Undertow Charter (1 Viewer)

Howdy folks. It's taken me awhile to think on this and revise after writing out my thoughts for the charter on the Discord server, but I wanted to post this updated version of the community charter here now that I'm comfortable with where it's at. If you're new to our server or the website, I have a quick history lesson for you...

The Dreaded History Lesson​

Undertow is the result of three different online communities merging.

Ryonani - A forum started in 2009 by me to discuss and share ryona related content and adjacent kinks
SDTMods - A modding forum started in 2011 by anonymous for the free, Flash-based game, Super Deepthroat by konashion
GameVixenZone - An abandoned forum brought back from the early 2000's in 2012 by katzmotel for general appreciation of female video game characters and sharing game mods/skins for PC games

The sites pre-dated the social media boom and it'd be fair to say we haven't moved that direction much with the intention of protecting our privacy and having control of the content we've created over the years. Small, self-hosted online communities are dwindling with most people preferring to use social media sites and admittedly we're not an exception to this. While we've continued to hold a steady member base over the years, the merger into Undertow caused a lot of friction and many people have left since due to moral objections with the site's content and due to poor management of the community while I went through various life events and career changes. So with that, I'll try to keep the mission statement of the community as short and sweet as I can.

Mission Statement​

I'm a firm believer that people should have healthy outlets for their sexual interests and that without them, over time they turn to obsessions. I've gone through this myself over my adolescence and young adult life with ryona and I'm confident without having this community to help normalize my experience with others in a partially anonymous environment, my sexual fantasies would have one day seeped into my reality. Over the course of hosting the forums, I found many others shared similar experiences for other interests and have struggled to find stable places for a sense of community. While I don't believe Undertow will ever be one of the largest online gatherings for any particular interest, the core tenet of this community is to allow people to explore and discuss sexual interests free of shame, persecution or ridicule. While gaming is a shared interest amongst the vast majority of our members, the glue that's held this community together is a shared acceptance that our fantasies and interests are not a reflection or indicator of our character.

Expectations​

As the community has a rocky and organic history, I can't realistically expect everyone to be at the same level of acceptance of all sexual interests and I understand everyone has their own reasons for being here and that it may have nothing to do with my interests or goals. If that's the case, I simply ask you keep any negativity or shame based language outside the realm of sex/sexuality. If you're unwilling to do this, you'll be asked to leave.

Current State​

For 11 years I self-funded the site and have recouped some costs through generic publisher advertising, but as of April 2021 the site is now hosted through donations from supporters. As I have a strong interest in passing the torch off to someone for this community one day, I'm always looking for people to step into more leadership/development oriented roles. If you're interested, feel free to contact me directly.

Privacy​

The site is allows for a good deal of anonymity and I have no expectations for anyone to share any personal details they're not comfortable sharing. I'm personally a big proponent for privacy on the internet and life in general. If you're looking for any suggestions on maintaining your privacy online, don't hesitate to reach out or ask for suggestions in The Guest Room.

So with that, please enjoy your time here and share what you'd like to share as long as it adheres to the site rules linked in my signature.

Closing​

I wanted to give some shout-outs to a few people who've left their mark on the community or myself over the years. I know I'll have missed a few people, but I hope you can let that slide. My brain is relatively mush from what it used to be.

@fleet, a veteran from GVZ v2 and the last mod standing. They've been a steady and fair presence in the community since they volunteered to help out after the community mergers and is directly responsible for keeping me from running for the hills for a solid 4 years without a single complaint. The merger wasn't kind to my mental health and I'm confident the forums would have gone down in flames without their help.

@anonymous for building the foundation of the SDT community with me a decade ago. I never would have thought these communities would still be going to this day so it's fun to see them still around even if they're not as involved.

@stuntcock for making the RM what it is today. Their attention to detail and drive to give the vast amount of SDT content some real structure is something I hope is appreciated by everyone who makes use of it. It'd be wrong of me not to admit that a lot of their effort went to waste as I was the bottleneck to progress and great ideas to make the site more usable for everyone.

@zzaapp002 for picking up where stuntcock left off and goin' at it non-stop. I know it's a lot of thankless work, but I hope everyone recognizes the time and effort they put in to make the RM complete with author's properly credited.

@Samoth & @Taulath for bein' super-duper good guys in Discord and volunteering their time to be as helpful as humanly possible.

@sclover13 & @sorrowww for being a positive force in the SDT community, keeping modding alive and helping out our Discord server with some much needed remodeling.

@Black Lion , @TheCrimsonRisk , @Unrelated, @Raden, @meepmeep, @Holymolydude123, @h0ly123 - I know I've drifted away for some time, but you guys have stuck it out with me and the community through thick and thin. Y'all have been down to earth and great company for pretty much everyone passing through here. It means a lot to see you still come by.

onlinehero, daman077c, randomguy, Boundy22, hiraga - for helping establish Ryonani's presence on YouTube, guiding a lot of people to our community, and putting out some great early ryona content. You guys were pioneers of your time and I can't thank you enough.

@suzu ( 鈴 for somehow getting to nearly 4k posts without me even noticing ;D thanks for setting up shop here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.