Trouble with making clothing (1 Viewer)

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
So for the last couple of days I've been trying my hand at making some clothing mods by combining the dress pulled down mod with various micro short dresses. Every time I've tried to export the mod in question i get an error. The most common one is this,

Symbol 'DressBottom', Layer 'Settings', Frame 1, Line 10, Column 22 1120: Access of undefined property ModTypes.

At first i tried using the body template until i realized there was a top and bottom template.
If anyone can help it would be very appreciated.

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
Alright so i got my mod to finally be published, yet it still doesn't show up on a character. When i load it with the flash player i get a picture of what i published and not the SDT splash screen.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Alright so i got my mod to finally be published, yet it still doesn't show up on a character. When i load it with the flash player i get a picture of what i published and not the SDT splash screen.
Upload your SWF file, or preferably your FLA file.

The most likely problem is that you lack the SDTMods folder (which can be found within the SDTModding.zip package here). You may have compensated for the missing files by clearing out the Document Class parameter (which ought to be "SDTMods.ModPackage", but which is presumably blank within your FLA project). You may have also remove the import statements from your code.

If so, then you should be able to simply deploy the SDTMods subfolder into the same place as your FLA file, then restore the Document Class setting (and ensure that each of your ActionScript files begins with "import SDTMods.*;" ) and then publish your file.

If not -- or if additional problems arise -- then you can upload your FLA file and we'll attempt to troubleshoot.

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
Alright so I was using the Mod Pack CS5 but i downloaded the other pack like you said and rebuilt the mod but the same thing is happening. I am very new to Flash modding so I'm not really sure what I'm doing but here's the .fla so you can see where i went wrong.

stuntcock

Content Creator
i downloaded the other pack like you said and rebuilt the mod but the same thing is happening.
Downloaded the file; published to SWF; tested it in-game (Loader.swf and SDT.swf); it works fine.

Can you provide a specific error message from the Flash IDE, or an in-game screenshot showing a messed-up version of the costume, or an exception from the Flash Player projector content debugger, or something along those lines? I can't really offer any meaningful assistance at this point, because I can't find any errors or omissions in the FLA file.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
do not open your published swf expecting to see it on a character, you have to actually load it in sdt to see what it looks like on her.

MysterionRises

Potential Patron
Alright alright alright...finally i got it. Thank you Stuntcock you are a god send, adding the Action Script to the .fla folder was all i needed to do. I'll see if i can finish the other three dresses tonight, if not I'll do it after i get home from work tomorrow and share them with all of you. Next step after that would be to make them RGB but that will probably be a whole other thread of questions from me, ha ha.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
quick answer of rgbfill is that you want to make a symbol with an instance name of 'rgbFill' or 'rgbFill2' on whatever clothing piece you are making. i believe you want to use black for the color chosen in game to match what it gets filled with. you then do any other shading and highlights on separate layers or symbols outside of the rgbFill symbol.

i have only made a few little things here and there, and i found that things filled nicely if i did the rgbill for the outlines as well, but i kept a copy of the outline outside of the fill and set it to half opacity. but perhaps the experienced clothing modders have a better way to work with rbgfills and outlines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.