Unable to Post Reply or Change User Preferences (1 Viewer)

ViridianShine

Club Regular
Hey,

I got the "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." error when trying to post a reply to my thread last night. I thought it might be related to user preferences, but I receive the same error when trying to confirm "Resource Manager" and "Media Gallery".

My Console is showing "net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT" and a 500 (Internal Server Error)

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Your user privileges seem to be okay. Is this still happening?

ViridianShine

Club Regular
Unfortunately yes. Just tried again to confirm the Resource Manager and Media Gallery in my profile and received the same issue. 500 Internal Server Error is still the Console message. Have not tested to see if the reply I was trying to post is working.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I posted a help request at undertow's discord site for the gurus to look into this.

ViridianShine

Club Regular
I should probably mention the rest of the details:

It happened while I was posting the last reply on my profile. I was directly uploading images and two went through while the third didn't. I swapped the third to imgur hosting and the edit saved, but I incurred the console errors above afterwards.

I also cannot actually edit that specific reply anymore either, as any attempts to save the edit gets hit with the error message. Posting replies here seem to be fine, but its that thread that I can no longer post any reply uploading images as well as using imgur.

I had assumed I bricked something while uploading images directly to the forum or making posts that were way too long individually, but it was strange that it affected changing user preferences too.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Gurus at Undertow's Discord have received and are looking into the problem.
I noticed that your thread has the image posted as 'full size' PNG files. You might want to edit your posts to delete the full-sized images, save the edited post, and the insert the images as thumbnails. PNG files tend to be big (compared to jpg files), and file size MIGHT be a factor.
Doing so MIGHT allow you to do what you want while the gurus work on a more permanent fix.

ViridianShine

Club Regular
I did a bit of testing to help pinpoint the issue:

When editing posts #4, #5, and #6, I am unable to save the edit even if I change nothing and receive the error. Its noteworthy that these posts are are 2.2k, 1.9k, and 3.0k words respectively. As a follow up, I also tested 'reducing' these posts by deleting the images entirely and trying to save that edit, but this still incurs the error.

However, editing #2 and #3 works fine, and these posts are 900 and 1.2k words respectively. I've deleted the attachments in them regardless and replaced them with imgur hosting for now, but this does not seem to fix the above issue with posts #4, #5, and #6 at all.

I made a test reply inside the thread and that passed like normal.

Also note that through this, I've tested my own user preferences at a few points to see if I can edit it at all, but I still could not at any time.

___

I find it strange that I was able to make these posts in the first place if I can't save any sort of edit now, but I suspect that posts #4, #5, and #6 being active on the forum is somehow locking my account up. Do you suppose that I've just fit too many words into one post and somehow broke something?

I'm willing to test deleting the posts and reposting them split up in smaller chunks, but I'm not sure if the Guru's wanted the offending posts left as-is to inspect.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Other folks are now reporting the problem with being unable to attach files,and the gurus are investigating. I'd recommend leaving the 'offending' posts alone, and make a new thread.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Hello, if my understanding of the backend situation is right the issue should be now solved. Could you confirm on your end to see if this is the case?

ViridianShine

Club Regular
Yep, I've managed to change my user preferences now and I no longer have any errors regarding editing or posting anything on the thread. Thanks for all your effort with the issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.