Unable to save mods (1 Viewer)

cookiemonste

Potential Patron
Hello guys,
I am encountering a problem.
I can't save certain mods. SDT says, the path has not been found.
I have all the mod files in the SDT folder, because I can't figure it out how to type the path if I put it in a nother folder in the SDT folder.
It worked with every mod so far.

And it also only happened with new mods (downloaded a short time ago from me).
For example, Dantes pulled down mod, the Silk Specter Costume and hair which are also from him.
Can you help me?

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
I have the same problem except in can't save any mods. they don't show up in the sliders also but i can change the color where they should be.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hi M MysterionRises . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

they don't show up in the sliders also but i can change the color where they should be.
It sounds like you're using the Loader. If this isn't true then please let me know.

This is normal behavior for the Loader. It allows multiple items to be placed in each "slot", so it doesn't bother to actually display the name of your custom shirt (or glove, etc) within the selector.

I have the same problem except in can't save any mods.

If you manually load various SWF files (for hair and clothing) via the "Swf Mod..." button and then you click the "Save Character" button, those SWF files will not always be included in your saved-character definition. We encourage people not to save characters in this way, and instead to use Character Folders or the moreClothing mod. Aside from reliability, those two techniques allow you to easily share your custom characters with other people. Here's a recent Help reply which explains the issue in greater detail. You may also benefit from reading the Newbie Guide.

If you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this thread or create a new Help thread with additional information about the difficulties that you've encountered.

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
Thanks for the help, before i commented i read the newbie guide and i forgot to make a character name in the main character text file. so i had my mods running just fine, except for a glasses mod that doesn't want to load and also my frilly stocking over knee mods wants to work half the time. So my big question is how can i fix my character folder to have my mod that works, work all the time?

stuntcock

Content Creator
my frilly stocking over knee mods wants to work half the time. So my big question is how can i fix my character folder to have my mod that works, work all the time?
If you have one character folder, and you can that character consistently (e.g. hair and body are adjusted to the correct values), but the stockings appear only 50% of the time -- then there's probably a mod compatibility error. Try running the Flash Player Projector content debugger to look for exceptions. Or just share a ZIPped copy of your misbehaving Character Folder, along with a copy-paste of your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt file, so that we can check for conflicts.

If the stockings mod is included in several of your Character Folders, and it consistently works for half of them and and never works for the other half -- then that's probably a more straightforward issue. The misbehaving half probably includes an additional mod (such as a miniskirt) which is replacing or overriding the stockings. You might be able to fix the issue by changing your loading order (i.e. rearranging the lines in your Mods.txt files). Sharing a ZIP copy of your misbehaving Character Folder(s) may also be useful, because we can then try to reproduce the problem and then explain why it's occurring.

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
Ok i got it so all my clothing mods load no problem. I have 2 more problems both are relatively minor. No glasses load for any of my characters, i see them load for a split second then they don't show. I can load it via the .sfw button, same thing happens with a frilly collar i have. I've also saved an animated background to each of my character folders yet none show, even for a split second.

My second problem is i can't get any mods to show in the Loader window such as Switch Set and Mouse Recorder. The latter being the only one of the two i can load with the flash player itself. (I also know Switch Set came with directions but i haven't wrapped my mind around it yet.)

stuntcock

Content Creator
No glasses load for any of my characters, i see them load for a split second then they don't show.
Clean up your charcodes. charCodes tend to be very thorough; they'll define every aspect of a character. So they'll include things such as (bg:4) and (eyewear:none). You can fiddle with the Mods.txt file in your character folder, adding a custom background or a set of eyeglasses. But a moment later, the Code.txt file will take effect and assert its own preferences ("This character uses default background #4 and she doesn't wear glasses!")

Solution: review your Code.txt file. Trim it down. Retain the significant stuff (such as eye color and mood). Eliminate the destructive or contradictory stuff (such as eyewear:none). The in-between stuff (such as freckles) is at your discretion.

It's also possible that you have charCodes embedded into some of your SWF files. That's slightly trickier to deal with, because you can't directly edit them. The problem is discussed in the linked thread. There are ways to deal with it, but let's deal with the Code.txt thing first.

My second problem is i can't get any mods to show in the Loader window such as Switch Set and Mouse Recorder.
The Loader pane has multiple "pages"; each mod can potentially occupy its own page and provide a bunch of different information (and/or GUI controls) to the user. The Loader pane presents small left (◄) and right (►) buttons in its lower-right corner. Try clicking them.

(I also know Switch Set came with directions but i haven't wrapped my mind around it yet.)
SwitchSet works fine for me. Perhaps you've set it up correctly, and you simply need to use the left/right buttons to make it appear in-game. If you have specific questions then I can try to provide answers. But I'm not going to write up a walkthrough document with a bunch of screenshots, because I feel that the SwitchSet mod is adequately documented already.

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
Thanks for all the help man, i didn't know you didn't need to have all the clothing options in the code.txt. I just have one more question, if i have a mod that is RGB enabled and I delete the corresponding code line. Is there a way to change the color, or is the color only defined by the code line?

stuntcock

Content Creator
if i have a mod that is RGB enabled and I delete the corresponding code line. Is there a way to change the color, or is the color only defined by the code line?
It's defined by the code line. The slider setting will tend to persist, though. So you can include a Code.txt entry such as:

Code:
tops:none,255,255,255,1;
Which means "remove any shirt that she's currently wearing, and then set the RGB1 slider to opaque white."

Assuming that the Mods.txt file subsequently loads a shirt, that shirt it will inherit the white color. This method isn't entirely reliable, since the SWF file might then apply its own prefered/default color. But it's worth trying, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.