The Star Wars Thread (1 Viewer)

nate kirt

Potential Patron
So there's a lot of Star Wars content for SDT, Mods, Hairs, Backgrounds, etc. There isn't one thread for it all so here this is. ill start out by posting what ever star wars stuff i have and i'd love if everyone would join in.

Rules:

1) If and when you post stuff please use a header in Bold font 6 Arial, and a list of files attached.
2) Only Star Wars Stuff
3) Please be nice and helpful :)

Last edited:

nate kirt

Potential Patron
Ahsoka

This is all the Ahsoka stuff I have includes:
-2 different codes for Ahsoka
-2 Hairs
-2 Mods for Togrutan Markings
-2 Adult Togrutan mods

Attachments

• hair.png
    hair.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 2,376
  • hair.png
    hair.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,076
code.txt
912 bytes · Views: 1,186

Ahsoka_Marking3s.swf
10.3 KB · Views: 1,413

code.txt
267 bytes · Views: 758

Adult Togrutan v2.swf
35.4 KB · Views: 1,167

Adult_Togrutan.swf
35.4 KB · Views: 1,026

Ahsoka_Markings.swf
10.3 KB · Views: 1,057

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello nate kirt.

If you want to make a thread with other people's work, you should name the artists/modders that produced these mods.

Also, it is unnecessary to attach again the mods when they are already hosted on the forum, like Slave_Leia_db.swf, made by @darkbones, and already available in his import thread (this is just an example, I didn't checked the others). It is just wasting server space.
You can copy the link of the attachement as I did above.

stuntcock

Content Creator
There isn't one thread for it all
There's a reason why it isn't all in one thread. Reposting files in this way detaches them from their authors, and from any documentation or related material which is supposed to accompany them.

If you've run across long-lost mod files or files of unknown authorship then you're welcome to reupload them so that they can be shared and discussed among Undertow users. But it's silly to reupload stuff that's already available elsewhere on the website, especially if you're not going to credit the person who created it.

I think that the easiest solution is to gather all of this material under the <star wars> tag. It takes only a few seconds to tag a file (or an entire thread) and the website can then generate a complete "catalogue" of all the available Star Wars stuff. Adding a tag is much easier than manually reposting files into a specific thread, and it also allows for cross-referencing. Imagine if we had a thread for Star Wars stuff, and a thread for short-haired girls, and a thread for brunette hairstyles, etc. After creating the Rey mod, @walkeroftheocean would have needed to post his file in four different places :)

In my opinion, a tag-based catalogue is also easier for "consumers" to navigate. If you look at some of the old mega-threads (such as the My Little Pony thread) you'll find that they quickly fill up with reposts, requests for new material, feedback on specific files, tech support inquiries, shameless bumps, and complaints about broken links.

If you'd like to upload these files individually to the Resource Manager (with each file being attached to the artist or modder who created it) then I'll help you to do so.

To be clear - you haven't broken any rules and you're free to continue with this thread if you want to. I just think that it isn't the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.