[PC] Violated Heroine (1 Viewer)

amorant501

Ryonani Teamster
Hey there, I'm having trouble when trying the play the game, I'm using ver.130704, both the original and the english pre-patched version. I have the RPG Maker RTP 2000, I have extracted it while on Jap Locale and I believe all of that is well done, but when I open it and appear in the title screen, I can't do anything. The controls won't work or the whole keypad doesn't do anything, the only thing that works is the 'R' key, which when pressed a small window opens up with some japanese text in it and then closes. The same happens with older versions. I would really like to play this game, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance.

Okay, kind of a weird one. If the problem is the same as the one I've gotten, I fixed it by logging out of my Windows user account, and logging back in. For some reason or another it fixes it. No clue why. It doesn't really make sense to me either. But, try it and let me know if that works.

F

Falsecrown

Hi I'm new to the forums in general and i've been seeing this game floating around a lot and wanted to play it, I'm not the most computer literate guy so it took me a couple hours just to get the apple local to work and figure out how to get rpg2000 working. I finally get to the step in the translator where it does the work for me and when I click start the program never finishes and gets stuck on "waiting for files to finish copying." I tried running the translated game and get "????system????" when i try to run the game before any work is done to it I get moonrunes what am I doing wrong?

jrdhntr

Potential Patron
Have you checked out this page for the latest installation/translation instructions?

VH/Translated at Scratchpad, the temporary home of mini-wikis

Unfortunately, it's not straightforward. As of January 2013, you have to get the patched files using subversion. The idea is basically that once you get this set up correctly, you can easily keep the patch on your computer up to date with the patch on the translators' server. This is necessary because the game is constantly changing, and the translators got tired of releasing new patches every few weeks via mediafire or whatever. I'll try to watch this thread and help you out if you can't get the subversion install working.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Hi I'm new to the forums in general and i've been seeing this game floating around a lot and wanted to play it, I'm not the most computer literate guy so it took me a couple hours just to get the apple local to work and figure out how to get rpg2000 working. I finally get to the step in the translator where it does the work for me and when I click start the program never finishes and gets stuck on "waiting for files to finish copying." I tried running the translated game and get "????system????" when i try to run the game before any work is done to it I get moonrunes what am I doing wrong?

That sounds like you stuffed the RPGMaker installation or didn't run it in the correct locale. Try running with Chiitrans and using the "fix locale" option (in the run dialog, one check box).

Habisain's tool just takes a while to finish, it will go through. It will NOT copy save files correctly, so if you want saves, you copy them yourself.

G

gutin

how can i fix this error?
when i run the RPG_RT it happen.

Sem título.png

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
how can i fix this error?
when i run the RPG_RT it happen.

View attachment 51887

1) Try a simpler path (like C:\VH - short, no special characters, also NEVER run anything on Desktop or in any other special system folder, the permissions can be a hassle).
2) Make sure you are in the correct locale (change system locale or use Chiitrans etc. to run; Applocale is not reliable). In this very thread there is a post about LMT files that suggests you used the incorrect locale - Google is your friend (in this regard).

PS. For more technical help, see the Scratchpad Wiki http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/VH/Setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Oxlov

So when I try to install the RTP, I keep getting this error:

RTPInstallError.png

It's happened with both the 2000 and 2003 versions. Any idea what the issue is?

O

Oxlov

Looks like you extracted from zip/installed it without being having japan set as your language for non-unicode programs.

Try changing it in regional settings in control panel, then reinstalling it.
That did it. Thanks for the help
...I realize my question should probably have gone in a different help thread, tbh. Sorry about that.

flamewolf393

Potential Patron
So are parts of this game still in development? I finished the mountain brothel with serena, and when I got back to town it gave me a message saying next part under construction, and I cant advance the story anymore.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
So are parts of this game still in development? I finished the mountain brothel with serena, and when I got back to town it gave me a message saying next part under construction, and I cant advance the story anymore.

This game will never be finished. We'll be lucky to get even SOME plot threads with final solutions. Enjoy the ride!

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
For the past year or so though they have branched out a lot and are working on many branches at once but none of them are close to finished. At the same time they are working on a lot of new H-content additions (and removals...) to keep the game in a reasonable size I guess?

But in any case, I hope sooner or later it will be finished and I hope they don't abandon the project. I haven't touched it in a while though as there are too many dead ends right now (I don't mean game overs but just points in which the line is not finished).

amorant501

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah this game is one I play for a while, then ignore for a few months or so, and come back to see what new stuff has been added. Don't think it will be "finished" anytime soon. Though, part of me likes that, the other part of me fears an unfinished project that's just given up on. Which if it were to die, would be a damn shame considering the amount of time invested into this game already.

On a somewhat unrelated note. Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to answer questions as they arise. I'd said in the OP that I would be doing that myself, but I haven't had the time lately (well for a long while actually). Sometime soon, I'll be updating the OP as it's gotten quite old in the meantime. And hopefully will have the time of day again to check in more often. Though the problems and questions are relatively infrequent, I feel guilty when I see a question was asked, and it took days before I even saw it.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
is there a save file editor for this type of save files?

None that I have seen, but it might be simple enough to find an editor or editing instructions, since the RPGMaker engine is widely used. The in-game debug tool and testing rooms can do just about everything though, it just takes a little planning and patience as you have to crank everything out inside the game engine.

Some plot threads have event-advancing characters/items in debug mode, too, so you can even speed up quests if you know what you're doing. Consult the wikis - that's how I got started.

notjesus

Potential Patron
is there a way to change the age of the characters to 18? Is this game even legal with the 16 yo main character?

amorant501

Ryonani Teamster
is there a way to change the age of the characters to 18? Is this game even legal with the 16 yo main character?

Not like the cops will be breaking down your door for playing VH. Sure she's 16 but shes also just a drawing. It's not as if we're getting pictures of real 16 year old girls in these less than desirable situations (obviously). Shouldn't really matter all that much. I'm fairly certain the acceptable age is somewhat different in Japan. So that's why she's 16. It's a strange cultural thing that seems to favor younger individuals. I mean how many animes out there star main characters still in high school? Women under the age of 18 with breasts bigger than their head. Only underage because they say so, yet almost never look underaged.

notjesus

Potential Patron
Thanks

Thanks, figured it was legal since it was hosted and easily found on google, so I wasn't really worried about that. Still weird personally, maybe I can edit the file somehow (you're right- she looks 20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.