. But if you want to completely change the girl, pay attention to NOT omit some clothes even when they're not present. bottoms:none is not the same as no bottoms at all. Well it is when the girl is nude. But if your girl is dressed and you load your complete charcode with no botoms info, she will just keep what she actually has on her instead of replacing it with none. In this case you'll find that your girl is a mix of your old charcode and the new one :p

Concerning your other question which made me bang my head on my walls too, I finally managed to load a mod in my dialogue with this syntax:

.......[LOAD_MOD]" {"set":{"da.mod.load":"The Beast.swf"}}
With "The Beast.swf" being stored in the $OVER$ folder (but it should also work in the $INIT$).

EDIT: I just saw that this post is dated of march 2016... Well if someone struggles with Mod loading... You're welcome :)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
FROM THE DOCUMENTATION:
[LOAD_MOD] - Set "da.mod.load" first. Then use this trigger to load mod. See "variables.txt" for more info.

da.mod.load {write only} - For loading mods. Must be trigger via the [LOAD_MOD] trigger after setting. Loads from the same folder the loader is placed in.

This documentation comes in the archive download for DialogueActions.
If you read the documentation next time, there will be less issues.

DrZombi

Content Creator
This documentation comes in the archive download for DialogueActions.
If you read the documentation next time, there will be less issues.

I know, I know... I was a little bit overacting when I said that I banged my head on my walls ah ah. It's more the [PLAY_SFX] which drove me mad. The [LOAD_MOD], I got it quickly by reading the doc after a few unsuccesful guesses :)
So yep, I did read the doc, you did not write it for nothing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.